Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ChiSoxFanMike

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ChiSoxFanMike

  1. Let's score some runs today so Sale can get win #13! Go Sox!!!
  2. It just amuses me how most Cubs fans think that Sale isn't anything special, yet if he was on their team, he'd be beloved and hailed as the next Randy Johnson. It is what it is I guess, but it just amuses me how fickle most Cubs fans are. Arrieta could be horrible next year and they'd want his head chopped off.
  3. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 6, 2015 -> 11:12 PM) Who the hell said they'd take Arrieta over Sale long-term? Arrieta > Sale this year. That's all. Pretty much the entire Cubs fanbase on Twitter lol.
  4. I just laugh at the people that would take Arrieta over Sale for the future. Arrieta is having a slightly better season than Sale this year, but Sale is 3 years younger and far more accomplished in his career. To me, it isn't a debate. I'd much rather have Sale for the future all day every day.
  5. Petricka is terrible.
  6. QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 6, 2015 -> 02:50 PM) Based on? He has 12 as a leadoff guy. His job is to get on base, not hit homers, but he does anyway. There's no doubt in my mind that he'd be a 25+ homer guy if he tried to hit them out every at bat.
  7. Eaton could hit 25 homers if he hit cleanup.
  8. Nice AB Brantly.
  9. QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 6, 2015 -> 12:36 AM) We have a lot of potential SP prospects in the minors. Why can't we count on Johnson next year? The Sox wanted to count on Johnson last year, and it didn't work out. Why should next year be any different?
  10. QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Sep 5, 2015 -> 10:59 PM) News flash. This team is NOT competing next season. It's '17 at the earliest. You never know. Maybe they'll surprise us for once.
  11. QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Sep 5, 2015 -> 10:43 PM) We have good young arms. We got Q off the scrap heap. We can develop pitching. We've shown that. Good young arms? Who? Fulmer and Johnson? We can't count on either of them to be in the MLB rotation next year.
  12. QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Sep 5, 2015 -> 09:33 PM) Doesn't f***ing matter, we need impact bats. Q will get us that. So the Sox would have good hitting but no pitching? That's not a formula for success either.
  13. QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 5, 2015 -> 09:06 PM) Raise that trade stock Q! Would you really trade him though? Assuming he is dealt and Samardzija goes elsewhere, there's really no pitcher you can't count on behind Sale and Rodon. I mean Danks would be the #3 starter lol.
  14. QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 5, 2015 -> 04:34 PM) But his violent motion will make it impossible for him to pitch that long without undergoing multiple Tommy Johns! Lmao. Gotta love the naysayers.
  15. This thread is lit tonight.
  16. Why couldn't they have played like this in April?
  17. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 04:23 PM) He'd definitely go elsewhere if the White Sox did not make him a fair contract extension offer worth several hundred million dollars, assuming no major injuries. Whether the White Sox can offer him something that keeps him from hitting the market before the end of the 2019 season I don't know and won't guess. They'll be looking at a new TV contract in 2019, so if people are watching they'll have the money to afford him...but whether they'll be locked into other contracts or simply still not competitive is something I can't guess. Thanks for the response. I figure an extension is crucial if they want to lock him up very long term, as I don't see the Sox outbidding teams like the Yankees/Red Sox/Dodgers/Cubs/Etc if he hit the open market. I'm hoping that Sale would give the Sox a "hometown discount", but who knows if he actually would.
  18. Sale's current contract runs through 2019 with team option years for 2018 and 2019. Barring something catastrophic, those options will surely be picked up. However, after that, he is a free agent. My question is if you guys think that the Sox would pay him $200 million or whatever he'd want or if he'd leave and go elsewhere? It's a tough question, I know, but I'm just wondering what the Sox would do in that situation. I was thinking about it earlier today, and I was interested in knowing what you guys would think.
  19. I'm guessing KC will win 10-3.
  20. QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 03:39 PM) I really want to see Sale face our offense now (not on another team, just hypothetically), I wonder how he would do. I'm guessing that he's throw a complete game shutout with 16 or 17 K's. Especially if guys like Leury, Brantly, LaRoche, etc played.
  21. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 03:05 PM) At the rate he is going, I think he finishes the year. He has shown no signs of slowing down. That's actually a really good point. I think that he has gotten way better as the season has gone on. He's cut down on the walks and the hits, plus he's lowered his ERA. Hypothetically, if Sale was at like 295 or 296 K's on the last day of the season, would you bring him out of the bullpen to try to get to 300? There's reasons for both sides, but I'd say yes.
  22. QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 07:35 AM) This looks more like a prediction of how Keith will vote rather than a prediction of how the overall voting will turn out. Either way, it's nice to know that Sale will have at least one first place vote.
  23. QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 02:11 PM) Well that is about all that is left to entertain you when your (real) team sucks balls. This lol. I have Sale in one of my leagues too.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.