Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ChiSoxFanMike

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ChiSoxFanMike

  1. Fair. I would like to see the Kelenic’s and Pereira’s of the world at least earn a roster spot in spring training though. It shouldn’t just be handed to them.
  2. Well I’m not in favor of giving up assets for him, but I saw a tweet where Nightengale said the Phillies will have to eat basically the entire contract just to get rid of him. If the Sox give up nothing and take him on for 1 year/$2 or $3 million, I wouldn’t hate it.
  3. Probably the better option, I’m just bored and want them to do something.
  4. Placeholder in RF until Montgomery is ready
  5. I’m talking myself into Nick Castellanos if the Phillies eat most or all of his contract.
  6. If Jerry had to be convinced just to sign Murakami, there is zero chance he will take on more salary just to get a random prospect. A bad salary swap involving Benintendi would be nice, but that’s easier said than done.
  7. I feel like a Robert for Senga framework could make some sense.
  8. Saw the Yankees checked in on Robert, what would we want in return from them?
  9. I saw the “hot” label on this thread and thought something happened, only to read thinkpieces about Matt Shaw getting traded to the Sox.
  10. I’m desperate for rumors and this probably isn’t true, but who knows.
  11. JR isn’t going to flip it over to Ishbia until 2029 at the earliest. They have to try to be competitive before that. Next offseason is when they should start making serious long term moves again.
  12. Going into the season without a high leverage veteran reliever would be a massive mistake IMO, but I’m expecting it at this point.
  13. Now send them Benintendi for Eduardo Rodriguez.
  14. I’m not super attached to Lee by any means, but I can live with him on the team if his presence means that Teel and Quero will be in the lineup together consistently.
  15. They did play Lee in LF last season, albeit only for a couple innings. I wonder if they think he can play there on a somewhat consistent basis. If so, maybe that’s a path for him to stick on the team.
  16. 4 years of control, cheap, cannon arm, decent power. Could be a nice backup catcher for someone.
  17. Was my first thought when I saw this. They should be able to get something for him.
  18. I don’t want Corbin either but I feel like they need a veteran who can eat innings.
  19. He doesn’t have a history of eating innings though and it’s a significant injury he’s recovering from. Unless they sign him as an upside play and someone really cheap like Patrick Corbin as well.
  20. Signing a pitcher coming off a serious injury, what could possibly go wrong
  21. I hope so. They certainly shouldn’t give him away just for the sake of trading him. Like you said, he’s their best option in CF and I’d like to see what he can do with a clean slate in this new lineup between Colson and Murakami.
  22. I think the Robert situation will play out exactly like last year. They’ll keep him and hope he increases his value at the deadline, and then they will probably still hold onto him because the offers aren’t to their liking. I can’t recall another player whose value is seemingly so different from the White Sox perspective compared to how every other team values them.
  23. I think Burke should move to the bullpen, but that’s just me. I think his stuff would play up. Cannon, he might not be a MLB caliber pitcher unfortunately.
  24. Curious to see how much money he got compared to Murakami.
  25. Given how much Fuller helped Montgomery, I’m interested to see if he can work with magic with Kelenic as well. There’s no risk. If he still sucks, they can just get rid of him.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.