Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chw42

Members

Everything posted by chw42

  1. Looks like the Padres will clinch the top NL WC spot, so I think they'll get the late games. Red Sox and Yankees are locked into the 6 PM slot. If it's Phillies vs. Braves I think they will get the 12 PM slot and we'll end up in the 3 PM slot. If it's Diamondbacks vs. Braves, I can see that getting the 3 PM slot.
  2. FWIW, FanGraphs has our odds of making the LDS at 45.5%.
  3. Potential starters for the Astros/Rangers Astros Game 1: Lambert Game 2: Brown Game 3: Wesneski Rangers Game 1: Rocker Game 2: deGrom Game 3: Eovaldi
  4. Yeah, it just hurts knowing one play could have won us the division.
  5. I don't think we're getting the night games. Most likely the 1 PM games is my guess. Yankees and Red Sox will get the 7 PM slot. Padres will get the late game if they are hosting the Cubs. If the Cubs host, then I bet they get the 3 PM slot.
  6. They've been having him pitch shorter outings recently. I don't know if you can trust him to go 3 innings.
  7. Smith is definitely more lock down as a closer. He's just much more consistent. Taylor still has days where his control or stuff aren't there.
  8. So who the hell pitches on Tuesday? Burke is on full rest for game 2. Martin barely pitched today and could possibly go for game 1, but do you want him to? Fedde is the other option, but do you really want a guy who needs an opener and shouldn't face a lineup 3 times to be your game 1 starter? I don't think going with Sandlin is realistic since he doesn't even have 10 ML starts under his belt. Are we possibly looking at a bullpen game?
  9. Cleveland sitting at home while playing red hot for the past few weeks might actually be bad for them.
  10. Yeah I expect us to at least get 1. Not sure I'd be real confident we can win a series in Houston, but it's far from impossible.
  11. I still don't know who we would pitch for game 1.
  12. That sure sucked. Get ready to play on Tuesday, wherever in Texas it might be.
  13. Product of minute maid park
  14. Beni! If only we didn't give up 4 runs in the top half...
  15. We've had plenty of chances to at least tie this game before it got out of hand. Just one of those days for us.
  16. No Chase against a lefty means the lineup is ass.
  17. 95 EV at 29 getting out is crazy...
  18. I think it's Jordan Romano
  19. He had a good curve to hit and fouled it off.
  20. The one time a strikeout would have been better. Way to kill the rally guys.
  21. Damn it Sam. Now we have to depend on Colson
  22. I thought he was really clutch in SF
  23. That's a homer in 4 parks. That ball definitely didn't carry like it usually would.
  24. 102 EV and 35 degree launch angle feels like it should leave. Maybe if it wasn't 60 degrees.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.