Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ChiSoxFanMike

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ChiSoxFanMike

  1. I still don't think the Sox would consider moving him right now unless the offer was absolutely too good to pass up.
  2. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 08:08 PM) By that theory alone, they should go with Viciedo over Garcia. I honestly wouldn't be opposed to that at this point. This team desperately needs some pop.
  3. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 07:59 PM) Couldn't believe Trayce was hitting third when I saw the line-up. Never would have predicted that before this season. Why exactly are we playing Olt and Beckham? We are playing him because he is capable of doing what he did just now 20 times a year.
  4. QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 06:32 PM) Another thing to consider is that there's a difference between scorched-earth rebuilding and general rebuilding. You can rebuild without blowing everything up, which is what I think we should do for next season. It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other. Isn't that what the Sox tried to do this year, and the year before that, and the year before that? We all know how that plan worked out.
  5. Carlos Rodon is a stud. That is all.
  6. QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 05:44 PM) So different sites have their own variables they take into account when factoring WAR? If so, that's even more confusing to me. Yes. That's why I'm not a huge fan of sabermetric statistics. They're so subjective. Stats like wins, losses, walks, strikeouts, ERA, K/BB ratio, etc are concrete and will always be the same no matter that website you're on. Sabermetric stats aren't. I guess I'm more of a traditionalist myself, but I just can't get behind supporting sabermetric stats until there is a clear way to make and evaluate them without there being a gray area.
  7. QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 05:01 PM) thanks for the update. can he make that 3000 k mark?? 3000 K? Do you mean 300 K's for this season? If so, no. He'll likely end up in the 273-277 range.
  8. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 03:29 PM) Check both fangraphs war and baseball-reference war. Sale looks spectacular on Fangraphs. Baseball-Reference WAR means nothing to me honestly. Guys like Yovani Gallardo, Jake Odorizzi, Cole Hamels, etc all have a better WAR than Sale even though their stats are definitely not as good. WAR as a stat really shouldn't hold as much credence just for the fact that it is so subjective. There is no right way to calculate it.
  9. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 03:12 PM) The Cubs wouldn't have even taken Schwarber if Rodon had been on the board at their pick. That's what I said a few posts up. There is no doubt in my mind that they would've preferred Rodon. Unfortunately, Schwarber worked out for them too.
  10. QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 02:55 PM) I don't understand the "hindsight" comments either. Even with hindsight we still take Rodon over Schwarber. Exactly. I think that the Cubs would prefer to have Rodon over Schwarber even to this day. Their offense would survive without Schwarber and Rodon would make their rotation much better.
  11. Hindsight is a beautiful thing. There would've been a ton of criticism and hoopla at that time if the Sox had taken Schwarber 3rd overall with Rodon still on the board. Then Carlos surely would've been picked by the Cubs right after that. If that happened, their rotation right now would be Arrieta/Lester/Rodon/Hammel/Hendricks We should be happy that we got Rodon just because they don't have him.
  12. QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 01:44 PM) 1 start wouldn't shut anyone up. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, but it annoys me to no end how many people think that Arrieta is a better pitcher overall after one great season. It's like they completely ignore what Sale has done for the past few years.
  13. QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 01:32 PM) What if he falls apart but the Cubs light up Cole and win anyway? I would still be depressed, but that would be easier to handle because it would at least shut up the people that say that Arrieta is better than Sale.
  14. Nothing would make me happier than to see Arrieta fall apart in the Wild Card game.
  15. I'm guessing the Seahawks will win 45 to 7, with the Bears only touchdown coming in garbage time in the 4th quarter. This game will be ugly.
  16. QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 12:30 PM) 16, and 6'3. Was supposed to be 5'10/5'11. I'm definitely not as muscular as this guy though My point is, there are definitely 16 year old kids out there who are close to, at, or above his height/weight, with myself being an example. This kids height isn't that surprising, but I was referring more to his muscular stature than anything else. The guy is ripped. Even the most muscular kids I know aren't like that.
  17. QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 12:19 PM) Yup. Hell, I'm this guy's age and I'm taller than him. I don't doubt him being 16. How tall are you? I'm 16, almost 17 and I'm only 5'9" ish. There's a few really tall kids that I know, but none of them are that muscular.
  18. QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 11:28 AM) Back on topic. If the Sox traded Sale to the Dodgers, I'd ask for Puig, Urias, and Barnes. I still would be hesitant on that deal. Seager is a must for me as well if Sale were to be moved. That kid is a stud.
  19. QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 11:26 AM) What about Christian Villanueva? He's a Cubs 3B prospect that no none talks about anymore but is having a solid season with 20 homers, ~.750 ops. Probably wouldn't cost anything relevant or maybe he is Rule 5 eligible this off-season and we can snag him that way (if he's not already on the 40-man roster). I'd trade Beck or another fringy pitching prospect for him. They need pitching, the Sox need hitting. It would help both sides.
  20. Sale is officially over 1,000 K's in his career, as he now has 1,004 total after last nights start. He is now 34.67% of the way there to 3,000 K's for his career, and he's not even 27 years old yet. Pretty impressive IMO.
  21. Eaton has been very good in a Sox uniform and is one of the only guys to earn his keep in my opinion. If I'm Hahn, the only guys that are in the lineup right now and are a lock to be starters next year are Eaton, Abreu, Melky, and maybe Alexei if he gives the Sox a discount. Everyone else should be on the hot seat as far as their spot in the lineup next year. You can't win games with only 3 or 4 good hitters.
  22. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 10:21 AM) If they trade both Sale and Quintana they might as well move the entire organization with them. Imagine how bad the attendance would be if they did blow everything up? It's not good now (15,000 or so a game I think), and that's with stars like Sale, Abreu, etc still on the team. If those guys left, I wouldn't be surprised if the attendance went under 10,000 a game. They'd have to give away tickets most likely.
  23. QUOTE (shakes @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 08:41 AM) To be blunt....who cares? What Sale wants isn't going to drive what the Sox should do, and if it does they have the wrong people in charge. Whether or not Sale wins in his career should be about #500 on the list of priorities for how the Sox approach their future. Honestly, it is probably time to consider trading him. They have so many holes that can't be filled by their farm that FA is the only way and I think the front office has proven, time and again, they are not good enough to do it through FA. People are saying trading Sale is the nuclear option. Nope, trade Sale and Q. That is the nuclear option and I really think they should consider it. They are that far away right now. Teams like LAD, Boston, Cubs, Rangers are all contending, have deep farms, and are looking for pitching. Take advantage of it. Developing pitching is the one thing they are good at, but I see no other way they are going to fill 5-6 holes in position players. If they trade both Sale and Quintana, then there is no reason to keep guys like Abreu, Eaton, etc either. In other words, if Sale and Q are both traded, then the Sox would have to blow everything up and start from scratch. I'd keep Rodon, Fulmer, and Anderson if they got to that point, but everyone else would be available.
  24. Sale is a once in a generation type talent and I am proud that he is a member of the White Sox. Now please surround him with better talent so that he can be in the postseason in a White Sox uniform.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.