Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. But why not report both players at that time, unless Cuthbert is the other positive.
  2. But did Kopech ever show up for an intake exam? He may very well have COVID, but it seems like his absence was called out before the team reported these two initial positives.
  3. Hahn said he’s having issues getting into the country.
  4. Why in the world is Moncada hanging out in NW Indiana?
  5. Got to get him ready for the season!
  6. The fact he’s three years younger, is already a higher regarded prospect, and has a legit super-star type ceiling. I really like Madrigal and he gives us a skillset we really need, but Kelenic has a chance to be the guy we all look back on in that draft and wonder why we passed on him.
  7. It’s not that crazy of a take to say we should of drafted Kelenic over Madrigal with the benefit of hindsight. And that doesn’t mean Madrigal is a bad pick, it’s just saying we probably didn’t draft the best player that was available to us at #4.
  8. That’s why I posted his follow up tweet as it directly conflicts with his “lost the will to play” tweet from earlier. Glad to see this dude has a history of bullshit.
  9. That tweet is almost certainly bullshit. This user claimed that Kopech had lost the will to play in a previous tweet and now is saying Kopech’s GF is pregnant and that’s why he’s going to sit out. It’s 99.9% likely this user is simply trolling.
  10. And here’s what he’s saying now. The dude is full of shit.
  11. Yeah I’m done here, if you honestly can’t see the difference here then no point in me wasting my time.
  12. Come on dude, calling a team the “Indians” is completely different than calling a team the “Asians”. Not saying it’s an acceptable name or not, but you’re completely ignoring all the context here.
  13. That’s a really bad list. Kyle Schwarber over Nelson Cruz? Encarnacion ranked 11th, but Miguel Cabrera ranked top 6?
  14. 30 man rosters only have last two weeks.
  15. 100% agree with everything you posted here.
  16. Whether people who work at food processing plants and at other essential services are making a fair wage is a completely different argument of whether they are critical during a pandemic. I’d love to see an improved quality of living for those at the bottom of the pay spectrum. The wealth balance in this country is beyond horrific and it desperately needs to change. I just don’t think companies are inherently evil because they don’t want to go under.
  17. 100% we should have done better and that falls on our government. Without a strict mandate to wear masks & social distance, too large of the population wasn’t going to follow through. And allowing the states to open up at the very first signs of improvement has completely fucked us. I can’t really speak on what companies have done to make working conditions safer other than my own. But I can assure you we have taken significant financial hits to ensure the safety of our workforce and so far those measures have been effective. That being said, I fully expect by the fall that things will be so bad that further shut-downs will be needed to keep teammates safe, which our company will do so proactively despite the financial implications. Again, I can’t speak to others that may not be taking care of their teammates who have to work through this shit and am definitely not giving my company a free pass for everything here as there are other things I think they’ve done poorly through this crisis.
  18. Thank you, this is all I was trying to argue.
  19. For 100% of their customer volume?
  20. Who is we?
  21. I guess I don’t get what you mean by this. Are you referring to people going to the grocery store? I get forcing curbside pickup / deliveries would be helpful to slow down the virus, but is the infrastructure in place for that to be a reality? I know you’re a money be damned kind of guy, but that’s a seismic change for that industry and I’m not sure it’s one easily executable. Have other countries that have been successful at slowing down the virus stopped grocery store visits altogether?
  22. Would have been huge, would still be huge, but unfortunately our POSPOTUS continues to argue against masks.
  23. Is this what you think I’m arguing? There is a difference between me wanting the 300M people in this country being able to eat without having complete pandemonium / anarchy and Greg desperately wanting a haircut because he feels uncomfortable.
  24. Again, what is it that you are proposing? Can the federal government financially support a complete shutdown of manufacturing and retail operations for an extended period of time? Show me the math on that. Ray Ray doesn’t think food processing plants should have to run right now, how do the 300M people in this country eat then? What about policemen, firefighters, and other public services? Do they have to work or do we just assume nothing will go wrong and they won’t be needed? As I said to begin with, there has to be a balance between keeping everyone safe and maintaining some semblance of a functioning economy. All the southern / rural states opening back up and not taking this seriously is a big fucking problem, but I don’t think what you guys are proposing is a viable solution either. Acting like essential services aren’t actually essential because there is a health crisis going on is simply ignoring reality. There is no doubt in my mind that US leadership has failed in its efforts to manage this pandemic, but tell me which of the more successful countries have gone to the extremes you are proposing?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.