Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
We are Stuck With Willie&Timo
QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 09:47 AM) C'mon, nobody is really surprised by this, are you? Somebody clearly doesn't like Gload. That, or he really keeps to himself and neither hurts nor adds to the chemistry. Perhaps they're going to trade Willie at some point soon? Those are the only reasons I can come up with. It was said months ago that Gload probably wouldn't be able to play the OF all year because of his shoulder problems. Ozzie has also said that he wants someone who can play the OF. And after watching Dye serve as a decent backup in limited action, it made sense that Gload really wasn't needed.
-
7/14 Games
Kevin Walker sure didn't miss a beat... In the left handed relief depth charts we have got to be looking at this... Arnie Munoz Kevin Walker Jim Bullard
-
TRADE THREAD III ~July 9 - July 15
QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 07:47 AM) If there's one player I'm sure wasn't on the roids, it's Mike Lowell. With his cancer history, I highly doubt he'd be willing to jeopardize his health by taking steroids. Then again the cause and effect could be backwards too. Roids don't exactly do too much for your immunity system. Plus when you factor in that you are basically taking testostarone, and many of the hormone replacement theropies have been shown to cause cancer, I could see it.
-
7/14/05 - White Sox @ Indians Game Thread
QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 10:08 AM) We're staring 4L right in the face. I get to play the roll of the guy who comes by after you get jumped and beat up, and search your pockets to see what is left in them by bumping this
-
Jerry's "Thank You" to the Fans...
QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 08:37 AM) Anyone remember where the Sox were heading to if DeBartolo bought the team? Denver
-
Hi I'm New Here Too . . .
Who the hell told him how to get in here?
-
Sox activate Marte
Holy s*** did Marte look good last night. No one had a chance last night in the batters box. Everything had tons of movement, and he had plenty of velocity. Let's hope it lasts.
-
Jerry's "Thank You" to the Fans...
QUOTE(Y2HH @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 08:05 AM) Yes. Put down the kool-aid. F him for 1994. F him for White FLAG in 1997. F him for adding ONLY 25M in payroll bringing us to a staggering 75M which is LOW for a big market team in a big city. It clearly shows fans will show up if we win. So spend 100M like every other major team. As I said before...the Tigers are headed to 100M+...if you really think we can compete with them with a 75M payroll in the years to come, you're about to see the Tiglets win a bunch of division titles. We need to spend...this isn't 1985 anymore... And no, I'm not congratulating him for spending more money because it's nowhere near enough for the market he's in. It's about 20M shy of what it should be. Just remember NOBODY thought this team would be this good. NOBODY. So, to reiterate what I said, this team was build/designed DESPITE Reinsdorf giving us only 75M dollars. Oh, and this team will EASILY eclipse 75M next season...more free agents, more payraises, etc...and if we aquire someone like Burnett we have to sign that guy, too...which is even MORE. That's why I said I reserve the right to take back these comments depending on the trades we make and the moves/payroll we add in the offseason. I always leave room to IMPROVE...but the improvements I've seen thus far from Jerry are lagging behind the rest of the league. Riddle me this, would you rather than Cuban owning this team, or Reinsdorf?! Enough said. Cuban would have this team at 120M already, and we'd be considered an elite team EVERY year, not just one single year like this one. :P Its easy to say that we are a major market blah, blah, blah. We you compare us to Detroit, you leave out one easy fact, the Tigers aren't sharing a market with anyone. They have an entire city to themselves, not to mention basically the entire state of Michigan. Even if you wanted to assume that the Sox split Chicago (ha-ha) we would only be talking about less than what the Tigers have exclusive rights to. Keep in mind of all of the dual market cities, Chicago is the smallest. They also have the lowest ticket prices and the lowest attendance levels. It takes a halfprice night to get people to games here, while people pay $50 a ticket in New York for the samething... Gee I wonder why our payroll is lower? Hell the Cubs have a season sold out before they ever take the field, have way higher ticket prices, and still have a payroll barely at what you are talking about. You are being irrational to expect us to have a payroll like that with the ticket prices and attendance that the Sox have.
-
John Garland & Paul Konerko
QUOTE(Wedge @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 04:37 PM) Konerko is beyond arbitration, I believe. However, if he left, I believe we could get a sandwich pick. A player is never beyond arbitration. Maddux took the Braves offer to go to arbit his last year there, which shocked the Braves to death, he ended up getting something like $18 million that year.
-
Hi, I'm new!
Welcome to Soxtalk
-
We are Stuck With Willie&Timo
QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 11:43 PM) Here's my last thought on this issue: We have two players on our team that can play a competent 3rd base in Crede and Uribe. Ozzie has shown no desire to move Uribe to 3rd base, and let Ozuna play SS. Thus, when you have a guy with a back injury like Crede that likely won't completely heal this season, it's imperative you have a competent back-up at the position to give Crede a rest. Why would you move your starting shortstop to a position he hasn't played all year and weaken the defense at two positions instead of one?
-
Jerry's "Thank You" to the Fans...
QUOTE(cubbiesuck13 @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 07:38 AM) You forgot to F him for 97. F him for MJ. F him for Phil Jackson as well but we were just talking baseball. I digress. I am still waiting on that 1st class organization that he promised. You going to F him to for adding $25 million in payroll over the last two seasons dispite a minimal change in attendance? Or F him too for giving KW the pocketbook to add players this year? Or F him for getting the Bulls six world titles? Or F him for getting the Sox to the playoffs 3 times in 17 years, better than any owner since the 1900-1910's?
- Are you a seeder?
-
Supreme Court Decision on Property Rights
QUOTE(winodj @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 03:31 PM) The communism line - a little too Dennis Methenyish for my tastes. Otherwise, nice letter. I like the attention-gettingness of the line, but I kinda was thinking the samething.
-
Supreme Court Decision on Property Rights
I added a couple more paragraphs to make the letter finish a little better.
-
Discovery Countdown has begun!!!
A Sunday launch probably won't happen either.... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8569277/
-
7/14/05 - White Sox @ Indians Game Thread
QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 02:54 PM) Yeah, why hasn't it happened yet? And who's that in your avator having adjustment issues? My guess is that the legwork has been done, and they will announce it before the game tonight. We should see Marte tonight too, but might want to keep Walker one more day just in case to use if there is a blow out and Contreras gets knocked out early again.
-
July 2005 Posts of the Month
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 02:48 PM) Yes, I've finally made this thread. You all suck at kissing the owners ass too. What is up with me actually having to say something funny to get into this thread. You all should bow down and worship my every post. Pftt. If you didn't need us to do all of your legwork, we might be worried
-
A-Rod ready to play for Dominican Republic
QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 02:46 PM) Well they all live here now. Arod still lives here. If he moved to the DR during the off season , then fine it would not upset me as much. He likes all of america's luxuries , but won't play for us? I just took it in different way, sorry. When I read that he did not want to represent us, it made my stomach turn. I didn't take it that negatively. It just seems like he wants to play for the DR more.
-
Going To Cleveland
BTW... one thing I learned about Cleveland. Do NOT Jaywalk. You will get a ticket. I watched a guy get written a ticket while absolutely stunned because he ran accross a street that the cops had blocked to traffic.
-
Thread Split-Random Baby talk
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 02:36 PM) They went for Jason if its a boy...and well, since the name is so great...Jason if its a girl Was that on the Soxtalk Fantasy Experiences list? You had to pay us for that like $10,000 to suffer through it IIRC
-
A-Rod ready to play for Dominican Republic
QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 01:27 PM) When will AROD understand that it is the American people who pay his 252 million dollar contract. He was born here, most of his fans are here, he gets paid here, he lives here. If you love the Dominican so much f***ING LIVE THERE! :fyou YOU can't pick and choose when you want to be American ,asshole. f*** Arod I hope the USA takes it all People do it all of the time. How many forgien kids come here to school and train, and then run for the USA in the olympics? Heck our own manager just got his US citizenship. I don't think it is that big of a deal.
-
Magglio who?
QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 02:21 PM) It would still be asinine. Assinine... but Ozzie. You know backing down isn't exactly in his vocabulary.
-
Thread Split-Random Baby talk
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 02:09 PM) I see you wasted no time in making this new thread a sick thread as well. As for baby names, SS, how about something like 'Blackout' or 'SoxTalksDown'... I mean, that's gottt be how you found the time to conceive in the first place, right? LMAO!!! I tried for Shingo for a name, but she didn't go for it... I wonder why???
-
Thread Split-Random Baby talk
QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 01:51 PM) So how far along is the decorating? Theme picked out? I know you've been furniture shopping. Have baby clothes been added to the soxtalk boutique? We still are stressing about finding a house... Don't you read my blog???