Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
I was being a bit facetious with those odds, but I still believe we’re getting one premium free agent this offseason, with Springer or Bauer being the two main guys. I think the Mets only sign one of these guys at max (along with Realmuto) and we get the other one. Let’s just hope it doesn’t end up like the Machado winter where us and the Phillies basically each had a star in the bag, but we refused to be negotiate against ourselves and eventually a team came in last second and stole Manny from us. For some reason I could the Giants being that team
-
Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
Don’t think Bauer is moving to the SouthWest side if he comes here...lol.
-
Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
I’m just playing board hype man, but realistically I’d put us around 10%. Had Harold not laughed at the idea I’d probably put us around 20% as I truly don’t see a ton of teams in the mix. The Mets are a legit threat and the Angels are scary if they decide to pursue him, but other than them I don’t see a team more likely to land him than us unless these rumors we’re revving up to spend are completely false.
-
Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
I don’t want to derail this into another La Russa thread, but that’s not true at all. A quick google search shows both Paul Sullivan & Rick Morrissey ripping him and the Sox for the DUI. Those are the two biggest local news outlets and they both ripped him. I’m not saying New York wouldn’t have been worse, just saying there has been a general disdain for the hiring amongst Chicago media and it has gotten worse after the DUI.
-
Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
One of the two legit insiders on this board laughed at the idea of the Sox going after Bauer for whatever that’s worth.
-
Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
Joel Sherman has legs and said he’d pick the Sox if it were a life or death situation. Seems pretty legit to me.
-
Offseason Targets
Rosario doesn’t seem to be a fit for RF unfortunately
-
Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
It’s simple math...don’t be hating son
-
Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
I like optimistic Jack Parkman
-
Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
I think you’re greatly underselling the reaction, at least to the DUI.
-
Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
50% maybe? White Sox = 50% Mets = 10% Yankees = 10% Blue Jays = 10% Dodgers = 10% Angels = 10%
-
Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
Did they really protect TLR though? Seems like every journalist & columnist ripped the hire.
-
White Sox coaching staff announced (List in first post)
Anyone else think it’s weird they haven’t announced the coaching staff yet? Seems like we’re looking at the following with McEwing possibly in the 1st base / 3 base coach mix: Bench Coach: Miguel Cairo Pitching Coach: Ethan Katz Bullpen Coach: Curt Hasler Hitting Coach: Frank Menechino Ast Hitting Coach: Howie Clark 1st Base Coach: Darryl Boston? 3rd Base Coach: Jose Oquendo?
-
Nontender deadline almost here
Wow, I thought he was out of options, but if he has one left it’s an ever bigger no brainer.
-
Nontender deadline almost here
I think Bruce is right...Rodon & Mazara will get non-tendered, all others return. Lopez is worth tendering a contract at his price as he could be released during spring training for practically nothing.
-
Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
Fully agree on what constitutes spending.
-
Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
- Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
They should have used Stan’s Donuts- Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
I will say it would be very White Soxish to leak they’re after Springer while secretly pursing Bauer.- Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
And probably the biggest flag with Portillo’s is he somehow has access to their comprehensive “list” of targets in order of preference and gets updates on that list in real time.- Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
Lol...fair enough!!- Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
That’s why I was asking, there wasn’t even a #Bauer where you could have naturally come across it.- Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
- Offseason Targets
I’m all fucking in now.- Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
How did you find this out of curiosity? - Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)