Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
Sox trade for Yonder Alonso; Alex Call to CLE
I think you’re looking at his defensive value which is negative because of the 1B positional adjustment. His UZR/150 has been positive all but one year and he has a reputation of being a pretty good defensive 1B from what I recall.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Radio or tweet?
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Exactly. Adding Harper before they move some OFs puts them in a tough spot from a negotiating standpoint. It could happen, but seems a bit unlikely.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
And I still think all these Dodgers rumors are coming out of Boras’ camp with the intention to put pressure on us and the Phillies.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
How did you find this out of curiosity?
-
Sox trade for Yonder Alonso; Alex Call to CLE
He may hate DHing, but that’s without question the best spot for him given his poor defense. And his career splits are nearly identical between 1B & DH, which eliminates the uncertainty of whether he can handle the role. I’d probably let Abreu play 1B against LHP (with Alonso on the bench), but that should be it for him.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
There’s the sales pitch right there!
-
Update: Machado met with Sox
Has it been confirmed that Machado is coming to Chicago tomorrow? If so, maybe we should change the thread title to help generate some discussion.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
I believe it’s effectively a 4% to 5% difference, which on $350M would be roughly $14M to $18M. It’s not an immaterial amount by any means.
-
Sox trade for Yonder Alonso; Alex Call to CLE
His info is wrong or more likely a plant by us. I can tell you right now any bidding process is going to require teams to present some indicative range of value up-front. This is not a formal offer but simply a means to weed out teams that aren’t going to be serious players. We know we’ve already made that first cut which means with near certainty we can assume that we’re willing to go at least 10/$300M (the Nationals offer) and likely much higher.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
This article is exactly why Harper won’t end up in L.A. unless he’s willing to take a lot less money. The Dodgers have zero reason to spend 10/$350M+ on him. I still think this comes down to us or the Phillies.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
It won’t happen because the org is all in. We just all need to have patience.
-
Update: Machado met with Sox
I can’t wait until Manny signs with us.
-
Sox trade for Yonder Alonso; Alex Call to CLE
For the love of god just stop. Alonso won’t be here for two years unless he is absolutely crushing it.
-
Sox Have A Seat At The Table
Great stuff as always. Much appreciated Jimmy.
-
What should the max offer be for...
Player A: XWOBACON = .460, 18.7% BB, 24.3% Player B: XWOBACON = .470, 13.2% BB, 14.8%
-
Harper + Machado?
Y2Jimmy with a fantastic write-up! And I’ve never heard of Adam Schein, but good god what an annoying, ignorant hack. How the fuck could anyone stand to watch that douche for more than 90 seconds?
-
Sox trade for Yonder Alonso; Alex Call to CLE
They won’t keep both Nicky & Palka on the 25 man roster once Eloy is up. One will be optioned down to AAA.
-
Sox trade for Yonder Alonso; Alex Call to CLE
I think it improves our chances with Machado and puts some pressure on Boras. Plus if we somehow miss on both guys, it allows us to consider moving Abreu for prospects and still have a place-holder at 1B.
-
Sox trade for Yonder Alonso; Alex Call to CLE
I’ve got bad news for you fathom, but I’m guessing your boy Adam Jones will be a member of the 2019 White Sox if we don’t land Harper ?
-
Sox trade for Yonder Alonso; Alex Call to CLE
No stop gaps meant expensive deals to mediocre veterans like Melky & LaRoche that would block prospects. Alonso was brought here for one reason and we all know why. His addition doesn’t go against anything Hahn said.
-
Sox trade for Yonder Alonso; Alex Call to CLE
I’m not following. If we add Harper, who cares about Palka? Until then, he’s a place-holder for RF. I really don’t see what the issue is here.
-
Sox trade for Yonder Alonso; Alex Call to CLE
Right now that’s probably the OF. I think it’s very likely they add one more guy to the mix even if they miss out on Harper.
-
Sox trade for Yonder Alonso; Alex Call to CLE
Again, you’re over-thinking this. All it means as currently constructed, Palka is now in the OF mix because we added a DH and we have a gaping hole in RF.
-
Sox trade for Yonder Alonso; Alex Call to CLE
Oh come on, he had to say something to the press and clearly he wasn’t going to say this gives them an edge in the Machado sweepstakes. His response was completely fine, no one should be over-analyzing it.