Everything posted by OmarComing25
-
Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets
Nats did a great job upping the price.
-
Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets
When he opts out I hope we don't have another 400 page thread next year too...
-
Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets
QUOTE (Special K @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 06:47 PM) Dick was right. I just notice that he defends sox brass staunchly. The organization is struggling right now. If it's all KW, then JR needs to fire him or sell. We're in the 3rd largest city in the country and 0 playoff appearances in 8 years is pathetic. I agree with you, and I wish KW had been put out to pasture already, but I don't mind calling out weak criticism when it's warranted either.
-
Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets
QUOTE (Special K @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 06:15 PM) Dick is a staunch defender of sox brass. Any criticisms you have about the organization? They haven't made the playoffs in almost a decade. Somewhere in that organization something is going wrong, whether it be manager, front office or players. But even if you lay all blame on players, that's still a reflection on how selected them. Was anything Dick said wrong? Lip said no changes have been made and Dick listed several. He said there's no accountability for the players yet there's no position player remaining from Opening Day 2013. There are plenty of criticisms to be had for the Sox brass, but not cutting LaRoche "long ago" is not one of them. That seems like a major reach. There's nothing wrong with criticism, but at least be right when you do it.
-
Don Cooper At It Again?...
QUOTE (captain54 @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 03:28 PM) For the record, and for those willing to spout an opinion (funny how people have opinions about everything, even "non-issues") without knowing what really happened with all of this… the Sox got wind of all the Cooper FB stuff and told him to shut it down.. if it was a non issue and inconsequential, why did they intervene? You're literally the only poster on this board who cares about this, that should be a sign of how much of a non-issue it is.
-
White Sox interested in SS Ian Desmond
I know a lot of these guys won't stick at SS, but in addition to a lot of teams seemingly "set" at the position right now, 20 of the top 100 prospects in baseball are SS according to MLB.com. Anderson is rated #38 overall but is the 13th best SS prospect. Last year was the first year I really started following prospects, so is that normal or is SS just a really deep position right now?
-
White Sox interested in SS Ian Desmond
QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 01:00 PM) That's what I was thinking and who even needs a shortstop? I just went through all 29 teams and couldn't find one team. Diamondbacks?
-
White Sox interested in SS Ian Desmond
QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 12:57 PM) Okay. Thanks. I could like the idea provided he's cheap. And based on what you've been saying, he could be relatively cheap. With the lack of contending teams needing a SS and the QO attached, the chances for getting him relatively cheap are high.
-
Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets
Sox were criticized in the recent past for sticking with Beckham and Viciedo for too long. I hope they've learned their lesson with Garcia. He's shown nothing positive so far aside from his arm.
-
How much did Rick Hahn improve the catching position?
QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 10:23 AM) I am hoping the Sox have Navarro at DH and Avila behind the plate (and LaRoche very far away from the team) for much of the season. Not going to happen unless we grab a third catcher for the bench.
-
Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets
Someone did a breakdown of all the "impact bats" signed in FA since 2010. Yellow means they were traded during the course of the contract. Green means they lived up to the contract. Looks like he combined all of Cruz's contracts together. Doesn't look good outside of a few.
-
Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets
QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 09:51 AM) "White Sox Likely Next to Undergo Full-Blown Fire Sale" via http://TeamStre.am by Bleacher Report http://teamstre.am/1VdCgTI He lists Avi as our second best trade chip after Quintana. Seriously.
-
Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets
QUOTE (CB2.0 @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 09:31 AM) The Nats offer is supposedly pretty close to it. If it's a Scherzer-type deal with a lot of deferred money as rumored, then it's actually not that close to it.
-
Albers resigns with White Sox
Don't forget we also have Tommy Kahnle too, who aside from a brutal week in mid-August was mostly solid the rest of the year.
-
Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets
QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 09:20 AM) I know, and it may turn out that this will be the actual market for the guy, a contract in the 3-4 year range. It's just with the backdrop of Heyward getting an eight year deal, Upton a five year, and Gordon four years, that this "Three year contract - take it or leave it" approach is simply not being competitive in the current market. I want the Sox to get Cespedes. I think he makes a whole lot of sense for the Sox and fulfills a few key needs. Maybe they'll get him under a three year deal, in which case, great, if they can get it done that way. But if someone else snaps him up for five years while we're standing there waving a three year deal in the air, well, I don't think that's going to look very good at all. If he ends up taking a guaranteed 5 year deal in the $110-120 million range, then I don't think the Sox would look bad for refusing to go that high. Cespedes is not good enough to warrant that.
-
Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets
If we don't get him, fine, but please just get someone to replace Garcia.
-
Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets
QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 07:37 PM) I've been out most of the afternoon. Have I missed anything or still the same? Nothing really new except for Rosenthal going from saying the Nats have offered 5 years to saying it "could be 5 years".
-
Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets
It does seem odd that if the Sox and Mets are holding firm at 3 years and the Nationals are guaranteeing him 5 that he hasn't signed already.
-
Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets
QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 02:20 PM) I meant the Sox The Sox never said anything. Bob Nightengale said it.
-
Dexter Fowler as a secondary option
QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 01:52 PM) Desmond's WRC+ in 2015 was 83. His fWAR was 1.7. Saladino only projects to be in the 0.0-0.5 range, but that's too steep a price to pay for a marginal upgrade. Fowler had a WRC+ of 110 and a fWAR of 3.2. Much more bang for your buck. So we're just going to assume every player repeats their previous season's performance? Would have been wonderful if we could have banked on that last year in regards to Samardzija, LaRoche, Melky and Alexei (and even Abreu). The previous three seasons prior to 2015 Desmond was the far better player than Fowler.
-
Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets
No matter where he signs just please sign by tonight.
-
1B/OF Steve Pearce to the Rays
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 01:26 PM) He hit .218 last year. No reason to be upset that we didn't sign him, unless for AAA He also has 36 HR in his last 682 PA, is projected for 2 WAR by Steamer for 2016, and could have been had cheaply. He had a very low BABIP in 2015 that was likely to improve. Decent buy-low candidate.
-
Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets
If he signs with the Nats, which fanbase will react worse, Sox or Mets?
-
Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets
The guy's a broken record at this point. I still don't buy it though.
-
Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets
QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 04:48 PM) https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/cespedes-may-b...ision/162264320 Journalistic equivalent of "I feel like something is going to happen today".