Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Fantasy Hockey
I'm in
-
Eric Zorn
I'd have to nickname this the "fathom" number.
-
Pat Robertson calls for Chavez assasination
QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:19 AM) Do Christians even respect this dips*** anymore? Which commandement is "thou shalt not kill?" #2? #4? Not a chance. I have noticed the simiarities between Robertson and Bin Laden though. Both seem to like to hi-jack their peaceful religions for things that aren't even there, by means that are expressly forbidden by their respective religions.
-
Inside 9-11
No I didn't... Got any details? Is it running again, if so when and where?
-
What's your mood?
Tons of stuff going on... House closing maybe in a week, working tons of OT at work to cover other people, baby stuff happening... But in a relatively good mood all things considered.
-
Doc tells woman to lose weight,
I was half expecting a discrimination lawsuit to be mentioned in there... :rolly
-
Google IM in the pipeline
http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/internet/08/2...reut/index.html
-
Gay parents must pay child support
One step closer to legal recognition of gay marriage http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/08/23/lesbian....s.ap/index.html
-
around the horn
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 11:10 PM) Is there any chance that you're not Brando? Too obvious. Not obvious at all... http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=839878
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 06:59 PM) Cool. Thanks a lot. They have always gotten their dogs at the Porter County Pound in Valpo. They have gotten 4 dogs there, and they all have been healthy, smart, and people friendly.
-
espn poll illinois 50 states in 50 days
QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 10:40 PM) You can visit a f***ing McDonalds in Azerbeijan. f***ING AZERBEIJAN! 6% of the f***ing world knows Azerbeijan is a f***ing country! The other 94% just don't think it should be
-
Pat Robertson calls for Chavez assasination
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/08/22/D8C595H80.html Someone needs to shoot Robertson... :rolly
-
Happy Birthday Rowand44
Happy Birthday Row
-
Steroid Announcement Friday?
QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 08:23 PM) LOL I was gonna ask, if it was someone that had already been banned...seems like it for sure. No newbie comes on and posts that rapidly. Trust me, you don't have to even look at anything to know Brando's posts
-
Steroid Announcement Friday?
QUOTE(Yeast Confection @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 08:02 PM) 2004 Red Sox are a disgrace. /Worst-kept secret in the MLB. Hi Brando /worst kept secret on Soxtalk
-
John LeClair signs with Pens
And my main man Andre Roy to protect them all...
-
Bristol article on Salvador Sanchez
QUOTE(uncle_sanchez @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 05:29 PM) Hey I ve seen this kid play all his life.. (Hense the name.) he has surprised even those who expected him to be where he is now.. I ll make a prediction that by 2007 he will be taking a trip to Southside Chitown in september or so. java script:emoticon(':gosox1:') smilie Welcome to Soxtalk
-
Our best pitcher right now is Contreras
QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 06:23 PM) For the first 2 months of the season Contreras was our Best Pitcher. The reason his record isn't very good is because he got NO RUN SUPPORT. He struggled a little bit in June however he has picked it up recently. If you were to tell someone that Jose would have an ERA in the low 4's by this time at the start of the season they would be jumping for joy. ^ Exactly. I am thrilled with what we have gotten out of Contreras. And actually as well as he has pitched, I still think he would be the perfect guy to use out of the pen for the playoffs. Give him long relief and maybe some set up work. Think about that arm without having to hold anything back, or to work hitters thinking of later ABs. He could go with his A stuff for the whole outing.
-
Our best pitcher right now is Contreras
QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 03:47 PM) Do you have any idea what the word trend means? Trend n. 1. The general direction in which something tends to move. 2. A general tendency or inclination. I said "If the trend continues, Mark might not even make the rotation. Let me spell this out for you in case you didn't get your G.E.D. yet. If Mark Beurhle continues to pitch poorly....there might actually be a chance, small I'll admit, that he wouldn't make the playoff rotation. I may be 'short sighted' but I am not an idiot like some people around here. So technically it was just a shortsighted inflamatory post... That makes it all better.
-
What were fighting for
Its a tough thing. The problem is if we let people have the right to choose, do we take it back if we don't like the results? I wish I knew what public support for an Islamic style government was like there.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 04:58 PM) Mike...seeing as how you live in Michigan City and you probably know your "hood" well, what is the Animal Shelter there like (if you have ever been to it)? We want to adopt another dog and the shelters near my are going dry. I am not quite sure to be honest. We have all cats, and have dealt almost always with Frieds cat shelter or with Dr Reed, a vet in Porter. My in-laws have always adopted dogs though and they get them somewhere in Porter County, and have had awesome luck. Let me ask my wife or them and get you some info.
-
Tulipbulb.com- The Top 10 tech busts
Heck I would nominate AOL-Time Warner as the biggest bust of the internet craze
-
Tulipbulb.com- The Top 10 tech busts
http://msn-cnet.com.com/4520-11136_1-62783...-1&tag=msn_home
-
I got fired today......
QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 02:29 PM) How long ago was this? You mentioned two things that I believe are illegal. One, an employer cannot legally make you stay past your scheduled time. If it says you are scheduled until 9PM then you can leave at 9PM or else they had better be paying you for the extra time. Two, you cannot legally work for more than 14 days (I think it's 14) in a row without a day off. I believe they just made this law in the past 5-10 years. And they get into HUGE trouble if he was under 18 at the time as the labor laws are way more strict.
-
Our best pitcher right now is Contreras
QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 02:03 PM) If the trend continues, Mark might not even make the rotation. He's been getting hit hard and has not had a solid outing in a while. I'm sure he will turn it around but you never know. Now I have heard it all.