Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Matt Ginter
Amen. Matt did his job and never b****ed. Go Matt!
-
Tanyon Sturtze
Wow, are the Yankees that desparate for pitching? Excellent.
- Jose Vidro
-
LMAO...
That is hilarious
-
Wahahahaha!
I am sorta looking forward to Day After Tommorrow. The idea looks pretty good, I am just afraid that it will get really cheesey. I think the next movie that I am going to see will be the 3rd Harry Potter with the wifey.
-
Do we owe Hawkaroo
Willie has totally out played our other two former options in Robbie and D'Angelo. I would have never expected him to get over .300, and his patience and ability to work a count have shocked me. The guy seems to get down 0-2 a lot, but always seems to be able to battle back to 3-2 very routinely.
-
Post your questions for Neal Cotts!
What was your reaction the first time someone ripped into you based on a bad preformance? Do you pay attention the media and do you take that stuff to heart?
-
Who is the best baseball announcer???
Joe Morgan bugs me because the guy never did anything wrong in his career. Sure DJ and Hawk talk a lot about the good things they did, but you also hear about the errors they made, the strikeouts they had, the pitchers they couldn't hit etc. Last I looked Morgan didn't hit 1.000
-
Bullpen poll
No one talks about Adkins for a good reason. He has been in one pressure situation this year, and imploded Koch-style doing it. He has been great in mop up situations, like his 4 1/3 scoreless innings protecting 11 and 15 runs leads. To me Shingo has been untouchable since the openning outing at NYY.
-
Jose had two errors today
And this is the essence of Jose in the field. Jose is one of the few guys on the team who is thinking baseball the whole time he is in the field. As he is going to make a play, he is already making the play in his head. He is already thinking- so and so is at first base, if I backhand this, I can still make a quick turn to 2nd to get him... etc. You can tell because you never see him make a wrong play. His mistakes are almost always trying to do things too quickly. Pulling his glove up before the ball is there, trying to take the ball out of his mitt, before it is in the pocket, etc. Because of his mental approach to the game, these are the kind of mistakes he is going make, it is the nature of the beast. But I would rather have a field full of guys with this mental approach, than the Carlos Lee, wave to the crowd, take off your mitt and look around in between pitches approach. The reasons Jose's errors don't cost us the way that other players do, is because Jose always knows what to do with the ball, before anything ever happens. Not many other players on our team can say that.
-
Guess who leads the league in quality starts?
We'd be playing musical chairs in RF then, without one Magglio Ordonez.
-
The Continuing Decline & Fall of Mark Buehrle
And now we have today's response by the Buehrle detractors... *crickets* *tumbleweeds* *blackhole*
-
my dinner tonight
Too bad you missed Sundays game. I am pretty sure we were sitting in your section.
-
Shuf just joined the 2000 post club
Sigh, I remember when I had two thousand posts... oh wait, no I don't.
-
New Yorker: Rummy approved prisoner abuse
The question becomes can the connect this to GW?
-
Jose Vidro
I wonder if this means there is a deal close to move and sell this team?
-
Wolves are Gawn?!?
And they still managed to play a month longer than the "major" league team in this town. To the Wolves
-
Guillen post game quotes
At least he isn't going to stand idly by while this happens. Today's line up ought to be real interesting.
-
New Yorker: Rummy approved prisoner abuse
If there is any bit of truth, prosecute him. Period. Throw the book at him. And charge him with perjury while you are at it.
-
A LH bat for the Sox
Well IMO we have a great option of a LH bat, that could do a lot towards balancing the line up. I would call up Reed and sit Rowand. Move Val down to the 5 hole behind Frank, move Carlos up to the 2 hole. Let Pauly hit 6th, Reed 7th, Crede 8th and the catcher 9th.
-
We need left handed batters
There is no doubt that Crede, Konerko, Lee is the worst possible combo of hitters in the line up right now. It is the same hitter 3 times in a row. We need to break that up somehow. Whether it is to move Lee to the #2 spot or bench one of them, or something, I don't much care. But all 3 of them are getting pitched away and trying to pull the ball. That is why everything is a pop up or weak ground out. You have to go with the pitch!
-
silva,toughest of the three starters this series??
Silva is 5-0 this year, and 13-1 lifetime in the majors
-
ss2k4
Damn dude, I don't know where you found that pic, but the brown building on the right is where I worked for a few years, and the far right building is where I work now. Killer work!!!!
-
SS's Avs and Sigs
Retiring the Cheat
-
Game Thread for 5/15 against the Twinks
1-2-3 4th for ELo no score after 3 1/2 innings on the southside