Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 01:00 PM) Did anyone hear any booing last weekend when 110K showed up to watch them play the Yanks. How about the over 100K that showed up to see them take a s*** against the Twins. I am offended by these quotes actually as the last I could see we were coming out in droves spending dough and they were not really looking to good (7-18 at home in the last 25?). Call me a bandwagon jumper if you will but I am not going to sit with the rose colored glasses on. If he is reading these boards, he needs a new hobby. Sorry. I heard booing Saturday against the Yankees while I was at the game.
  2. Supporting someone who supports murder ISN'T in support of Christianity. There are no exceptions to "Thou shalt not kill"
  3. Good stuff.
  4. Try this chick on for size... http://www.nbc5.com/news/4899550/detail.html
  5. I really think if Hutchenson isn't the starting QB of the Bears, that it won't be Orton either...
  6. "You wanna piss off Everett?"
  7. I guess with the whole "Griffey Talk" thing fading into the backround, now Soxtalk is "TimoTalk" Quick someone get a banner together!
  8. QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 10:04 AM) Are we going to get shutdown by another soft-throwing scrub that we're seeing for the first time? If by "soft-tossing" you mean a guy who throws 98 with a mid 80's curveball... then yes.
  9. I gotta say... This is a much better arguement to be having, than the stuff we have been having at this time of year, in recent years past.
  10. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 09:26 AM) An excellent essay. I found the suggestions about how we will come to lament a "necrotic" suburbia and our decision to go that route to be particularly insightful. I disagree with his assessment of the importance of future energy-to-biomass operations, although they will only be viable in certain locations. Pyrolysis is a more promising production method than the older biogenic means of fermenting 'biogas', and the input issues regarding fertilizers are obviated if we harvest seaweed as the biomas source. Twenty years from now we'll probably have pyrolysis factory ships permanently out in the Sargasso Sea harvesting Sargassum to convert into burnable fuel. Of course none of that can be done on a scale sufficient to replace much of the lost oil production, and it won't solve environmental issues since these fuels will still be combusted in order to release energy. Hopefully somebody also gets serious about looking into the feasibility of OTEC (Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion) in addition to fuel cell and renewable alternative energy sources. But, largely I agree with the essay. Things will be very different for upcoming generations. Finally my Catch-All thread for Nerds!!!
  11. http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/08/25/D8C70EP81.html
  12. QUOTE(Goldmember @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 08:41 AM) love bristol. have been thinking about getting my masters at a college about an hour from there and being so close to brisol is obviously a huge perk. never been to a cup race but stopped by the track on vacation and was really surprised at how big that place is. it's kinda nestled in the hills too so having that as a backdrop makes it look even better... That whole area is beautiful. My wife has family down there, and we actually got to go out onto the track. I loved it down there.
  13. Mark Buehrle has earned the right to start game one of the playoffs. To me its just like bringing back Frank Thomas because he is one of the best players in your history. Mark Buehrle's contributions over the years have earned him the right to start game one.
  14. QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 10:31 PM) If that is the case why bring him back? Is this a smart move?? I say let him get healthy, why risk him totally blowing out a groin and then missing the playoffs completely. 80% of Pods>>>>>100% of Timo
  15. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 09:23 PM) Aaron Rowand doesn't count? Anyways, I'll take Mark Buehrle, Jon Garland, Bobby Jenks, Neal Cotts, they can have the offense, I'll take the pitching. You forgot Poland!
  16. Like I said after game one, if we pitch and defend like this in the playoffs, we are going to do well. This was a great series for the Sox, and oh by the way, proved Ozzie and Pauly's statments true from after game one...
  17. QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 03:55 PM) http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/2005afl/roster_ps.html According to this it's Fields Sweeney Valido Tracey Two more spots TBA -- I assume one is Reynoso. BHAM, can you chime in on Sweeney's status? I thought Young was taking Sweeney's place?
  18. QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 04:44 PM) But I don't have a trouser snake with which to test this tried and true methodolgy! Two words Cubs Game
  19. Happy Birthday Santo!!!
  20. QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 03:13 PM) I don't get it. Crede got hurt trying to bunt? But he didn't get hit by the pitch?? He offered (bunted) at the pitch, which is the same as swinging at the pitch. After you swing at a pitch, it doesn't matter if it hits you or not, its a strike. It was the right call.
  21. QUOTE(shakes @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 03:08 PM) Quick question. Had to listen to the game on the radio. I know it was a BS call, but shouldn't Konerko's drop have been scored an error? Not a chance, the ball was a dive that tipped off of his glove.
  22. EAT s*** TWINS!!!!!
  23. .... Here are some beers for your beer shower!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.