Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Hurricane Katrina
QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 07:40 PM) My aunt and uncle live just outside of Biloxi. They both work at a hospital, so they can't leave. I usually don't get too worked up about hurricanes but after Ivan last year and Dennis (even though it wasn't that bad) this year, I have a bit of a different outlook. They are already talking about tornados flaring up in Alabama and Mississippi now. What is the outlook for you in Bham?
-
Yanks get a new CF...
QUOTE(rangercal @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 12:35 PM) They traded Dubois for Gerut, Gerut for Lawton, Lawton for Berg? In 2 months? What is the Logic? To all of the people who fancy themselves as GMs on here, this is the perfect example of why you don't make knee jerk reaction trades. Hendry is all over the map with no plan at all, and this is what it got him.
-
September call ups
QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 07:32 PM) Do you think BMAC will get that start in Boston on 9/5? Supposedly it will be El Duque.
-
Happy Birthday He Gawn(17) & wsox08(19)!
Happy Birthday Boys
-
Hurricane Katrina
Last trade is $70.86 up almost $5 bbp
-
Core of the Core Seating Chart
Section 105 Row 10 seats 5-6
-
Grand Canyon to Get Glass-Bottomed Walk
On our honeymoon when we were in Toronto we went up to the top of the CN Tower. My wife is deathly afraid of heights and barely moved away from the elevator. Me I have no brains so the section where it is glass bottomed and 1300 feet in the air, I was jumping up and down on it. I'd definately do this.
-
Orton = Bears starter
QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 06:00 PM) I'm thinking Harry Caray's on Kinze street. All proceeds will go to the chartiable organization of my choice. https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr RAAAAAAAAAAAAANCH!
-
Hurricane Katrina
OPenning trade in the NYMEX overnight session of Oct Crude was over $70.00 a barrell. Gasoline will be $3 a gallon for Labor Day weekend, mark my words. If you have a half empty tank, fill up TONIGHT!
-
The End of Hutch?
QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 11:46 AM) If Orton is named the Bears starter for Week 1, I'll set up a web cam and eat my hat. QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 01:42 PM) It's official. Bears | Orton Named Starting QB Sun, 28 Aug 2005 11:19:25 -0700 The Chicago Bears have named rookie QB Kyle Orton as their new starting quarterback for the start of the 2005 season. Bears | Blake to Serve as No. 2 QB Sun, 28 Aug 2005 11:17:19 -0700 The Chicago Bears have named QB Jeff Blake as their No. 2 quarterback entering the season. Would you like Ranch on that hat?
-
Hurricane Katrina
20 foot storm surges are being predicted in front of this storm. The entire city of New Orleans is being evacuated, and will probably be under at least 10 feet of water.
-
September call ups
We had better see Baj. After the year he has had, he deserves a chance
-
Will we get no hit today?
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 12:23 AM) We would have been shutout without BA. And we would have scored a lot more runs if we had Frank Thomas, Scott Pods, and someone else pitching... See how easy that is?
-
Jordan Danks Article
Its nice to see a kid sticking with his moral compass. Good luck Danks, I'll be sure to have a softspot for the kid no matter where he ends up. Hopfully class and honesty take him somewhere.
-
The Financing of "Camp Casey"
QUOTE(winodj @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 07:29 PM) So, people with money, heard a media savvy mother's story and chose to support it by making her ordeal more bearable. So what? This is just another way to spin Cindy Sheehan as being some sort of "enemy of the state" which is bulls***. She might be bats***crazy, but she's not unpatriotic. She's not an enemy of the state - she's just weird. But she has a story that a lot of people attached to. This happens all the freakin time. It's a nonstory. For me its what came first, the chicken or the egg? Is she just another Willie Horton production put together by a partisian PR machine? You can tell by the words she uses that part of her motivation is to take down Bush, heck she has called for his impeachment, if she is someone's mouthpiece should we know that? QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 09:52 PM) The fact is that he doesn't meet with people who dissent against his policies. The crowds for his PR gatherings are almost always screened sometimes so intensely so that people are barred from the public events (even if they just wanted to ask a question during Q&A that would be perceived as criticizing the Patton of Crawford. And I am sure that he is the first President to ever try to make himself look better by throwing himself BP fastballs.
-
Congrats Brian Anderson!
Have a night Brian Anderson!!! Congrats big man. Just a little request for Ozzie, could we play Brian against a human pitcher once in a while? His 4 starts have been against Radke, Santana, Randy Johnson, and Felix Hernandez... COME ON?!@?!
-
Matt Smith outrighted to Charlotte...
QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 04:11 PM) Not to steal your thunder, Sir Heads, but I was about to post a nice, friendly hello to Aidan last evening. Who else could come in and write 3,000 non-sensical posts in two days? If not me, Brando.
-
The Financing of "Camp Casey"
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=politics&id=3382521
-
Timo is the best
QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 02:56 PM) I dislike Timo...but there are a lot more viable candidates than someone making one million dollars. ^ Hello Jaime Navarro?
-
Hizzonor questioned by Feds
http://cbs2chicago.com/politics/local_story_238133208.html
-
Jason & Co...
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 02:06 PM) Mike, I won't accept your donations. You've done far too much for this site as is. Heck, I still have no idea what to say about the donations. I've never been much of a fan of asking for them but I'm very appreciative for everyone being so willing. But does this mean you guys will get mad if I show up to the next Sox game in a porsche??? Well if that is the case, I have this email from a Nigerian Prince I can forward to you that might help...
-
Jason & Co...
I think the donations are a great idea, and I wish I could help. A baby and a home kinda are cramping my style right now though. I am curious why the other thread with the discussions about the players rules got closed though? It didn't seem like any attacks were being made or anyone was causing any trouble... I still wanted to discuss trying to end some of the personal attacks that are still going on here even today.
-
Pat Robertson calls for Chavez assasination
QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 01:17 PM) Claiming to be devout & demonstrating your devotion are two entirely different things. This might be the first thing I think I might have ever actually agreed with you on. Too bad it is the exact opposite of the way you intended it. I still have yet to see you demostrate any love to any of the people that you routinely talk down to and about on here.
-
Pat Robertson calls for Chavez assasination
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 01:07 PM) You're so conflicted. Well, getting away from that left-leaning den of Admins and Mods is a step in the right direction. Well obviously that's why I had to quit
-
Pat Robertson calls for Chavez assasination
QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 01:03 PM) There ya go being ignorant again... :rolly That's because despite being a devout Christian, I hate Christians, and do everything I can to make their lives on Soxtalk miserable.