Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
11 states voted down gay marriage
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041103/D864CHC00.html
-
Election Night is here...
The Dow likes the election results so far too. It is up 160 points 15 minutes into the trading day.
-
Soxtalk Alleyball thread
OMG Chris Mihm 23 and 12 I hope he keeps it up, he will be the steal of the draft.
-
SOX to open at home, finally!!!!
Its all a part of my super secret plan bwaahahahahaha.... Oh wait did I say that outloud? I mean, it must be since you are such an outstanding poster... Critic
-
The winner of this bout............
The voice of wisdom I agree totally. This country needs to be rebuild and reunited. Gloating and going off of the deepend are counterproductive.
-
SOX to open at home, finally!!!!
Sing it. I always wondered why people want to sit at Comiskey on April 1st. I would much rather wait the extra week or two if possible.
-
Sox to play Rockies for the first time in 2005
Each
-
So my side lost...
And on the bright side, being gay is the quickest way out of the military
-
Election Night is here...
I am so buying stock in Reynolds Wrap today. You are going to need a lot more aluminum foil to make your tin foil hats for the next four years.
-
Election Night is here...
Brian Williams gave the number that 87% of people approved of the way the federal government responded to the hurricanes in FL. They were saying that the hurricanes were basically a stroke of luck for Bush, as sad as that is.
-
Election Night is here...
More than likely 1.199 million people pulled the lever straight republican. Keyes voted for himself.
-
Election Night is here...
Actually checks and balances IS working against the Patriot Act. Many of the controversial provisions are working their way through the courts right now. As a matter of a fact many things in the PA have been struck down already. The system DOES work, it just takes a while once the courts and lawyers get involved.
-
Election Night is here...
Good question. Even as a registered Republician, if the Democrats had put a canditate out there that gave me reason to believe in him, instead of fearing Bush, I would have voted for him. I honestly believe that was Kerry's downfall. Heck look no further than Bill Clinton dispite everything he did, everyone still believed in him.
-
Election Night is here...
Good post Spiffy. Outside of a couple silly things, this might be the longest thread in Soxtalk history, that didn't involve either a game thread or one ugly arguement. You guys were awesome
-
Election Night is here...
All you HAVE to do is to register for selective services. You don't have to register for anything else. What they are telling you is BS.
-
So my side lost...
I have a ton of respect for you. Seriously. If our political system handled itself with half the class that you have, we wouldn't have near the amount of BS that exsists today.
-
Election Night is here...
Oregon goes to Kerry. Once again, no surprise.
-
Election Night is here...
All righty guys, I have to get some sleep. Good night all.
- Election Night is here...
-
Election Night is here...
He has actually said he would add two active divisions to the ten that currently exsist. Which the thing that blew my mind is the rumors that Bush would reinstitute the draft, when he isn't even the one talking about adding troops.
-
Election Night is here...
So as of now MSNBC has it as 207-199 for Bush. Add in FL and OH, and that makes it 254 for Bush. That means he would only need 16 EVs to wrap things up.
-
Election Night is here...
Melissa Bean is projected to beat Phil Crane in IL.
-
Election Night is here...
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/res....000.html#39035 52% according to CNN which still has Bush up by 4% or 130,000 votes with 68% of the states precincts reporting.
-
Election Night is here...
There have been very little reports of fraud in FL. Everything I have heard is that the big problems have been in Ohio and PA. The only big thing is FL is that absentee ballots in Miami might not be counted until Thursday or Friday, which would only help Bush.
-
Election Night is here...
If Bush does indeed get FL and OH that gives him 250 EVs. That means all he needs is 20 votes out of NM, NV, IA, MN, WI, MI, AZ, OR, NH, MT, WA, CO.