Timmy U
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Everything posted by Timmy U
-
8/3 Games
Quero 3-4. He is getting very close to being ready.
- 8/3 Games
-
Thorpe to IL with flexor strain
The good news in this is now there is an explanation for Thorpe’s severe drop off in his lat 2 starts. His arm was hurting.
-
8/2/24 White Sox @ Twins 7:10 Central........gently rocking.....gently rocking.....gently rocking
They weren’t gonna score, so it doesn’t matter, but what the heck is wrong with Wilson? He’s been a gas can for like 2 months. They sent him to Charlotte, where he got lit up and then he returned no better. Meanwhile, Coffey has been lights out. Cousin could get a chance. AHT has been solid. They have room on the 40 man now and it’s gonna be a ghost town after this season. Why not try someone else? Also, Berroa? Seriously? Every single reliever in their system has been better than him this year. At least try to win the occasional game.
-
Fire Chris Getz
Berroa is not part of the Cease trade. Iriarte has been up and down this year, but pretty good in his last two starts.
-
Thorpe to IL with flexor strain
Yes.
-
Thorpe to IL with flexor strain
Thorpe is a nice player, but he is not the key player in their rebuild. Schultz, Smith, and Taylor all have way higher upsides and should all get an audition by early 2026. It will be interesting whether this is a cut and dried thing or if Thorpe rests and rehabs to try to avoid surgery. If he had surgery now, he’d be ready by Opening Day 2026. If he goes like Davis Martin, God only knows what a return might look like. I feel bad for the player, but he’s not irreplaceable.
-
Thorpe to IL with flexor strain
First Kopech, then Crochet, now Thorpe. Sox love TJS obliterating early years of control. They need to sacrifice a goat or something to change the luck.
-
Fedde/Pham/$ to STL, Kopech to LAD, Miguel Vargas + prospects to Sox
Karma for Cards not giving up anything in the trade.
-
Thorpe to IL with flexor strain
Berroa will come in handy in case they need someone walked or a wild pitch.
-
Thorpe to IL with flexor strain
Uh oh. Who would you give rotation slot to for the rest of the year? Personally, I would say Mason Adams, but Bush needs to be added at the end of the year and Eder and Iriarte are already on the roster. Please not Nastrini.
-
Clinic No-Shows
5-15 about the right age to live to see the next SoxFest.
-
Clinic No-Shows
In the Sox defense, maybe no one there knows enough about baseball to give a clinic.
-
Fedde/Pham/$ to STL, Kopech to LAD, Miguel Vargas + prospects to Sox
I can see where the Sox talked themselves into Vargas. They were asking for a top 50 prospect, Vargas had been that. Keaschall is not that highly regarded and he’s a 2b. If you don’t think the bloom is off the rise with Vargas, maybe you talk yourself into him. I never liked the player when he was a top 50 prospect, so as a failed ex-prospect with no defensive position, I really don’t like him. But I am just a fan. Hopefully Sox scouts are way smarter than me. I have never seen Keaschall play. Maybe his numbers are a product of the Texas League.
- Pick the glorious day!
-
8/1 Games
Possible you just don’t trade with the Dodgers. They know which of their players are good.
-
Eloy to Baltimore
They are off today. Play in Minny tomorrow.
-
The streak has reached 21. Raise a glass.
Reinsdorf doesn’t have to sell, you know. He could just relinquish being the majority partner. Let someone else run the team. Maybe Mellody Hobson. She’s smart enough to fire Getz, conduct a real search, and then let the professionals do their jobs. I think she already owns more of this team than Reinsdorf anyway.
-
Fire Pedro Grifol
I get that viewpoint, but Grifol took an 81-81 team and made them a 101 loss team. This team should lose 100, it’s gonna lose 120. At some point you do have to limit the damage.
-
Fire Pedro Grifol
Cuda does it again. https://twitter.com/JayCuda/status/1818682156584964341
-
Royals @ Sox, 7/31, 1:10 PM
I keep saying this, he’s a DH. Terrible glove everywhere, although I have not seen him play 1b. Maybe he’s decent there? If he does not hit — a lot — this is going to go down as one of the biggest missed opportunities in baseball over the last decade. I would have preferred Norby/Stowers. Hopefully, he hits and proves me wrong.
-
FutureSox: 2024 White Sox Draft Recap
Thanks for the article. Lotta great info!
-
7/31 Sox vs. Royals 1:10PM
Woof. They're gonna try Vargas in LF. He's not great out there, but neither is Benintendi, so maybe he can be early Eloy out there? Senzel taking ABs is really weird to me.
-
Grade Getz’s 1st Trade Deadline!
I think the grade really depends on how you value Vargas. If you think he is R/R Michael Busch, you could give it a C. I don’t like the player at all, so I’m in the D/F range. I hope I’m wrong and either he does have a defensive position OR can hit a fastball. I see a below average DH. I think the Dodgers felt the same way eventually. Check out the haul they got for Busch vs. Edman, Kopech, and a DSL pitcher.
-
Crochet Trade Updates (Nightengale)
Coincidentally, his projected deduct as a high school player? 2030