Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. We need to have a contest to get DJ a home run call. Actually I think I am going to email Hawk and see what he thinks of DJs home run call, that could be pretty funny.
  2. QUOTE(The Critic @ May 2, 2005 -> 03:49 AM) ...also, judging by the players who've tested positive so far, MLB needs to start testing power hitters and players who start on a regular basis.... No green needed there. 4 players have been suspended, and I think 3 of them were already back in the minors. That is a joke.
  3. It all depends on if Frank is back and hitting, and how injuries look.
  4. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 2, 2005 -> 08:39 AM) That was like my third or fourth error of the day, it hasn't been a good one at all on that regard. Right now with Owens, if he continues hitting the way he does, when do you promote him to Charlotte, if that's what you decide to do, and who do you demote? Maybe it's time to get rid of Borch to make room for him, although they'll probably consider sending down someone like Mike Spidale first. I get the feeling Borch could be involved in a deadline deal. Especially if a bottom of the barrel team is who we deal with.
  5. QUOTE(bullfan @ May 1, 2005 -> 11:19 PM) He doesn't have internet access right now, but he is ok. He is coming off the DL on Tuesday and will be making his scheduled start on Wednesday. I forgot about the 7 day DL in the minors... If you see Jim, send him Soxtalk's well wishes!
  6. QUOTE(Capn12 @ May 1, 2005 -> 11:43 PM) Lets not overlook 1 HUGE fact from this years pitching staff: AJ Pierzinski and Chris Widger Our 2 backstops have done a helluva good job in calling these games for us so far. I was one of the folks that wanted to see Olivo in a Sox uni for a long time, but lets be honest here. Olivo and pitchers confidence didn't seem to go together often. AJ and Widger have been EXCELLENT additions to this 2005 squad. While alot of the credit goes to Garland for finally going after hitters, trusting the defense behind him.....the 2 catchers deserve an awful lot of credit themselves. Beautiful post. That is the one constant between all the pitching staff.
  7. I don't know that I would have qualified as a lover of Jon, but I definately always thought the best was still to come. All though I will admit it has been a long time since I thought Jon could be this good. But honestly with all of the posts I have I can't believe I didn't make either list
  8. Another incredible preformance by Jon. He has just been awesome this year. Could this be the Jon we have waited 5 years for? Could it be the people who said wait, he is still young were right? Could everyone have just been impatient?
  9. And this is mostly due to the top of the order getting on, getting over, and getting in. Good job, and a great testiment to the work that Pods and Tad have done at the top of the order.
  10. Back on topic... Lopez looked really relaxed today, and didn't try to do too much. He showed great range, and a really impressive arm too. This kid could be something in a couple of years.
  11. Finally a good attendance thread.
  12. QUOTE(The Critic @ May 1, 2005 -> 02:35 PM) You mean, The Land Of The Banned? BTW, I just Googled "White Sox message boards" and Soxtalk was the first entry for me.... Back on topic, it must be nice to let a message board write your article for you.....lazy ass Couch..... He probably picked that one up from his fellow employee, Kotex-boy.
  13. QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 1, 2005 -> 02:06 PM) Rooney said Uribe is probably in need of another two days of rest and that he is not sure whether or not Ozuna is available. Dye still has flu-like symptoms, so really our only bench player at this point is AJP. So hopefully Tuesday we will be at "full" strength. Geesh.
  14. I totally forgot about Ichiro. I don't think anyone singlehandedly wreaks such havoc on a pitcher in all of baseball.
  15. QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 1, 2005 -> 01:56 PM) Ozzie just said on the manager's show with John Rooney that Willie Harris is out today due to a personal problem and may miss a few days. Wow, I hope everything is OK. Has there been any word on the statuses of Ozuna and Uribe?
  16. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 1, 2005 -> 01:21 PM) Lineups in, not pretty: lf podsednik 2b iguchi dh everett 1b konerko cf rowand rf perez 3b crede c widger ss lopez No big surprises though... Hopefully Lopez looks better than he did in the spring.
  17. He is doing much better now... http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33002
  18. From MinnesotaSoxfan's prom thread QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 1, 2005 -> 07:44 AM) You didn't get laid? You suck. And Tex's reply
  19. http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=1...WNPI&refer=home
  20. QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 1, 2005 -> 01:45 AM) Surprised no thread has yet to surface on Wood(s) latest injury. He will be reevaluated Monday in Chicago. But hey, regardless of any potential DL stinct, atleast he struck out 6 hitters yesterday. That's all that matters. Once again... he will be on the DL by Memorial Day.
  21. 20 hrs, 20 Sbs and .300 average in one player.
  22. southsider2k5 replied to Soxfest's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE(Big Hurtin @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 11:36 PM) Hi, new here. Anyway, there is something that I haven't seen discussed in regards to the success of the pitching staff. That's the addition of Pierzynski. I remember reading an article early in the season where Ozzie said how no one wanted to pitch to Olivo. Is it possible that A.J. has worked with the pitchers better than the catchers last year? I would swear that AJ IS the difference in Contreras. I don't think Olivo, Davis, or Burke had the balls to make Jose throw his fastball. I have seen AJ go out to the mound after Jose waves off a couple of signs more than a few times. I really believe he is going out there to TELL him to feature the fastball. And so far it has worked very well.
  23. QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 11:45 PM) I heard an interview with Mark just after 11 o'clock. Mark's a funny guy. He gave up 33 dingers last year and only 2 so far this year and they asked him why. His response: "I haven't pitched much at home." They talked a little about a kangaroo court. Mark said that he got fined for not getting fined. He said they didn't have one last year and he implied that this would help in the clubhouse this year. And the thing is, something like this only works if the guys like each other. This is another good sign of peace and harmony in the clubhouse.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.