Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Sun Times Article
QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 12:21 PM) I understand your point, but I just can't see Ozzie straying from our typical 25 man roster this season if we make the playoffs. He's a very loyal manager, and I don't believe he'd not include someone like Timo or Ozuna or Vizcaino on the postseason roster. And he probably won't change his roster, but it is good planning to give yourself options. Plus the Sox have a history that saids they are not afraid to change their roster for the post season. Personally I could see guys like Baj, Burke, Anderson, Borchard, Munoz, and/or McCarthy getting an early call as insurance policies.
-
Sun Times Article
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 12:20 PM) Great article it proves my continuing statements of Marte being the worst arm out of the bullpen Vizcaino's ERA over his last 19 outings is 0.92 (two earned runs in 192/3 inning Marte has a 5.14 ERA (four earned runs in seven innings) over his last 10 outings. He is 3-for-7 in save opportunities. Saves for a non-closer is a worthless and misleading stat. As a set up guy, you never get the chance to save games, only to blow saves, so your numbers always look awful.
-
Sun Times Article
QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 12:16 PM) Why put them on the DL? With the expanded rosters, that wouldn't benefit us very much. The division won't be clinched by the end of August, so I don't think there's a chance we take our foot off the accelerator so soon. It gives us a chance to get somemore guys post season eliglible if we need them. It probably won't be necesary, but it could be useful once we know what our particular match up will be.
-
Ah, I remember when...
QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 12:08 PM) Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled with winning 2 out of 3 against the Yankees (especially considering every game could have easily, easily been won by either team in this series). A prolonged slump is basically the only way we won't make the playoffs. Sure, it would be nice if the Indians lost against this season! However, we need to start getting better offensive production, no doubt about it. Personally I would love to see the Indians in the playoffs, as that means at least one of the Yankees, Red Sox, Angels, and A's are staying home, and I have no fear of the Indians as a playoff team.
-
Sun Times Article
QUOTE(HSC's Biggest Fan @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 12:04 PM) He'll go on the DL about Aug 30. Atkins is not getting the work to start the doubleheader in Texas McCarthy can come up and start and give us a 6 man rotation for September. This is pretty much my line of thought on the matter. We might see DL time for Pods, Crede, Everett, and/or Hermanson in late August and September.
-
Bidding On Concert Tickets
QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 12:05 PM) Hmmm.....got this from whitesox.com today: WHITE SOX TICKETING alert // August 10, 2005 WHITE SOX/YANKEES SERIES TICKET AUCTION ================================================================= Place your bid now on a variety of ticket packages for the highly anticipated White Sox vs. Yankees series, taking place August 19-21 at U.S. Cellular Field. Bid on United Scout Seat packages as well as Club Level, Box and Bleacher seats for all three games! Bidding ends on Wednesday, August 17 at 3 p.m. CT. ....me no likey.... I don't know why they don't say it, but revenues over face price go to chisox charities.
-
Nightengale's Griffey/ Sox update
QUOTE(quickman @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 11:57 AM) beck why must the payroll be the same next year, why won't payroll be more next year? Makes sense, we will draw 2.3 million fans this year plus playoff revenue. I think we will add to payroll not keep it the same. The Sox have shown a history where they directly link their payroll to their attendance revenues. Just from an amatuer observation based on this years attendance trends, we should be looking at a payroll of at least $90 million next year. If the Sox can somehow make it to, or win, the World Series, we should be around $100 million.
-
Nightengale's Griffey/ Sox update
Oh Juggs.... Google can be a wonderful thing. This is a Stark column from last year. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/stor...yson&id=1860265 Here are some highlights And this article http://kmbumb.people.wm.edu/roster/glossary.html
-
Podsednik
QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 11:08 AM) 4 for 12, in such a short stretch, is almost unheard of in terms of stealing bases. So is 22 in a row, and 17 in a row at 3rd.
-
Shingo has a new lease on life
Personally I am glad we won't be seeing Shingo! Good luck big guy!!!
-
"I Hate the White Sox" on Salon.com
QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 11:08 AM) She's good at what she does. In fact, I enjoy her pain! And I would like to keep feeling it for years to come Actually I would like to take this chance to issue a challenge to those who think Bat-girl is somekind of a no-talent clown. I want any of your to start your own blog, post the link here, and out do her. I want to see something original and funny, just like she does. If anyone of you can come up with something better, I will accept you talking bad about her abilities. Until then, this is your official challenge to put up or shut up.
-
Any Sci-Fi Channel fans and Comcast slaves?
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 10:27 AM) What's wrong with Comcast again? /runs and tells everyone at work Seriously, although I'm not in the Chicago market, that is the single biggest complaint there is from what I've seen here - when the local systems change their channel lineups. People HATE change. You can upgrade for not that much more then you're paying now, in all likelyhood. If you're unhappy, complain to the right people. It might or might not make a difference, but it sure doesn't hurt to try. So are you "the right person"?
-
**Official 2005 High School Football Thread**
QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 12:33 PM) I didn't care about my high school's team when i was there, certainly don't give a damn now. oh well. ^^^ I went to zero football games when I was in High School, and I have no interest in going to any now.
-
MVP Baseball 2005
So how do you actually get a bunt down??? Can someone explain the stickwork in detail? I can't do it to save my life.
-
New Al Qaeda threats
There are now warnings of another attack on September 11th http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/12/national...agewanted=print
-
in todays' Red Eye
QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 06:02 PM) Its given away free every morning at El stations. Also Im glad that the readers of these boards enjoy the Economist on salmon paper, but I do enough reading that at 6:30 am I just want to know the facts. SB Hey what's wrong with the Economist [adjusts bowtie]
-
Help! Can not access site at home???
QUOTE(S720 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 08:01 AM) Thanks for all of your help guys. I'm using IE, and nothing has been changed from few days ago when I was still able to access the site. Don't know what's going on? Who should I email my IP address to so that it can be physically excluded out of the banned list? Secondly, when a person is banned, does the IP address or the member name get banned? It has been kind of frustrated not being able to access the chatting during the games! Send Heads22 or Chisoxfn your work IP, they can help you from there.
-
August Posts of the Month
From Juggs homosexuality thread... QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 08:15 AM) Don't worry. We don't think of you as normal either. I did note, however, that Ozzie did at least show some restraint by not saying, 'Here, this is my friend. He's a COFFEE TABLE LICKER!! QUOTE(winodj @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 08:49 AM) That's more like it. Although, I am taking steps to work that issue out. It's a four leg program.
-
Is homosexuality normal?
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 08:15 AM) Don't worry. We don't think of you as normal either. I did note, however, that Ozzie did at least show some restraint by not saying, 'Here, this is my friend. He's a COFFEE TABLE LICKER!! QUOTE(winodj @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 08:49 AM) That's more like it. Although, I am taking steps to work that issue out. It's a four leg program. Close this thread now, because it doesn't get any better than this.
-
Happy Birthday Kermit
It isn't easy being green
-
"I Hate the White Sox" on Salon.com
QUOTE(sti3 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 10:47 PM) I appreciate her passion but find her writing cutesy/precious/whathaveyou. I think her legions of adorers are taken in by the fact that she's a woman fan. If she were a guy writing what she does she'd be ignored. I spend all day reading news and sports on the net, and I can tell you there are very, very few people; male, female, or otherwise, who can write this well.
-
Mike Cameron
Get well Soon Cam!!!
-
Greatest Songwriter(s) of All- Time?
Lennon/McCartney [/thread]
-
hypothetical question
I guarentee you that the Sox will try to kick Cleveland's asses no matter what the situation or ramifications. This team has no fear of Oakland or anyone else, as well it should be. To be honest it would be a travesty to every fan who pays to see those games, if they rolled over. It would piss me off as a baseball fan. Resting starters or pitching minor leaguers to set the rotation for the post season is one thing, losing on purpose, or even not trying to hard is another.
-
WE FINALLY HAVE A HOME!!!!
QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 11:01 AM) No, the NICE thing is that you'll still be an hour and a half away by train..... Don't worry, when that restraining order expires, I will be right back in your bushes