Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Show Thomas the love
Yea! Another thread down the toilet. This place just sucks lately.
-
Hurricane Katrina
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9115520/ More relief organizations that will be giving help to these areas.
-
Hurricane Katrina
http://www.nbc5.com/news/4887230/detail.ht...772&dppid=65172 Yeah, I would guess no one is getting up on the roof to check it out.
-
Show Thomas the love
QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 09:20 AM) Wow, I never even thought of that. That's a good question. Why was he never there? I hope there's a satisfying answer out there. Everyone was too busy disection Paul Konerko's last statement to notice...
-
Hurricane Katrina
QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 09:23 AM) Is there any way to find out how the hotels are holding up? I am trying to decide if I should call Cathy to see if she has heard from Chris or not. You might want to call to comfort her, but I doubt there are any utilities active down there. I would be shocked if anyone could get a phone call connected to that area.
-
Core of the Core Seating Chart
QUOTE(aboz56 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 09:16 AM) I expect everyone to wear nametags with poster id's and post count totals at the event ala WSI at Soxfest. If anyone actually does this, please have someone punch you in the face. Have fun all! [tears up prepared name tag, complete with post total]
-
Hurricane Katrina
QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 09:19 AM) I always knew that - because when we visited there we saw the cemetaries and heard the stories of being below sea level, etc.. - but never really bothered to comprehend exactly what it meant. On another note.. how far is Shreveport from NO...? Shereveport is plenty north and west of NO.
-
Hurricane Katrina
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 09:17 AM) How bad will this be compared to the hurricanes Florida had last year in terms of damage and potential cost? This would be the single most expensive hurricane if it passes $20 billion. Also they are talking about the enviornmental costs and problems here. They are talking about a flooded cesspool of chemicals, waste, and even dead bodies (Because NO is under sea level, most people are not buried, instead there are above ground tombs) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9113550/
-
Hurricane Katrina
http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provider/...0829&ID=5068935 They are estimating at the very least $12 billion in damages, two estimates are $25-30 billion in total damage.
-
Hurricane Katrina
I did just see a clip on CNBC that the DOE will authorize the use of the Strategic Oil Reserve to help cover energy disruptions caused by Katrina.
-
Core of the Core Seating Chart
QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 09:02 AM) I know. Did you say thank you? Of course I did, Daddy
-
Hurricane Katrina
QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:53 AM) They said they would not be surprised to see 1 million + casualties from this hurricane. Wow. That's all you can say. Wow. My advice would be for everyone who can afford it, make a donation to the Red Cross, because this is going to be the life blood of some people for weeks at least. https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation-form.asp
-
Hurricane Katrina
QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:49 AM) It was a report from FEMA, and they did say 1 million from NO to the Cape area. I'm not familiar with NO and it's surrounding areas so I have no idea of what the "cape" area is ...? But they did say 1 million. They also said that there's a 40% chance the Superdome won't survive. Must be the metro area then, even so it was reported that 80% of NO evacuated, so maybe the number was 1 million people left? Anyways, about the Superdome, they said a section of roof opened up and is damaged http://www.cnn.com/2005/WEATHER/08/29/hurr...rina/index.html
-
Rapper Shot
Even funnier, Suge might have shot himself. http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/341507p-291580c.html
-
Hurricane Katrina
QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:38 AM) I heard on WGN that waves will reach 30 ft. and that the New Orleans sewer sytem and flood control will be destroyed with the city under 10-20 feet of sewage and toxic stuff from landfills and such. 90 % of the homes will be destroyed with the expected casualties at 1 million. There are only 500,000 people that live in New Orleans?!?!? I think you might have gotten some bad info.
-
Hurricane Katrina
The eye of the hurricane is now completely ashore
-
Core of the Core Seating Chart
QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:18 AM) You said you weren't going! I'm in 105 row 12 or 17 or 19 or something. Trust me, I wasn't planning on it.
-
Rocket screwed again
I believe that I heard yesterday that the Astros have been shutout 16 times and 8 of them are when Clemens has started.
- Running of the Bulls
-
Show Thomas the love
I'd like to see an appreciation day, but not this year. The focus needs to be on the team down the stretch, and not the potential distraction of Frank Thomas maybe not coming back next year.
-
Anderson Demoted
Uh guys, Adkins won't be on the roster at midnight August 31st either. Brandon McCarthy is getting called up on the 30th and will replace Jon Adkins.
-
Hurricane Katrina
QUOTE(winodj @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 07:35 AM) I'm willing to bet that won't happen. I don't think it will either, but it should. I do wish the media would actually pick up the ball and run with this one though.
-
Hurricane Katrina
One more thing to throw on the fire... This would be an occasion that Bush should make a statement saying he will release crude from the Strategic Reserve to replace disruption of production. This is an actual emergency, and fits what the intention of what the Reserve was made for.
-
The Financing of "Camp Casey"
QUOTE(winodj @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 03:06 PM) Yeah, we should. But - the first week she was there, it was her and a tarp. As crazy as she may be, people were touched by her story. But see that is where is becomes interesting. When you start to have money involved, you have to question where it becomes an influence and how much of an influence it is. No one had any problems connecting the dots with the Swift Boat Vets and seeing who was financing that mess, and then using it to define their message as partisian. I don't think this is much different.
-
Hurricane Katrina
Surprisingly crude has faded during the overnight session back under $70 bbp. It will be interesting to see what happens when they start tradeing in the pits at 9 am CDT.