Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Farakkan:Fox was right!
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/08/15/far...o.ap/index.html
-
Atlantis found?
Speaking of cool conspiracies, could Atlantis have been found???
-
Pods might go on the DL
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 02:18 PM) wow that guy got banned extremely fast, any reasoning? I'd bet he had been banned before... that's usually how that works.
-
Duhon will stay a Bull
Glad to hear Duhon will be back. I do still wish they would sign a 6'6" guard who can play defense.
-
Partial agreement on Iraqi constitution
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/08/15/...n.ap/index.html
-
We better keep Konerko, his numbers are just as...
BTW I will throw this out there from the Trib
-
We better keep Konerko, his numbers are just as...
Wow, comparing Pauly to Ramirez? I don't think there is a clean up hitter in all of baseball that is nearly as clutch as Manny. Manny is also making $20 million a year, and not $8.75 million. I don't think there are many you can compare Manny to as a hitter, as there are few in the game even in his ballpark, let alone as a peer.+
-
Harry Potter
QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 01:15 PM) After much procrastination, I borrowed the first three books from my mom. I am now mid way through the third. At first, I liked it, but couldn't understand the obsession. Now while on book three, I understand it and am hooked. I know as soon as I am done with #3 I am heading over the rest that she has. My brother bought her the newest one for her birthday which I will borrow as soon as she is done with it. Anyone else read these? What were your thoughts on the series? Has anyone seen the movie(s) - not sure how many of the books have been made into movies? I plan on renting one over the weekend. My wife is totally hooked, she swears book #4 is the best one, so it should even worse for you...
-
We better keep Konerko, his numbers are just as...
QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 12:55 PM) hmmmmm, lets think way way back, to the good ole days of 2005, in fact it was August 10th, 2005. Paul Konerko wound up, in the 9th inning against Alan Embree and sent the pitch an estimated 450 feet into the Yankee monuments. It put the Sox up 2-0, in a game which they won 2-1, making it the game winning homerun. It was such a long time ago, you seem to have forgotten. 3 times in the last week or so, Paul Konerko supplied HRs that were the game winning margin.
-
How confident are you that man walked on the moon?
I Conspiracy Theory
-
So you think gas prices suck?
QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 12:31 PM) My jaw dropped on Sat when a fricking Citgo was up to $2.70. ANy of you people who know about this stuff see any relief in the near future? Are they ever gonna go down or is this just a sign of the times? Gas will stay here for a while... They might drop off as demand ebbs for the winter, but with the market fundimentals the way that they are, I can't see crude going under $50 a barrel, especially since we are one terrorist attack away from panic.
-
So you think gas prices suck?
http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/global_gasprices/
-
We better keep Konerko, his numbers are just as...
QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 10:36 AM) Konerko is a COMPLETELY one-dimensional player, and next year he will probably be an extremely overpaid one JUST because of home run totals. Any ground ball is an insta-double play. He constantly clogs up the basepaths for the hitters behind him. He's serviceable, but not remarkable defensively. He's streaky to a maddening extent, and much, much worse with runners in scoring position/in clutch situations. Do you ever remember Konerko hitting a game winning homer or hit? I can't in recent memory but it's early monday morning so maybe I'm just wrong. In his early-mid 20s, he was consistently a .290-.300 hitter with 25-30 homers. For the last three seasons, he hasn't cracked .280, and .277 in '04 seems like the top of his threshold since he's turned into a pure slugger. Except for maybe 5-10 extra home runs and maybe 10-15 RBIs AT BEST, what are you getting out of Konerko that you couldn't get out of literally ANY other major league first baseman? I appreciate everything he has done in the past several seasons, but we could get a first baseman that could hit 20-30 home runs and have 80-90 RBIs for much, much less and go out and get even more help with the extra cash. LMFAO, 40 Hrs and 110 RBis is "serviceable". You do realize that there are only about 10-15 guys in all of baseball who will put up these numbers now right?
-
The Continuing Decline & Fall of Mark Buehrle
QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 11:49 AM) um...wow WHarris1 is back? That might be the most intelligent thing I have seen in this whole thead
-
Core of the Core - 8/12 Update
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 11:23 AM) I already have tix for the game, otherwise I wouldve ordered. You can just order the patio party, without a game ticket.
-
So I bought a dog.
Cute little puppy
-
The Faces Behind Soxtalk
Me and a not so happy Pods
-
Interesting names that have cleared waivers..
QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 09:54 AM) There's nothing to spin. The numbers don't lie. People on the other hand often tend to exagerate. It's human nature Or they just plain make stuff up...
-
Harris in LF?
QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 10:11 AM) Also, as someone mentioned earlier: If Pods did get hurt before the ASB, and we knew it was likely that we'd DL him sometime in the 2nd half of the season, why not either A) get Willie playing time in the minors in LF or B) acquire a back-up outfielder? Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel this Twins series is actually very important. If we go out and get swept by them, then we give the Twins a lot of momentum and confidence that they're still in this race. This is a second injury for Pods. It isn't the same one he had originally.
-
Interesting names that have cleared waivers..
QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 09:09 AM) Most? The numbers don't even come close. The Philips thread indicates every team can request ML waivers on as many as 7 players per business day. There was plenty of time for both the Mets & NYY$ to request ML waivers on most of their players prior to the Newsday column being written. But that clearly wasn't the case. It wasn't even 1/2. Breakdown of "waiver" occurences in MLB transaction logs from Aug 2005-Aug 2004: 2005 Aug 6 Jul 7 Jun 13 May 10 Apr 13 Mar 13 Feb 3 Jan 2 2004 Dec 8 Nov 5 Oct 16 Sep 12 Aug 11 Notes: All OR & UR waiver action is recorded. This includes players clearing waivers for outright assignments or unconditional release. I think this is a case where non mathematician people related to baseball are just talking off the top of their head w/out looking at the numbers. :rolly Likewise I think it would be rare to even find one month where 20 or more transactions are related to waivers. Let me guess, it depends on what your definition of "is" is, right Bill? Keep on spinning things until you can figure out a way to be right in your own head. In the meantime, everyone else knows the truth. Anymore the replies are just hilarious.
-
Dem moves across the aisle
http://washtimes.com/national/20050814-115425-7424r.htm Actually a lot of interesting stuff in here. One other thing was Howard Dean saying that women are going to be worse off in Iraq without Saddam Hussein.
-
US donates $52 million to African Famine relief
If someone could edit the thread title that would be great... it should have been $52 million.
-
Harris in LF?
QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:28 AM) One of your better posts, can't believe I'm saying this. Willie Harris in LF? This is ridiculous. The problem is we have run through all of our other options. Rowand and Dye will obviously be starting. Everett is hurt and can't play LF right now, Pods is going on the DL and isn't going to play. So now we are down to our 5th OFer. Usually you would be looking at Ross Gload, but his shoulder hasn't been healed enough to the point where he can play LF everyday, or he would be up here. So that brings us to our 6th OFer which would either be Timo or Ozuna. Timo can't lead off, and Ozuna has looked horrible in the OF, which makes us onto OFer #8, which brings us to Wee Willie Harris. Granted Willie Harris isn't a great option, but when it gets to the point at looking at the 8th outfielder in a team's system, how many teams have something better? Yeah it sucks to have Willie Harris in the OF, but to make it out like something is wrong with the team is a bit shortsighted. When you are down to your 8th option in the outfield, you aren't going to be smelling like roses.
-
US donates $52 million to African Famine relief
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/africa/08/15...reut/index.html Not too much, especially when the UN is still looking for another $212 million. I would be curious what the rest of the world has pledged if anyone else has seen that.
-
Fantasy Hockey
Hey DBAH0, when you get a chance, could you move this to the Fantasy Sports board? And for everyone else, we can call this the interest thread... In otherwords who all is interested in playing Fantasy Hockey on Yahoo????