Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ChiSoxFanMike

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ChiSoxFanMike

  1. I love Nate Jones. I hope he recovers and makes a contribution to this team. He could make a big difference if he's healthy.
  2. I'm calling BS on this. If he wasn't looking for "top dollar" in a contract, he would've signed an extension with the Sox already.
  3. QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 09:21 PM) Noooo. Austin will be in A ball. He's a ways off and is nowhere near a lock to make it to the bigs. I was pretty sure that was the case. But with the way Rodon is pitching today, it seems like he's really comfortable with Austin behind the plate.
  4. Do you think Austin gets called up when Rodon gets called up just so he's his personal catcher?
  5. QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 24, 2015 -> 04:13 PM) Wow Gordon turned on a ball. So did Flowers. I think I am dreaming.
  6. QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 24, 2015 -> 03:37 PM) We've certainly got a lot of "hawkisms" already this spring. We've got: 1) Bo Jackson's 1 iron 2) fast baserunners stress pitchers more than home runs 3) baseball is the only sport where offense doesn't control the ball surely I've missed some as well. I'm so f***ing tired of him it's going to be a long season. And as I ALWAYS SAY -- Hawk is a legend, a boyhood treasure -- but put him out to pasture please. He's definitely doddering at this point, but I still love him.
  7. Danks needs to have a good start today.
  8. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 24, 2015 -> 02:56 PM) This is what people are missing here... how do you get Leury a full season of AAA AB's? Who of Davidson, Saladino and Sanchez do you remove playing time from to give it to him? No one, for me. Then they could put Garcia in AA.
  9. QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 24, 2015 -> 12:43 PM) Huh, figured they would have just released Leury to clear a spot on the 40 man. Guess there's no rush but usually it seems teams "do a solid" to guys like that and just grant them release to see if they can grab a big league job elsewhere. Well maybe Leury just has no shot and everyone agreed AAA is where he'd best be served. The only reason Leury had a big league job last year is because of his versatility and speed. Because he sure as hell couldn't hit like a big leaguer.
  10. I hope Sale pitches on the 12th. I'm going to that game, and I'd love to see him in person.
  11. Hawkins is a beast. Hopefully he makes the team by 2017 or 2018.
  12. QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 21, 2015 -> 03:41 PM) shuck is starting to grow on me. i hope he makes it. Agreed. He seems like he hustles on every play, which is nice to see.
  13. Beckham got a hit. Whoop, whoop.
  14. I bet Shuck will make the team as the 4th outfielder.
  15. QUOTE (Knuckles @ Mar 20, 2015 -> 03:32 PM) $23.5M This will be a flat out steal if Spanky can stay healthy.
  16. QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 20, 2015 -> 03:27 PM) Oooh! Adam Eaton just got a 5 year deal with 2 year club option! Nice. I love RH so much. He's a baller and not afraid to put all his cards on the table.
  17. Another solid couple of AB's by Melky and Abreu right there. The top of the Sox lineup is scary good.
  18. QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Mar 20, 2015 -> 03:11 PM) Flowers in midseason form already. LOL. Great minds think alike I guess.
  19. Flowers is in midseason form already lol. But man, Noesi looked GOOD in that inning. He seemed a lot more aggressive than he was last year.
  20. QUOTE (GreenSox @ Mar 15, 2015 -> 04:07 PM) I believe that there were 76 relievers in MLB that averaged at least a K per inning. The Sox had 1 - and that was Cleto in limited duty. (veal, too, in 6IP). The guys were young, so they can improve; but I also don't think we had many "must carry" on that staff last year. As for Crain, he hasn't pitched in nearly 2 years and is 34. Even if he does come back, at what level of effectiveness will he deliver? No one really knows at this point, but chances are extremely high that he'll be better than Belisario/Downs/Francisco/Veal/Snodgrass were last year.
  21. Putnam was filthy today. That's a good sign.
  22. QUOTE (dewssox79 @ Feb 16, 2015 -> 12:11 PM) Well I have always wanted SP Roark. Just so happens he maybe going to the pen. Such a waste of talent going to the pen. I'd love Roark as our #4. I don't know what it'd take to get him, but make it happen Mr. Rick Hahn. A rotation of Sale/Shark/Q/Roark/Danks is nice.
  23. QUOTE (Whitey @ Feb 13, 2015 -> 06:34 PM) This would be a great signing... Lets face it, Noesi is no slam dunk for next year. Neither is Danks for that matter.
  24. QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Feb 13, 2015 -> 03:22 PM) Another very nice move. I fully expect that one if not both of Crain & Albers could be key pieces for this bullpen moving through the season and providing stability for this pen. Can't beat these low risk/high reward moves. Brad Penny could be in the mix too. 100% agreed. These low risk/high reward signings are very nice.
  25. QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 08:22 PM) Fielding independent pitching, it's basically a better version of ERA. Thank you for clarifying.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.