Everything posted by ChiSoxFanMike
-
Chicago White Sox's Offseason FA Signings Trades Megathread
Francys has to be trolling us because there’s just no way that makes any sense.
-
White Sox win draft lottery, will pick #1 in 2026
What was the reason Roch didn’t go pro out of high school? He was asking for too much money?
-
Munemania: Rated 100/10
I would be stunned if the Sox paid as much for an unproven pitcher as Imai will likely get. Though to your point, that could no longer be the case if Ishbia is involved.
-
Robert Thread: Sox talking to Reds, Mets
It’s worth noting that Baldwin was better defensively in CF than any other position he played last year. And I think he would benefit from playing one position consistently as opposed to constantly moving around.
-
Robert Thread: Sox talking to Reds, Mets
If they do trade Robert, I think Baldwin is the best internal candidate for CF.
-
Robert Thread: Sox talking to Reds, Mets
Yeah I wouldn’t give 3 years to Bader. 2 maybe and even that might be too much. JJ Bleday could also make sense as a stopgap option.
-
Robert Thread: Sox talking to Reds, Mets
Sosa could also make sense for them.
-
Robert Thread: Sox talking to Reds, Mets
Kepler gives me 2021 Adam Eaton vibes in terms of being cooked.
-
Robert Thread: Sox talking to Reds, Mets
He projected 1/8 for Kepler. At that point you might as well spend a little more and get a guy who can play CF in Bader.
-
Robert Thread: Sox talking to Reds, Mets
I’d rather have Bader than Kepler. I’d rather have Austin Hays than Kepler too.
-
White Sox sign Sean Newcomb 1/4.5M, DFA Ryan Rolison
I hope they don’t make him a starter again. He was much better out of the bullpen.
-
Robert Thread: Sox talking to Reds, Mets
Is Chase Petty considered semi interesting? I don’t really know. I’d target Hector Rodriguez if they are trading with the Reds.
-
Robert Thread: Sox talking to Reds, Mets
Well his value is so low at this point anyway that they don’t have anything to lose by rolling the dice again.
-
Robert Thread: Sox talking to Reds, Mets
Then they should just keep him and hope he plays well in the first half of 2026.
-
Robert Thread: Sox talking to Reds, Mets
I remember the Sox were interested in Petty awhile ago, but he was bad in AAA. He’s still young, but his prospect shine can’t be what it once was.
-
Robert Thread: Sox talking to Reds, Mets
If they are willing to eat half the salary, the return should be way better than a couple lotto ticket pitchers coming off of Tommy John. If that’s the best offer they’re getting, just keep him.
-
Chicago White Sox's Offseason FA Signings Trades Megathread
Could free up salary for the Mets to take Robert though.
-
2026 Lineup Discussion
Quero has to be way higher than that against lefties. He absolutely mashes them.
-
Robert Thread: Sox talking to Reds, Mets
I meant the Sox trading Robert for something of significance and then signing or trading for a different CF to replace him.
-
Robert Thread: Sox talking to Reds, Mets
If there’s a scenario where they can trade Robert for an actual return and then find AT LEAST an equivalent player to take his place in CF (Harrison Bader or something) then maybe. But if this scenario involves dumping his salary and having Derek Hill start, no thanks.
-
Robert Thread: Sox talking to Reds, Mets
What evidence is there to suggest that his work ethic is s%*#?
-
Munemania: Rated 100/10
If Murakami wins ROY, do they get an extra draft pick?
-
Robert Thread: Sox talking to Reds, Mets
I think trading Robert would be completely unproductive and would damper the Murakami signing for me. Whatever you think of him at this point, he’s the best option they have in CF.
-
Munemania: Rated 100/10
2 shortstops is a bold choice
-
Munemania: Rated 100/10
f*** that. If he’s good, extend him.