NLCS: Cubs vs Dodgers

Panerista

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 08:45 AM)
I'm back in the northern burbs. It doesn't bother me as much as others in here. There are a handful of friends who congratulated me in 05 and I'll do the same if they win.

We also lost a family friend, who was a Cubs die hard, 2 days ago to cancer. I was hoping she'd make it a couple more weeks in case they won it all but she didn't, so I'll be happy for her if they do.

And then there are the annoying people on facebook who think Rizzo apologizing to the ump was a great moment in sports.

I hear you. Sorry about your friend. I would be happy for many of my cub friends also who don't annoy me and the little old lady who never seen a win. Bandwagon fans make it hard for me to be happy for them.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 09:09 AM)
I hear you. Sorry about your friend. I would be happy for many of my cub friends also who don't annoy me and the little old lady who never seen a win. Bandwagon fans make it hard for me to be happy for them.

Well said. My grandpa's best friend has been a Cubs fan for over 65 years. I'll be happy for people like him. The bandwagoners? Not so much.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 09:53 AM)
Well said. My grandpa's best friend has been a Cubs fan for over 65 years. I'll be happy for people like him. The bandwagoners? Not so much.

Thanks. My grandpa who died in 1998 was a big cubs fan. Used to take me to games in the 80's and i have fond memories with him. I know he is smiling down from heaven.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 05:28 AM)
Everyone seems to assume that Kershaw on short rest is a guaranteed 7 inning shut out. No way, even he can struggle a bit, especially when he's not fully rested. This way they have their two best starters going, fully rested and ready to roll. Not much else to ask for, especially with all their offensive struggles.

The game yesterday was 3-1 after 7 innings, Kershaw probably would have left with a similar result. Then they forgot how to play fundamental baseball. Roberts maybe could have brought in Jansen before the wheels completely off in the 8th.

Not only that, but I would rather have Kershaw pitch in Wrigley, where he has already dominated the Cubs once, then to have Maeda pitch in Wrigley. You'd prefer to have your guys that aren't on top of their games pitching in a friendly home environment, not one in which they are going to face further adversity.

I actually like the Dodgers' chances. The Cubs looked absolutely dreadful against Kershaw and Hill. Not sure why all of a sudden they'd figure these two out. Hopefully the Dodgers bats somewhat come to life.

Imagine if they get shut down once again tomorrow. I think the pressure would be on them once again to not choke it away and I could see them pressing on Sunday and blow it.

The Cubs smell blood in the water and will eventually get the knockout blow. The fact everyone is banking on Kershaw, including the Dodgers, makes me think he will give up some runs on Saturday and the Cubs will win the pennant.

How do the Cubs match up with Cleveland?

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 05:21 PM)
Dodgers offense is terrible as was the Giants. There is no real threat right now in that lineup against he cub pitching.

Maybe the cub pitching is just that good.

Kershaw had to throw 7 innings of shut outball to get the win.

Exactly. Dodgers are an inferior opponent and Cubs win. It would take just what Harry says. And if it 'somehow' went game 7, no way in hell the Cubs would lose to an Independent League pitcher in Hill. They would bash him. Kershaw the best pitcher in the game? I disagree. Face facts. Like we all suspected from the regular season runaway, it's the Cubs year. The Giants and Dodgers players are 1/3 as good as the Cubs. Rizzo is this year's Hosmer; Bryant is arguably the best hitter around and the Cubs defense and bullpen and starters are amazing. The parade is coming soon.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 01:17 PM)
Exactly. Dodgers are an inferior opponent and Cubs win. It would take just what Harry says. And if it 'somehow' went game 7, no way in hell the Cubs would lose to an Independent League pitcher in Hill. They would bash him. Kershaw the best pitcher in the game? I disagree. Face facts. Like we all suspected from the regular season runaway, it's the Cubs year. The Giants and Dodgers players are 1/3 as good as the Cubs. Rizzo is this year's Hosmer; Bryant is arguably the best hitter around and the Cubs defense and bullpen and starters are amazing. The parade is coming soon.

If greg isn't trolling here I just kind of feel bad at this point.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 01:22 PM)
If greg isn't trolling here I just kind of feel bad at this point.

He is just using reverse psychology.

On paper cubs will be lucky to get more than 2 runs each game.

Thing is, Dodgers will also be lucky to get more than 2 runs each game.

Thus go with the better team which is without a doubt the cubs.

The bigger question, how many of the cubs thongs has MLB sold?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 01:17 PM)

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Rich Hill has made fools of opponents this year.

And Kershaw was on pace for one of the greatest single seasons by a pitcher ever if he hadn't been sidelined with injuries. Kershaw could very well go down in history as a Top 5 pitcher if he pitches to form for a few more years.

If he hadn't missed time he'd be getting his second MVP and fourth Cy Young.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 08:08 PM)
AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Rich Hill has made fools of opponents this year.

And Kershaw was on pace for one of the greatest single seasons by a pitcher ever if he hadn't been sidelined with injuries. Kershaw could very well go down in history as a Top 5 pitcher if he pitches to form for a few more years.

If he hadn't missed time he'd be getting his second MVP and fourth Cy Young.

I thought the NL was so inferior numbers can't even be trusted.