Everything posted by Timmy U
-
7/26 GT - Twins at Sox - 1:10pm
I don't think it's time to panic after three games against a team that beat our brains in last year. I will say that ReyLo was the worst SP in the American League last year and that if Kopech had not opted out (and if the White Sox decided not to yank him around for service time) he would not be in the rotation. Cease has looked very good and is our real #3 starter. Robert has looked very good so far. Go get 'em tomorrow night and you're .500 That said, whatever they are trying against Nelson Cruz, they should try something different.
-
7/26 GT - Twins at Sox - 1:10pm
Sure, but an event that I'd RSVP "No, thank you."
-
7/25 GT - Twins at Sox - 1:10pm
Love that area. Loyola grad, so I know it well.
-
2020 AL Central thread.
Indians lost. Nice debut by Brady Singer. I know on draft day this board was not his biggest fans, but he looks like he’s got a shot. Ramirez and Lindor looked out of sorts. Hope they’re not saving it up for us.
-
7/25 GT - Twins at Sox - 1:10pm
Fascinating that when KNOW you’re having a day game after a night game and that Giolito is super comfortable with McCann AND Grandal’s greatest strength is stealing low strikes for pitchers like Keuchel, you start Grandal last nigh and McCann today. It’s not that hard, is it?
-
Opening Day Game Thread: Twins @ White Sox, 7:10 PM CT
4 young studs Anderson, Moncada, Eloy, and Robert 9-15, HR, 3 doubles, a walk. Rest of the lineup: 0-17 2 walks.
-
Opening Day Game Thread: Twins @ White Sox, 7:10 PM CT
I feel like Yoan and Eloy need to hit closer to each other. Last September that combo carried the team.
-
Opening Day Game Thread: Twins @ White Sox, 7:10 PM CT
I think Hamm's used to sponsor Sox broadcasts. After Falstaff went out of business.
-
Predict how many wins it will take to make the playoffs
So who are the contenders for the 7th and 8th slots? If you say, for the sake of argument, that the first six are 1. Yankees 2. Astros 3. Twins 4. Indians 5. TB 6. A's, then the other contenders are Sox, Angels, Rangers, Blue Jays, then maybe Red Sox (have you seen their rotation?!) and Royals? I can't believe I'll be scoreboard watching Angels/Rangers games from the start of the season, but... Go Sox!
-
The worst thing to happen in 2020...
Ha ha. I’ll vote Angel. Angel seems tough to get along with off the field as well. But I can see arguments for both sides.
-
Home Sox vs Road Sox | 7.18.20 Intrasquad GameThread
I thought he had some decent curveballs earlier. Inconsistent though.
-
Predict the White Sox 30 man opening roster
I despise service time manipulation. That said, is Madrigal really that much better than Leury right now?
-
2 White Sox have Covid 19
1/2 a year of service time for a player you believe is a full-time starter after that = 0 service time. They would still get 7 years. The question is: Will Vaughn hit enough to be worth it this year? I will say this: If he can't outhit Leury, Mendick, and especially Romine, he's an odd pick at 3. Personally, I'm thrilled that they're trying him at 3rd. Imagine if he has positional versatility. That's a much better profile than a 5'10" R/R first base only guy. That makes him more valuable for the Sox in the future or in a trade. zVery exciting even if he's taxi squad all year.
-
2 White Sox have Covid 19
I actually disagree. If Vaughn is one of the 44 guys in camp, you have to imagine that he's in the 2-deep. God forbid that the team gets hit by a significant Covid outbreak, you could see him being called up to play 1b, dh, 3b, hell, even 2b, which was his position in HS. I believe this year is so unpredictable that a lot of unlikely scenarios are on the table now.
-
Sox summer camp roster announced
I grew up in St. Joe, MI. Michigan City Lakefront is real nice, it's close to the Dunes. Rest of the town... eh. Patchy. There's a state prison there, so it's mixed. Just North of Michigan City there are some exclusive enclaves with a lot of Chicagoans all the way up to New Buffalo.
-
Is Gio Gonzalez' shoulder recovered?
I think he will be a tandem starter with Kopech, Cease, or Lopez. Hard to justify sitting Kopech to start Gio imho
-
Incredible interview with Kenny Williams on race and racism - "maybe that lady will get on the elevator with me next time"
Man, what a lovely video from Kenny. Say what you want about Reinsdorf and how conservative he is with free agents and draft picks, it makes me proud to cheer for a team that won the World Series with a Black GM and a Venezuelan manager, that is by far MLB's leader when it comes to charities and outreach to the community, that has a super strong ACE program, that is represented by diverse, caring people like Anderson, Giolito, and Eloy. They don't give rings for that stuff, but it's a big reason I'm a Sox fan. Compare that to rooting for the Ricketts.
- White Sox 2020 Draft Day discussion thread
- White Sox 2020 Draft Day discussion thread
-
White Sox 2020 Draft Day discussion thread
The Cubs got a better player than the Sox picking way after them. *sigh* But it's a very deep draft, so there's not THAT much difference. Man am I disappointed.
- White Sox 2020 Draft Day discussion thread
-
2020 MLB Draft Thread
Personally, I'm team "anyone but Crochet."
-
Will There Be a 2020 Season?
Define “owners.” It is impossible for the Yankees, BoSox, Phillies, Dodgers, Cubs, etc to lose more money collecting TV revenue than by not collecting it. The Pirates, however, are another matter. Just like the NHL, baseball has a long history of caving to owners and markets that should be allowed to contract. For 5he Yankees to cancel a season to save the Pirates is nauseating. But I am a union member myself, so kind of biased.
-
FS: Mock Draft 2.0
Interesting take. I think and hope you’re wrong about the pick. High school pitcher at 11? That’s not Jerry’s style.
-
Will There Be a 2020 Season?
Agree to disagree. There is a reason why literally no countries are trying this strategy. Here, we are starting to see kids get a Covid-related syndrome that one 14 year old described as “someone literally injecting fire into you.” There is so much we don’t know about this virus that achieving herd immunity by giving it to large groups at once would, in addition to overwhelming the entire health system, likely result in unexpected outcomes for a bunch of people outside of your expendable group. Hold tight. Good vaccine news today. We may lose the 2020 baseball season, but that is no reason to sacrifice like 2 million people imho.