Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ChiSoxFanMike

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ChiSoxFanMike

  1. QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 20, 2014 -> 08:10 PM) This Freddy was a rental talk is absurd, the Sox knew they'd be able to extend him when they made the deal. GreenSox, it seems you care more about winning trades than winning World Series. Yep. I would do that Garcia trade over again everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. There's no point in saying "what if". The Sox won a World Series partially because of Garcia's success. I'll take a World Series win over a trade "win" anyday.
  2. I'd much rather sign Emilio Bonifacio than Cabrera. Bonifacio can be a reserve outfielder and the Sox definitely need one of those. Leury Garcia/Jordan Danks don't belong on a playoff level team in my opinion.
  3. QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Dec 19, 2014 -> 06:22 PM) This is a helluva f***ing move the more I look at it. Sox just got a .5 WAR backup catcher with the upside to be a 2 WAR starter for nothing. Hahn continues to impress. If he sucks are gets hurt screw it, you tried and paid nothing. I 100% agree with this. If Flowers ever gets hurt, Kottaras is more than capable of being a starter. I love this signing. It's a low risk/high reward type of move.
  4. I could see KC or Detroit having interest in him as well. We'll see I guess. It'll be interesting to see how to translates from Korea to the Big Leagues.
  5. QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Dec 20, 2014 -> 02:40 PM) 2005 Tadahito Iguchi was the 7th ranked 2B in baseball by WAR. He would've only trailed Abreu on last year's team. Exactly. I never thought Tadahito got enough credit for what he did to the Sox. He was the bridge between Scotty Pods and Konerko/Dye/A.J. Having a solid #2 hitter is super important.
  6. QUOTE (woods of ypres @ Dec 19, 2014 -> 08:34 PM) Line up still seems kind of top heavy. Eaton, Cabrera, Abreu, LaRoche are all locks for 100+ wRC+ After that it kind of tails off. Ramirez ended up with a 97, but that is with his hot start. Ditto Flowers (93 wRC+) Gillaspie (108 wRC+) lived and died with his BABIP last year. What can we expect from Garcia? Sanchez? Here's my projections for the lineup. (Average, Homers, RBI) 1. Adam Eaton (CF) .305 2 HR 35 RBI 2. Melky Cabrera (LF) .295 14 HR 60 RBI 3. Jose Abreu (1B) .309 32 HR 110 RBI 4. Adam LaRoche (DH) .269 28 HR 89 RBI 5. Avisail Garcia (RF) .265 15 HR 70 RBI 6. Conor Gillaspie (3B) .265 9 HR 53 RBI 7. Alexei Ramirez (SS) .275 13 HR 61 RBI 8. Tyler Flowers © .242 16 HR 57 RBI 9. Micah Johnson (2B) .250 5 HR 34 RBI
  7. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 20, 2014 -> 02:22 PM) I hope best case is better than Iguchi. Because that's kind of a low bar Iguchi was a really solid player for the Sox for a few seasons. But I hope you are right. My expectations for Kang are not high regardless if the Sox pick him up or not.
  8. For $5 million, I hope the Sox got him. Worst case scenario is that he becomes a Tsuyoshi Nishioka type of player, the best case scenario is that he becomes like Iguchi. It's worth a shot.
  9. QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 07:10 PM) http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/samard...im-feeling-home Samardzija might be a bigger Sox fan than some of us. If he's that big of a Sox fan, do you think that makes him sign an extension to stay here long term? I heard he wants to be a free agent, but maybe Hahn can woo him to stay.
  10. Now that the Wil Myers deal is almost certain to happen, do you think the Rays trade Longo as well? He would fit perfectly on the Sox. I'd love to see a trade happen, but I would hate to see Rodon/Quintana/Anderson leave. What do you guys think? Sox Sider: WHITE SOX TO GO AFTER EVAN LONGORIA?
  11. I'd like any one of Yoervis Medina, Dominic Leone, or Tom Wilhelmsen in exchange for Viciedo.
  12. This might sound crazy, but does anyone think a reunion with Gordon Beckham is possible? At the very least, he plays great defense and could be a utility guy.
  13. QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 15, 2014 -> 07:51 PM) Oh yeah. Been advocating for it, along with at least a few others. It makes wayyyyy too much sense. It really does. He's a perfect fit on this team. He can backup pretty much any spot necessary (third base, second base, outfield). I don't know how much he wants, but I'd love to see Hahn pick him up and call it a day.
  14. Anyone think Emilio Bonfacio would be a good fit on the Sox? He can play almost anywhere.
  15. I don't see the Sox as a World Series contending team as this point, but they are definitely in contention for the division. Detroit didn't get any better and KC won't be as good as they were last year. I see the Sox and KC fighting for 1st place next season.
  16. QUOTE (Whitey @ Dec 15, 2014 -> 06:45 AM) Looking at Houston's depth chart, Dayan would be an upgrade over what they have in LF... How about a package of Dayan, Trayce, and Surkamp? I would hope for a lot more than Castro if those 3 guys went to Houston. I would love a guy like Michael Foltynewicz too.
  17. I say 86-76 with a playoff appearance.
  18. Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I can't wait for the season to start. What an offseason.
  19. I would buy a Konerko or Frank Thomas one, but that's just me.
  20. Hey guys, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mike, and I am a huge White Sox fan. Paul Konerko and Jim Thome are my favorite players. I didn't even know this forum existed until now. Well, I am very happy to be here and talk White Sox baseball with everyone. Thanks for reading and I hope I get to know you guys better.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.