Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tnetennba

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tnetennba

  1. This has not my experience as a Bridgeport resident, and I cited two recent developments that did not have wide community support. The neighborhood has lost a number of legacy businesses over the past decade as well, and I have a difficult time believing that the Alderman's office wouldn't be open to any development on 35th or Shields by the park that would bring more businesses to the ward.
  2. Considering that only a few short weeks ago JR was publicly stating that he had no interest in selling, and with the very recent 78 pitch shenanigans, the timing of this article/leak/plant very much feels like the next chapter in the continual stadium funding ploy. If he really were interested in selling, he has to know the billion dollar price tag of his franchise, and there's no way a greedy SOB like Jerry sells for anything less than top dollar. Which floating a name like Dave Stewart makes this feel very much like unserious bluster.
  3. But what if we aren't men? And don't want to be men? f***, now I gotta go be a man to keep posting here.
  4. Basically. Can't express anything but positivity or the complaint police will be all over you...
  5. Never let evidentiary proof derail a baseless argument. That's my motto! (/sarcasm)
  6. I don't get it either. Having an OTA option is great. But OTA being virtually the only option on launch is ridiculous in 2024. It's not as if the powers behind this haven't had plenty of time to iron out the kinks.
  7. Tray's new crusade against fans who won't buy antennas...
  8. JR is great at shooting himself in the foot.
  9. You’re the schmo who accused me of not having visited the neighborhood in a long time and not knowing what I’m talking about. All I have done is refute your spurious claims. I could give two shits about winning an argument with a willfully ignorant message board troll. I actually don’t want the Sox to leave Armour Square, I want them to be a winning franchise that draws fans to the park. And for the park to have entertainment options beyond standing around it the fucking parking lot getting loaded before heading to the gates. I am simply a realist about the state of the franchise, and its future in a residential neighborhood with dwindling options for pre and post game. The manner in which fans engage and experience baseball has drastically changed since Comiskey II opened, and the park’s fan experience is antiquated today. I’m tired of my favorite team being light years behind the rest of baseball in nearly every facet, especially from a fan experience standpoint. Change is needed and it’s not going to happen at 35th & Shields while Jerry is in power.
  10. Nah, I remember Nevin from his playing days and Neikro was well before my time. Was there another Nevin who pitched in the past 30 years?
  11. Wow, why did I think Phil Nevin was a pitcher? For as familiar as the name is, I know nothing about him.😆
  12. Nah, no way JR pays Rodon and Lopez the contracts they signed. They'd both be elsewhere.
  13. So how's the weather in Martha's Vineyard today?
  14. You're telling on yourself 🤭
  15. Same. That's the only platform i'm interested in.
  16. Hahah cute. I only share the same zip code as 333 W 35th Street. But by all means, continue flaunting your willful ignorance, it's highly entertaining.
  17. Crochet & Robert for more Dodgers scraps. Where do we sign?
  18. This has always been my understanding as well. It’s not the neighborhood stopping anything, but JR monopolizing every dollar spent at or around the park.
  19. To my knowledge, there hasn't been any request from the Alderman's office for resident input on developing the empty lots around GRF, at least not in the last 13 years since I have lived in the ward. I'm curious about the claims that' the neighborhood' has blocked JR from doing so. Anecdotally, when the Starbucks at 31st & Halsted was first floated, there were plenty of residents who were against it, or were against the plans as presented. Resident opposition didn't stop the alderman from selling off the parcel of land at a fraction of its value to fast track the development. Same can be said about the development of the former helipad on Halsted just south of the river. The community was not in favor of the massive warehouse and a sea of parking being built, but Daley-Thompson bowed to corporate interests yet again over the wishes of his constituents. I'd venture that if JR really wanted to invest the dollars and energy in developing the empty lots around GRF, he would find a way to grease the wheels of city officials.
  20. Gotcha. Thanks for the correction. I knew someone involved made that promise, but that was all before my time.
  21. Didn't JR supposedly promise that McCuddy's would be rebuilt? Yet for 30+ years nothing has been built other than the very overpriced ChiSox Bar & Grill, that is only open on game days. But please, tell me about all of the money invested immediately outside of Guaranteed Rate Field, from 33rd to 37th, Normal to Wentworth. I will hang up and listen...
  22. I live in Bridgeport, and I was taking about the sea of empty lots immediate around the ballpark that sit empty 284 times a year. But please, tell more about my own neighborhood, where I reside, work, and spend the majority of my time.
  23. The moving to the suburbs trend died 30 years ago. It's just not viable for baseball in this day and age. JR is angling for a better location so he can con someone else into building a playground around a shiny new ballpark. That won't happen with a suburban location. He'd have a new ballpark and a whole new set of attendance issues/excuses, while suffering similar struggles as he has in Armour Square. After 30 years of disinvestment around 35th & Shields, no one else is paying to develop that land either, so nothing is going to change for the foreseeable future.
  24. Someone had to get the axe, and Getz sure wasn't firing himself.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.