Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
White Sox select LHP Garrett Crochet at #11, also, he signed
Who are the other two?
-
White Sox select LHP Garrett Crochet at #11, also, he signed
Probably not, but we'll have a good idea if he's underslot after our 2nd rounder tomorrow.
-
White Sox 2020 Draft Day discussion thread
Well sure, I definitely consider catcher to be up the middle, but that’s a very unique spot for obvious reasons. 2B I simply value a less than SS & CF because there is typically less fall back when it comes to positional flexibility. IMO, our system needs more athletes that aren’t pigeon-holed to one position potentially. That’s all I was getting at.
-
White Sox 2020 Draft Day discussion thread
Perhaps unfairly, but I’m considering up the middle to be SS / CF primarily.
-
White Sox 2020 Draft Day discussion thread
That’s fair but at some we need to start investing in some up the middle talent. Outside of Robert, most of our resources the past few years have gone to corner type players and pitchers.
-
White Sox 2020 Draft Day discussion thread
Pipeline & Fangraphs both had Howard higher rated.
-
White Sox 2020 Draft Day discussion thread
I’m willing to give a physically talented Midwest kid a bit more rope with their hit tool.
-
White Sox 2020 Draft Day discussion thread
I like Howard as much as anyone, but let’s see how the rest of the draft goes. If Crotchet is below slot, it’s very likely we come out with a high-end talent in the 2nd.
-
White Sox 2020 Draft Day discussion thread
Because he’s a high-end talent plus a local kid. I wouldn’t have passed on him personally.
-
White Sox 2020 Draft Day discussion thread
If the Cubs draft Howard I will die. Edit: I’m dead...FML
- White Sox 2020 Draft Day discussion thread
-
White Sox 2020 Draft Day discussion thread
Oh fuck, it’s happening?! Ed Howard!!!!
-
White Sox 2020 Draft Day discussion thread
What if Howard tells them he ain’t coming cheap and he forces his way to 11?
-
White Sox 2020 Draft Day discussion thread
Come on Angels, times are tough and you should definitely punt that pick!!
-
White Sox 2020 Draft Day discussion thread
If Detmers is there, don’t see the Sox passing on him.
-
White Sox 2020 Draft Day discussion thread
Motherfucker, is this official??
-
White Sox 2020 Draft Day discussion thread
Detmers, Abel, or Crotchet. Pick your poison... You will be missed Howard.
-
White Sox 2020 Draft Day discussion thread
This seems like good news right?! Right!?
-
White Sox 2020 Draft Day discussion thread
No reason to get cute, just take Howard and call it a day. With the benefit of hindsight, we should have probably taken the Midwest kid in Kelenic back in 2018. Let’s not make the same mistake twice with a kid right in our own backyard. Ed is exactly the type of talent you pick in our spot.
-
White Sox 2020 Draft Day discussion thread
Thanks fathom!
-
White Sox 2020 Draft Day discussion thread
You stating this or guessing?
-
White Sox 2020 Draft Day discussion thread
Ok thanks fathom, for some reason I thought he was on the bubble.
-
White Sox 2020 Draft Day discussion thread
Could news for us right!?
-
2020 MLB Draft Thread
What’s a mod chat?
-
2020 MLB Draft Thread
Based on what?