Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Too bad they didn’t pursue Lance Lynn like I pushed for this past offseason, although admittedly I wouldn’t have gone three years for him. I just don’t see the point of trading for a starter unless someone is willing to just unload a contract and take nothing in return. Greinke would sort of fit the bill but I’m guess they’d expect something of value for him. Otherwise, I just don’t know what’s out there that won’t require the standard trade deadline premium.
  2. Good god man. That .734 OPS was good for a wRC+ of 111 and that’s not even park adjusted. That is phenomenal for a 22 year old who as expected had some initial struggles making the biggest jump in minor league ball.
  3. Exactly, moving Colome is all about adding more prospect currency to help us fill future needs.
  4. Those pieces should come from free agency. Trading Colome isn’t going to fill an immediate major league need.
  5. Do me a favor and check out Narvaez’s Statcast numbers this year. This isn’t about BABIP, it’s about Omar’s generally weak quality of contact. The HR’s he’s hit this year are simply not sustainable. Again, Omar isn’t a bad hitter, but he’s not nearly good as his flukey power #’s suggest. And while I will not defend the White Sox’s inability to develop him defensively, he’s always going to be a poor catcher regardless how good SEA is at coaching / development.
  6. I want to see him stick with the curveball again and rely on the fastball a little bit less.
  7. Lol...are you still complaining about Omar Narvaez? Dude’s numbers are quickly fading and by the end of the season your argument won’t hold much weight. Anyone that actually watches our games know trading Narvaez was the right thing to do. And to Hahn’s credit, he replaced Omar will a guy capable of handling a young staff. I hated the move at the time, but James McCann has been a huge reason for Giolito’s rapid ascension to ace-hood. If Omar is still around, I don’t believe Lucas would be this good right now.
  8. Statcast loves the quality of his contact, he’s just has been unlucky this year.
  9. I’m super pumped Hansen is getting a start tonight. If he can even be 80% of the guy we saw in 2017, he’ll be more than capable of filling a rotation spot.
  10. Yeah, can’t really hate on these trades. Gotta give respect where respect is due. Add the Robert signing to the list as well because that was just as pivotal of a rebuild move. Just needs to figure his shit out in free agency and add the finishing pieces.
  11. I think JDM is definitely attainable, but I don’t see them adding him and then resigning Abreu. If you add JDM, it’s to be the DH pure and simple.
  12. What an awesome game! Very lucky I was able to be there in person. Eloy is slowly becoming an offensive force and Giolito is a legit pitcher. 2020 is going to be a real fucking fun year.
  13. I’m done with you after this comment because I’m sure it’s annoying as fuck for everyone else. But what in the world are you talking about? Me criticizing my manager doesn’t mean I’m unhappy...lol. Like I don’t know what to tell you man, but if you want rainbows & unicorns all the time then maybe go find a safe space because the internet isn’t for you. People are going to make objective criticisms because this a baseball message board.
  14. Lol...ok bro. Let’s all hold hands and sing kumbaya and let other White Sox boards have the adult conversation.
  15. I am excited and want it to continue, which is why I don’t want Lucas out there for the 7th. Still not sure how that makes me a dark cloud.
  16. Starting stuff for no reason? What in the fuck are you talking about? Because I think Ricky Renteria is an idiot for sending our ace out for an unnecessary inning or because I called out a guy who has been making uninformed comments for nearly a decade for making an uninformed comment? Maybe the internet isn’t for you if your skin is this thin.
  17. Um, sorry but this is Greg we’re talking about. His comment had nothing to do with excitement and I’m not sure how I insulted him. He clearly doesn’t follow baseball outside of the Sox & Royals.
  18. Dude, I was at the fucking game. It was bad enough you don’t send him out for an unnecessary inning, especially when he was already trending in a negative direction. It was completely idiotic.
  19. Eloy does NOT deserve an All-Star game appearance and you suggesting he does shows just how little you follow baseball.
  20. Overreacting? Giolito has probably been the biggest positive development of the year and Ricky put him out there in a high risk situation for no reason. It’s absolutely inexcusable and fans have a right to be pissed.
  21. Dude, the weather was terrible. You don’t send your ace out there in a 10-1 game when he’s already at 90 pitches and losing command in such a scenario. It was beyond fucking stupid and offered zero upside.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.