2016 Fantasy Football Thread

SnB

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Sep 23, 2016 -> 02:39 PM)
I got offered Jarvis Landry for Latavius Murray. Hmm...no idea what to do here. Non-PPR league, but my team is already WR heavy with Hopkins, Decker, Baldwin, Fuller, Wallace. And my RBs are Murray, Gordon, Crowell, Bernard, Asiata.

Or should I do the deal, and then try to trade Hopkins for an RB1? So my top 2 WR would be Landry/Decker. And my top 2 RB would be something like David Johnson/Elliot/some other top RB and then Gordon with Crowell/Baldwin as my flex options?

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Sep 23, 2016 -> 02:40 PM)
Or should I try to expand the trade to something like Hopkins and Murray for Landry and LeVeon Bell?

I'm a huge fan of Landry as I think Murray is too inconsistent. You are heavy with WRs though, but I think the Hopkins for Bell is not a good deal for you. Williams has been really good for the Steelers, so I don't think Bell will get a huge workload when he comes back. I'd target Elliot, Johnson for Hopkins

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 23, 2016 -> 02:43 PM)
I'm a huge fan of Landry as I think Murray is too inconsistent. You are heavy with WRs though, but I think the Hopkins for Bell is not a good deal for you. Williams has been really good for the Steelers, so I don't think Bell will get a huge workload when he comes back. I'd target Elliot, Johnson for Hopkins

He's healthy. At worst he gets 75% of the work load. Bell is probably the best RB in the NFL.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 23, 2016 -> 02:50 PM)
Very well could be, but Williams has been really, really good in his absence. Was last year too.

You're crazy... In the two games Williams started in Bells absence to start last season he got 41 carries for 204 yards and 3 TDs.. he looked great.. What happened when Bell came back? The very first game, 1 carry..

He didn't have a single game with more than 5 carries until Bell got hurt again..

If you own DeAngelo Williams you need to drop him after this week. He will not be fantasy relevant as long as Bell is playing

QUOTE (TRU @ Sep 23, 2016 -> 08:06 PM)
You're crazy... In the two games Williams started in Bells absence to start last season he got 41 carries for 204 yards and 3 TDs.. he looked great.. What happened when Bell came back? The very first game, 1 carry..

He didn't have a single game with more than 5 carries until Bell got hurt again..

If you own DeAngelo Williams you need to drop him after this week. He will not be fantasy relevant as long as Bell is playing

Exactly. Said it in my other post. He will be a thing of the past. Love him for doing me a solid, but it is Bell's backfield. Only hope is if Bell gets injured.

I need a RB also when Bell comes back. I honestly think Jordan Howard will be the guy to own soon. Langford is slowly losing his job. Either him or wait until Dion Lewis comes back later in the year.

Edited by SoxAce

I contacted the owners of David Johnson and Ezekiel Elliot. Johnson's owner saw my message, didn't reply. Elliot owner said he would wait until after Dallas's game this week to decide.

I'm thinking maybe I should just do the Murray/Landry swap and then worry about moving Hopkins during the week? Worst case scenario, I roll in to next week with Melvin Gordon and Crowell as my RB1 and RB2, with my WR as Hopkins/Landry and Decker flex.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 24, 2016 -> 09:19 AM)
While Williams isn't playable once Bell comes back like you guys are saying, I won't go as far as saying he has no value. I own both Bell and Williams in a 12 man PPR and I will be keeping Williams on my bench for the duration of the year unless I suffer serious injuries/desperation. Williams is the absolute best handcuff in football. If you own both of them, you can be sure you have an RB1 play every week. That's a huge advantage in today's day and age. My point being, Williams will not even have flex value on a week to week basis, but he certainly still has value. If Bell doesn't wake up for his drug test you're still set at RB1.

I agree with this, Williams is a must stash on your bench. Bell is definitely RB1 when he's back but he's coming off a knee injury and if he has trouble finding a groove Steelers might get impatient and go to what works sooner than later.

You shouldnt really be stashing anymore.. bye weeks are about to start so there are gonna be decisions to make.. if you can survive leaving dead weight on your bench then sure your points are very valid. Youre gonna be in trouble more often than not keeping the "Well I just need an injury" players on your bench in the coming weeks. If you play the waiver wire smart and maintain a high claim you will be in good shape anyway should injury/suspension occur.

Most of my leagues are 5 player benches and one with a 4 man bench.. Its difficult keeping Bell and Gordon in a few leagues already

QUOTE (staxx @ Sep 25, 2016 -> 09:49 AM)
Philip Dorsett, Allen Hurns, or Devante Parker

Need 1 for WR slot.

That is a tough call, but I would actually go Dorsett. Parker is questionable and I don't trust Miami's offense and Hurns is going against the Ravens pass defense. Dorsett is the team leading receiver in terms of yardage.

I got f***ing smoked, so playing Gronk didn't come back to hurt me at all.

However, the two trades I had lined up (Murray for Landry) and possibly (Hopkins for Elliot) have both become a lot more uncertain after Hopkins had a bad game, and Murray only had a decent game because he had a 22-yard TD run. Landry had 120 yards and a TD, and Elliot rushed for 140 yards. Both guys wanted to wait until the games today to decide on the trades, so now I'm pretty worried.

I guess my FanDuel teams fit this thread, but with just Monday night to go, I am winning money in both of my $2 entries. One of them I am not confident in holding on to, but the other one I got a nice 20 pt cushion thanks to me being shrewed. I took Prescott and Bailey on both teams, but I took Beasley on the one that scored higher tonight.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Sep 26, 2016 -> 02:32 AM)
I guess my FanDuel teams fit this thread, but with just Monday night to go, I am winning money in both of my $2 entries. One of them I am not confident in holding on to, but the other one I got a nice 20 pt cushion thanks to me being shrewed. I took Prescott and Bailey on both teams, but I took Beasley on the one that scored higher tonight.

I hate pulling a spelling police move, but I seriously can't help myself with this one.