Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OmarComing25

Forum Moderator
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by OmarComing25

  1. QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 12:47 PM) Gut feeling is the replacement for Gonzalez comes outside the org I think I'd rather have Gonzalez in the rotation than Latos at this point.
  2. QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 12:33 PM) Disagree, let him swing 3-0 and get a meatball and hopefully he bombs one and gets some confidence. Completely agree, perfect time to let him swing and try and get out of the funk.
  3. I've come around to liking LeBron again since he went back to Cleveland. I'm with J4L, he deserves better than a 2-5 Finals record.
  4. QUOTE (ron883 @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 12:14 AM) Hate to say it, but I told you all so. I don't want him to fail, I could just tell by how poorly he looked. Abreu has been pure trash this year. Yeah sure, you "hate to say it". No one's buying what you're selling, troll. The only thing that's trash here is your posting.
  5. QUOTE (reiks12 @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 12:31 AM) OK how do you ignore someone? Go to My Controls in the top right and under Options on the lower left side click on Manage Ignored Users.
  6. QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ May 31, 2016 -> 02:40 PM) I'm sorry but that is such a ludicrous viewpoint to have as a fan. It's one thing to be willing to lose late in the season so changes are made or a better draft pick is to be had but it is f***ing May 31 and they are just 2 games back despite losing 7 in a row. I swear some of you people like to see them fail just so you have something to whine about and it really makes it a chore to even visit this board at times. Pretty much exactly why I've avoided this board like the plague this past week. I understand people being upset with the recent play (I am too), but this board just becomes a cesspool of whining and despair in times like this, and that makes for a s***ty board experience, especially since the crowd of "I told you so" posters that seem to take some kind of twisted pleasure in seeing the Sox lose often take over.
  7. QUOTE (SoCalSox @ May 24, 2016 -> 07:50 PM) Ramirez with another long at-bat... Already vaulting up the list of my most hated players. He's a pest.
  8. QUOTE (SoCalSox @ May 24, 2016 -> 07:44 PM) Tomlin has very good stuff tonight, too. He's painting the black very well.
  9. QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ May 24, 2016 -> 07:40 PM) Avi 2 for his last 17 (2 singles), with 0 walks and 6 strikeouts, quietly hitting below league average once again (97 wRC+) He was doing well because he was putting the ball in the air. He stopped doing that. He has a 75% groundball rate the past couple weeks.
  10. Both those pitches were just out of the zone.
  11. How about a flyball Avi, it's been awhile.
  12. QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 24, 2016 -> 11:12 AM) http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/15688193...young-candidate LOL, wow. All I have to say about this piece. I don't care if it's petty, calling him "Chicago's Other Ace" when he was the first one is offensive and stupid.
  13. QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ May 24, 2016 -> 09:45 AM) Agreed. Time to let Navarro take 80% of the ABs. Avila can catch Sale and thats it IMO. The dude's only plan at the plate is to walk, and if that doesn't work, he's pretty much an automatic out. His ABs are hideous. At least let Avila catch Rodon, Navarro has rated as easily the worst pitch framer in baseball this year, I think he's played a big role in Rodon's struggles this season.
  14. QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ May 24, 2016 -> 09:46 AM) Must win game for the Sox IMO. The shot of Kluber shutting down the offense tomorrow is pretty high, so they need to win this one for sure. The Sox have hit Kluber well, especially Abreu, who has dominated him. Maybe (hopefully) Abreu can get start to get back on track with him. Kluber's velocity is down this year, and his fastball was already pretty mediocre before that happened. Despite this, fastball usage is way up this year for him, so he's been getting hit around a bit more.
  15. QUOTE (Tex @ May 24, 2016 -> 10:03 AM) I see them as an 88 win team talent wise (preseason prediction). I believe at the time I made the original post they were on pace to win 95 to 100 games. I didn't think I was calling them a terrible baseball team, at least that is not my opinion. I just believe they would be overachieving to win 95 games and they would need everything to fall in place. You believe they have the talent to win 95 wins. I hope you are correct. But out of 78 votes in the pre season prediction thread, 4 people had them winning more than 94 games. You had them at 84 games in that same thread. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=98487 Wait a minute, if you see them as an 88-win team talent wise then why would they need everything to go right to make the playoffs? I don't actually believe they are a 95-win team, I believe they're an 83-85 win team, but with the good start and the ability to add someone through trade at the deadline I see no reason why they can't win 87-91, which should put them right there for a playoff spot. I think I just have a problem with people misusing "regression to the mean". If you expect a guy to hit .250, if he's hitting .300 at the halfway point you don't expect him to hit .200 in the second half to make up for his overperformance, you still expect him to hit .250 and finish the season at .275. Same logic here. If you think the Sox are an 84 win team, but through 7 weeks they're playing at a 95-win pace, you don't expect the team to play below 84-win pace the rest of the year to get to that number, that doesn't make sense. You now adjust the expected wins upwards (in this case an 84 win pace the rest of the season means 87 wins), unless you see something that makes you think they're no longer an 84-win team like you thought.
  16. QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ May 23, 2016 -> 09:09 PM) Why is Cody Anderson dominating the White Sox? His velocity is up and he has control of his curveball.
  17. Avi back to not lifting the ball. Hasn't hit a flyball in weeks.
  18. Sucks that we have to cheer against him now. Happy that he has multiple rings though. Always liked him.
  19. Nice positioning! Good job not melting down after the double.
  20. C'mon Uribe be a bro and get out.
  21. QUOTE (Special K @ May 23, 2016 -> 08:46 PM) I think you are missing his point, which is that this team is outperforming what they were expected to do. Very few, if any, would have predicted the Sox to be in first place at this point. That fact that we keep out performing with an under performing DH gives me and probably other pause, as odds are the team will begin to suffer on offense with a hole at such a crucial position in the lineup. No I get his point just fine. He claims everything is going right, and that is patently false. And even if they have over performed, those wins are already in the bank. Even if you think the Sox are just a .500 team, that means you now expect them to win 85-86 games, which was enough for a playoff spot last year.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.