Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ChiSoxFanMike

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ChiSoxFanMike

  1. QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 04:01 PM) Why does Robertson get a pass this season? He has been rather ordinary at best. I advocated trading him at the break and people laughed at me. In his defense, he hasn't had regular appearances so he can never develop a routine. But I get what you're saying. He's overpaid for what he is.
  2. QUOTE (Knackattack @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 04:00 PM) So with a lefty on the mound why didn't we just pinch run Beckham for Flowers and then PH Trayce for Saladino & Abreu for Micah? Because Robin uses his Magic 8 ball to manage rather than his brain.
  3. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 03:59 PM) Rob Brantley. I always forget about him. Dammit. On a related note, do any of you think that he has a chance to make the team next year? He hasn't been that bad so far.
  4. QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 03:58 PM) Jose Q with a great great performance. He knows how to pitch!!! Congratulations on another fine season, Mr. Q. ...yet he's still under .500 this season. He is the most unlucky pitcher I've ever seen.
  5. Another loss, another game closer to a top 10 pick. Bleh. I want to see a relevant Sox team in September for once.
  6. Pinch running for Flowers there makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. 1. That isn't the tying run. 2. If they do tie it and it goes to extras, who will catch? Soto is the DH today.
  7. I feel so bad for Quintana. He deserves better than this.
  8. Good lord. This team is bad. But it's probably for the best anyway.
  9. QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 03:35 PM) I mean, who can go to these games? I never understood why day games are scheduled during the week. The attendance will always be low because most people will be at work or school.
  10. QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 03:37 PM) You post like a scrub. That won't cut it for this board. That's the same thing, right?
  11. QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 03:24 PM) Whoever Tweeted that to Avi ... that's pretty funny cause you know he thought of that offensive tweet when he got owned on that last high fastball. He needs to get better, plain and simple. He's playing like a scrub right now and that won't cut it for next year.
  12. Avi strikes out again on a high fastball. What else is new?
  13. Quintana is so underrated. He consistently puts up solid numbers every start.
  14. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 02:56 PM) Chances are he sucks, but pre-2013 he was a top 22 prospect, and he plays a position of need, with, like you mentioned big power, another need. I don't understand why some are so upset he's playing in September. If his eye issues are being him, if his adjustments work out, he could be a huge find. If it doesn't work out, who cares, you paid him the minimum for a month to find out. He actually has made a few nice plays at 3B. Some of his throws have been a bit off. If you need his roster spot this winter, so be it, but if you don't, bring him the spring training as see what you have. It probably isn't much, the people not wanting him to play are probably correct that he won't be the White Sox starting 3B, but this is exactly the kind of guy who should be playing right now. This is a perfect post. I couldn't have said it any better myself. He's the typical scrap heap pickup, but he does have some upside still. I'm completely fine with them playing him everyday at this point. The team isn't in contention anyway, so they might as well see what he has and maybe he can be an impact player in the future.
  15. I might be in the minority, but I actually like Olt. His defense might be mediocre, but at least he has some pop, which this team desperately needs.
  16. QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 02:30 PM) He should block you. He doesn't know you. Anything the least bit negative I'd block people too if I were famous. I just thought a grown man wouldn't be so sensitive. That's it. It is what it is.
  17. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 12:18 PM) What if he learned not to swing at them? I think his walk rate, batting average, and on base percentage would all go up, while his strikeout rate would remain the same. But like a previous post said, I don't think it's possible for him to lay off those high ones.
  18. and don't get me wrong, I love Avi and I think that he still has a ton of potential. There are just a few things he could work on and he'd be a great player. Although I don't ever see him being elite if he can't hit a high fastball.
  19. QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 11:30 AM) Maybe he can't take criticism but you're the one whining on multiple mediums about how a person you don't know blocked you on twitter. Here's a little piece of advice too, if you're going to levy criticism at a player it's best not to do it in a reply to a tweet in which he is stating that his daughter is a blessing from God. Reading you're tweets on the subject, you are really the one that comes off looking bad here. You're right. It wasn't the appropriate time to post that. I apologize. But like I said, I wasn't trying to be mean or rude. I was trying to give him motivation to get better, but I guess that it didn't come off that way. I'm sorry.
  20. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 08:22 AM) What a jerk he is. You insult him and he blocks you. I didn't mean it in a bad way. It was something along the lines of "please learn how to hit a high fastball so you can become a star player". It wasn't rude at all. He just can't take criticism.
  21. He literally just blocked me on Twitter last night because I told him that he needs to learn how to hit a high fastball. Haha.
  22. QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 08:00 PM) Q is fantastic but I hope he's traded for the best package of bats the Sox can get. Unless they wanna package some prospects together(Not apposed to this as long as it isn't Anderson/Fulmer/Adams/Alvarez((yes I'm super high on Alvarez))) trading Q is the best way to get back the offense they need. This is my thought as well. There's already decent depth in the rotation even if he is traded. Sale/Rodon/Danks/Johnson/Someone else isn't too bad for next year and then Fulmer and one of Danish/Montas/Adams/Beck/etc in 2017 can replace Danks and the #5 guy.
  23. QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 06:59 PM) lol. Everything about this franchise is stale and old. Wheels are coming off everywhere including in the broadcast booth. Why the Sox continue to put up with Hawk's' poor health and inability to sit in the booth when the team sucks in September is beyond me. I guess like many loyal employees he's earned the right to fire himself from the ORG. They extended it to RV and KW, might as well extend it to Hawk. I wouldn't be opposed to gutting the entire organization from top to bottom except for Hawk, Sale, and Rodon. Sale is one the best in the game, so he can stay, Rodon has a ton of potential, and Hawk is an all-time legend that should be in the booth for however long he wants to. Everyone else can F off and I wouldn't care.
  24. QUOTE (DaveBrown85 @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 06:38 PM) Well im rooting hard that Jake Arrieta gets rocked tonight. Same here. And I'm very sad that Hawk won't be there tonight. It's just not the same without his wit and charm.
  25. Guppy f***ing sucks.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.