Everything posted by ChiSoxFanMike
-
Munemania: Rated 100/10
f*** that. If he’s good, extend him.
-
Munemania: Rated 100/10
Saw someone say that’s where his agent is located, not sure if that’s true or not.
-
Munemania: Rated 100/10
The Mets scare me. I know they brought in Polanco, but it feels like they still have a big hole at 1B after Alonso left. Can’t rule out the Angels either. Or possibly the Mariners. Just hoping for the best.
-
Munemania: Rated 100/10
My opinion on Getz and this entire franchise will change if they get this done.
-
Munemania: Rated 100/10
GET IT DONE CHRISTOPHER RYAN GETZ
-
Munemania: Rated 100/10
“The White Sox, known for their aggressive signing strategy, are ready to offer a lucrative contract to secure the Japanese star” lol
-
Munemania: Rated 100/10
Do we have any Japanese speakers on this forum? https://www.sportingnews.com/jp/mlb/news/why-white-sox-might-be-perfect-fit-munetaka-murakami/9c79c056ede5186b4096cb6c#
-
Munemania: Rated 100/10
I heard he’s taking shots of Malort with Pritzker.
-
Munemania: Rated 100/10
Maybe but it still wouldn’t change the questions about his ability to hit MLB pitching. He might as well sign with a MLB team now.
-
Munemania: Rated 100/10
He’s already proven he can mash in Japan. How would another year of raking there change anything?
-
Munemania: Rated 100/10
Prime Joey Gallo was one of the best home run hitters in the game and an above average hitter even with all the strikeouts. I’d definitely take that at first base on this team. They desperately need more power.
-
Munemania: Rated 100/10
Murakami could strike out 200 times a season for all I care as long as he hits bombs.
-
Munemania: Rated 100/10
Bruce Levine has always been the most credible source in the industry.
-
Chicago White Sox's Offseason FA Signings Trades Megathread
I’m guessing Robert will be traded at some point, so it’s basically Benintendi, Kay (who will probably be traded too if he’s any good), and then a bunch of guys making league minimum in 2027. It’s basically as clean of a slate as you’ll get from a payroll standpoint.
-
Chicago White Sox's Offseason FA Signings Trades Megathread
I’m not expecting them to spend until after the lockout issues are resolved. It would be nice to see them try to improve though.
-
Chicago White Sox's Offseason FA Signings Trades Megathread
I’d take Okamoto or O’Hearn as alternatives, but I just don’t think those guys have the same ceiling of Murakami. Take a big swing for once.
-
Chicago White Sox's Offseason FA Signings Trades Megathread
You’re not wrong, but this is the perfect time for them to take a risk. The payroll is basically non-existent. If he doesn’t translate, then it’s unfortunate but at least they tried. But there is also the possibility that he is a monster. And he fits in perfectly from an age/skillset standpoint.
-
Chicago White Sox's Offseason FA Signings Trades Megathread
So the front office isn’t interested in a 25 year old left handed hitter with massive power. Another slapdick hitting 2nd baseman is more up their alley. Lol.
-
Chicago White Sox's Offseason FA Signings Trades Megathread
I’d prefer Murakami, but I would happily take Okamoto as well.
-
Pete Fairbanks?
Yeah the Sox aren’t getting him, and honestly, I’m not too mad about that given his nerve issues.
-
Sox hire Carlos Rodriguez for Assistant GM role
I can’t say I know much of anything about this guy, but from the looks of it, it seems like he is more qualified to be the GM than Getz is.
-
Chicago White Sox's Offseason FA Signings Trades Megathread
Maybe if they actually put a good team on the field more than once every 15 years, people would show up. Maybe they should think of that.
-
Chicago White Sox's Offseason FA Signings Trades Megathread
Did Jerry Reinsdorf not own the team when they signed Abreu?
-
Chicago White Sox's Offseason FA Signings Trades Megathread
While I don’t disagree and hope you’re right, I think the White Sox legacy with Cuban players was a factor in the Abreu signing. The Sox don’t have the same history with Japanese players. Though it is worth mentioning that Shingo Takatsu was Murakami’s manager in Japan.
-
Chicago White Sox's Offseason FA Signings Trades Megathread
I don’t care. He has insane power and is 25 years old. He fits perfectly with this core.