Everything posted by MiddleCoastBias
-
Sox Baseball on TV for the Out of Towners
We also have the Fox broadcast on Saturday, though that may be subject to a regional blackout.
-
My White Sox Hat Collection
QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 02:43 AM) Dude, I wanna know who the moron is that's buying some of those scrubs jerseys for $140 Some of those are admittedly worthless jerseys, others are so funny that it's almost worth it (Jerry Owens and Ehren Wasserman come to mind). But yeah, I have a feeling that Kotsay jersey may have been posted by his own wife or mother...
-
My White Sox Hat Collection
QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:52 PM) What? You can buy the authentic replica for $100-$120 or the official on-field authentic for $225, hence the "+." Mark Kotsay jersey for $130, woot woot! Honestly, that Jayson Nix jersey is calling my name...
-
My White Sox Hat Collection
QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 06:12 PM) The main fake jersey guy in the Chicago area was arrested around Christmas. I heard it was close to $500k sold. I'm happy about this, because one of my better friends is a guy I used to work for who owned a sports store. I use the word OWNED because fake jerseys and their easy access to getting them was the death of his business. Also, the fake jerseys look so bad. If you can buy a fake jersey for $50, why not buy the real one for $100+? Honestly when I think about buying an authentic for $100+, I figure I might as well just go all the way authentic eBay Game Worn Sox jerseys
-
F*** it, I've Got This. White Sox vs Cubs 7:10 first pitch
Lock it up, Sergio!
-
F*** it, I've Got This. White Sox vs Cubs 7:10 first pitch
Anyone else think Mike Quade looks like a burn victim?
-
F*** it, I've Got This. White Sox vs Cubs 7:10 first pitch
Does anyone know how Santos has done in previous 4-out save opps?
-
F*** it, I've Got This. White Sox vs Cubs 7:10 first pitch
QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 10:48 PM) At least we got the run in. Exactly. I will ride this high just long enough to forget about the AB that followed.
-
F*** it, I've Got This. White Sox vs Cubs 7:10 first pitch
USEFUL SHOT, LAD
-
F*** it, I've Got This. White Sox vs Cubs 7:10 first pitch
First pitch pop-up? Come on, guys...
-
F*** it, I've Got This. White Sox vs Cubs 7:10 first pitch
QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 10:35 PM) You da man!!!!! ....and he's back!
-
F*** it, I've Got This. White Sox vs Cubs 7:10 first pitch
QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 10:29 PM) Yeah_shoulda_brought_in_Ohman. A friend of mine in college had a similar problem as what you have now. His solution was to 'copy' a space and just ctrl+v between every word...
-
Catch All Anything Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 03:12 PM) You...you're a Minnesota fan! I'm loving that Mary Shelley- sounds delicious and it made me chuckle.
-
Catch All Anything Thread
QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 11:07 AM) Definitely, buy that Greco (not sure on hte name) brand where you get like 24oz for $4 ($3 on sale), that stuff is great. Next time you make burgers, cover both sides of them with this stuff before grilling, then add some grilled onions, slicing blue cheese, and other toppings you prefer. That stuff makes some of the tastiest, juiciest burgers. Christ on a cracker, I am starving now. That sounds amazing. Now I need to go pickup one of those bleu cheese-infused fresh patties from a deli and fire up the grill tonight.
-
Who are your favourite non-Sox players?
Some of the names that haven't been mentioned that I really enjoy: Evan Longoria Dustin Pedroia Yadier Molina And Hunter Pence is at the bottom of the list of players I want to watch- for some reason he just bores me.
-
That would be another white sox winner!
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 09:10 AM) It's also how well he's actually throwing when he's in there. He's not walking anyone. That curveball can still wipe people out. He gets hit some if he doesn't have it, but since he's not walking anyone and pitchign ahead of people, he's able to get around that sometimes. I listened to the Diamondbacks' broadcast for a couple innings and their announcers said that Humber had one of the the best curveballs in the AL for sure. Nice to hear something like that from someone other than Hawk (even if it was from an NL team).
-
Petition to immediately replace OG/KW with Omar or D.Martinez/Hahn
followed by just now
-
2011 Films Thread
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 07:18 AM) http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/1588-cou...itts-blind-side MONEYBALL TRAILER Wish they would have picked someone besides Jonah Hill as the DiPodesta character, and Hoffman as Howe? Well, it looks like it COULD be pretty decent. Yeah I'm definitely intrigued by this one. Very interested to see how the casting works out.
-
6/14 Sox @ twinkies PPD
Two days without White Sox baseball. Grrrr.
-
2011 Films Thread
QUOTE (OilCan @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 08:48 PM) Has anyone been following the prequel to Alien, the movie called "Prometheus"? http://www.celebrityviplounge.com/charlize...-alien-prequel/ Um, now I'm excited. I hadn't heard about this before but this definitely sounds like something I can get behind. Having said that, I am a bit hesitant because that was such a good series in its original form, kind of lost its track with the AVP stuff (AVP:R was an abortion for a film). I hope they get back to the original intent of the story without getting ridiculous like they have in the recent iterations.
-
Pierre: "Not playing the way I am capable"
He sure is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OjF_At3BKQ
-
PFH
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 08:52 AM) I'm pretty sure Paulie wears batting gloves. Nah, then Hawk would have tried to take credit for building the house.
-
2011 Films Thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 09:31 AM) No, I dont think there will be too much behind the great reveal besides the actual look of the escaped creature. I dont see it as a M Knight type twist that will leave you groaning in your seat. I have read rumors that this is the escape of the Cloverfield monster, which i think would be pretty cool. Im excited to see it, Abrams and Spielberg together sounds like a damn good pairing to me OK, I would totally be down with that. I absolutely loved Cloverfield, even though I know it was a very polarizing flick in terms of love it / hate it. I may still hold off to hear what other people say about Super 8 before I run out to be first in line.
-
2011 Films Thread
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 02:45 AM) http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20483133_20483446,00.html Super 8 getting a rave review from one of the most influential critics out there....can't wait to see it tmrw. Hopefully Juan Pierre will be magically abducted by aliens and two birds can be killed with the same entertainment dollar. I was having a conversation with Karko's Throatskin about this film a few days ago. He, like many of the critics/reviewers, is very excited to see this film. For some reason, I don't want to buy into the hype. I get this impression that it's going to be one of those movies with an awesome premise and then a total let down when you realize/see the 'cause' of everything. Examples I gave were The Happening and The Langoliers (bad TV miniseries in the mid-'90s based on a Stephen King novel). I imagine this film won't be in the category of awesomely bad like those two but in the same vein of disappointment. Anyone else get this feeling that the 'great reveal' is going to be a let down?
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER
QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 09:06 AM) Good to know I wasn't the only person who threw up in their mouth hearing him praise pitchers drafted in the middle rounds because that means they had to fight to get there. He's still using that line? I remember hearing that same thing last year. I believe Stone basically did his polite "wtf?" argument but Hawk was having none of it.