NLCS: Cubs vs Dodgers

Panerista

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 02:11 PM)
I dont think this is true. I think they will look at it as the next step. They will see that they have progressed further in the playoffs each of the last two years and then next year is when it finally happens. If they lose to the Dodgers I think they would feel much more defeated.

Yeah, the earlier the better.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 05:14 PM)
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/page/playo...ge-knotted-nlcs

Found this quote from a scout interesting:

"They won't beat Kershaw," he said, unequivocally. "And I think they will struggle again with Hill. Anyone who pitches in and changes speeds will have success against the Cubs right now. Any kind of downer breaking ball destroys them."

Hope it wasn't a White Sox scout. Those guys blow. Evidence is the Central Division killing us.

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 08:11 PM)
I dont think this is true. I think they will look at it as the next step. They will see that they have progressed further in the playoffs each of the last two years and then next year is when it finally happens. If they lose to the Dodgers I think they would feel much more defeated.

Yes. If the Cubs make the WS it's a great season for them. NL champs. Another step. Not making the WS? Huge disappointment and some concern (still) that they'll ever get it done. s*** can happen. I go back to the Tigers dynasty that never occurred.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 07:40 PM)
Stupid Fail by the Dodgers not tun run on lester in the first inning, cost them at least one run.

They completely wasted Turner's at bat because he was more thrown out of wack than Lester was.

The announcers are right, you have to actually run.