Everything posted by ChiSoxFanMike
-
9/15 vs Oakland A's
By perfect game, I meant implosion.
-
Ticket survey link?
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 06:15 PM) So a grown ass man can grab stretch Sale figures that kids could have? I hope your attempt fails. Are you serious? The stadium wouldn't be full anyway even with the free ticket promotion, and even if it was, who cares if an adult gets a figure? They aren't earmarked for kids only.
-
9/15 vs Oakland A's
I have a feeling in my balls that Samardzija is going to throw a perfect game tonight.
-
9/14 vs Oakland A's
QUOTE (Mike F. @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 07:41 PM) Gray really doesn't look that impressive at all. How is his ERA so low? It seems like Sale and him should have their ERA's switched. .......... Gray really doesn't look that good. I remember reading somewhere that the BABIP against him was really low, so perhaps luck has played a big role in his great season.
-
9/14 vs Oakland A's
Gray really doesn't look that impressive at all. How is his ERA so low? It seems like Sale and him should have their ERA's switched.
-
Chris Sale is the most bestest pitcher evar!
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 04:26 PM) He did think the Tigers were tipping his pitches in 2013. I guess it's possible. It has to be the case with the Twins. He must be doing something in his motion that gives away what pitch is coming. Hopefully Coop can work with him on that so it doesn't happen anymore.
-
Levine: Ozzie deserves to manage again
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 03:28 PM) Until Ventura quits on the team, no. He'll never quit. That's the issue.
-
2015 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 10:02 AM) People were questioning the thought of Sale having an ERA that would drop by 1-1.5 runs in the NL this year but explain then how these guys that moved to the AL have seen their ERA jump by 2 runs or more? Heck, take Sale out of the AL central alone (and away from the twins) and his ERA drops by a run. Exactly. That is why I disagree when everyone says that Sale is having a poor season. He's been exactly like he always has, the only difference is that the Twins own him this year and he's faced them 5 or 6 times already, which shot up his ERA. He'll be fine. We just have to hope that he can avoid Minnesota next year.
-
2015 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 10:34 PM) Remember when Cueto was considered one of the best pitchers in the NL the last few years? How's that working out for him in the AL? The same idea applies for Samardzija. The NL is a cakewalk to pitch in compared to the AL.
-
My/Your Off Season Plan
QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 09:08 PM) Our bullpen is not horrific. Bullpen SIERAs (best pitching peripheral, what your ERA should be): David Robertson: 1.97 Nate Jones: 2.02 Zach Putnam: 3.03 Zach Duke: 3.21 Dan Jennings: 3.31 Matt Albers: 3.39 Jake Petricka: 3.42 Webb has no business in the bullpen but that's a decent 7. As you say the defence blows and that coupled with some bad luck has meant some inflated ERAs. What is Sale's SIERA if you don't mind looking?
-
2015 MLB Catch-All Thread
That Cueto deal is going to end up biting KC in the ass long term. I love it.
-
Twins @ White Sox, 9/13/15
QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 04:33 PM) So is that coops job to figure what the hell he is doing? Yes. Now that I think about it, Sale would've still lost even if he only gave up one run. That makes me feel a little better.
-
Twins @ White Sox, 9/13/15
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 04:06 PM) There is no question in my mind Minnesota has figured out how Sale tips pitches. They must have, because no other team hits him as hard as they do.
-
Twins @ White Sox, 9/13/15
I would really like to see Sale paired up with Soto in his next start just to see what happens. A pitcher as good as he is should not be as bad as he has been pitching lately, and I think the blame has to partially be on Flowers for his pitch selection.
-
Twins @ White Sox, 9/13/15
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 01:31 PM) As of right now. 7.84 against the Twins, 2.62 against everyoen else. He'd be the Cy Young front runner if he didn't have to face the Twins...dammit. I'm serious when I say that they should never have him face the Twins again. He's always awful against them.
-
Twins @ White Sox, 9/13/15
What is his ERA this year in games he's pitched in besides the Twins?
-
Twins @ White Sox, 9/13/15
Let's go Sale!!!!!!
-
Twins at White Sox, 9/12/15
Olt has actually been pretty solid so far.
-
What would the Sox all time starting rotation look like?
QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 12, 2015 -> 04:48 PM) Hoyt Wilhelm pitched in relief not as a starter. As much as I love Sale I think it's too early to put him as in the all time elite group How many more years does Sale have to pitch at this level for him to make your top 5 Sox pitchers ever? We could also make two lists, the top 5 Sox pitchers from 1950 and earlier and the top 5 Sox pitchers since then. It might be easier that way, as it's hard to compare Sale to Walsh or Buehrle to Lyons, etc.
-
Amazing addition to my collection
Thanks all for the compliments! She just turned 13, and she recently finished up this piece. It's of my great grandmother Ida. The one on the left is the actual colorized picture, and the one on the right is her version of it. Thanks for reading and I hope you like it.
-
Well, it's that time of year again....2015 edition
QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 12, 2015 -> 10:20 AM) You? Really? Man, if they ever trade him, I'll worry for you. I would be depressed, but I'd root for him regardless of the team he's on. He's a great player, but more importantly, a class act off the field.
-
Well, it's that time of year again....2015 edition
I wouldn't mind if they lose every game the rest of the way except for when Sale starts.
-
What would the Sox all time starting rotation look like?
Yes, I was being sarcastic when I included Danks haha. He's not even close to being one of the best Sox pitchers ever.
-
9/11 vs Minnesota Twins
Putnam was awful tonight.
-
What would the Sox all time starting rotation look like?
I figured this could bring up a nice discussion. There have been many great pitchers that have pitched for the Sox, but I think these 5 would comprise my all time rotation in this order. 1. Ed Walsh 2. Chris Sale 3. Red Faber 4. Ted Lyons 5. Mark Buehrle There are a bunch of honorable mentions like Wilbur Wood, Eddie Cicotte, Billy Pierce, John Danks, etc, but what would your all time Sox rotation look like?