NLCS: Cubs vs Dodgers

Panerista

QUOTE (SpankyEaton @ Oct 22, 2016 -> 08:46 PM)
I mean, it should work, right? Wish they'd start the rebuild and get bad before they get good. Maybe when JR dies...I can't imagine how he thinks he could possibly win im the next decade with the current philosophy.

JR and the sox have a plan. Sprinkle a few changes across the team. Hope for regression from the rest of the division, over achieve and sneak into the playoffs and let Sale and Quintana run wild.

Now the same methodology was used by Clark Griswald in his gambling plan in Vegas. That worked out well.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Oct 22, 2016 -> 08:44 PM)
Huh? Yea I agree they aren't as good as the Red Sox offense and slightly better than the Toronto offense. So yea I guess they are a completely different animal.

This Cubs team has no weaknesses. They are a wrecking ball and have been all year. I hope I'm wrong, but I will be very surprised if the series even makes it back to Cleveland for a game 6.

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Oct 22, 2016 -> 09:09 PM)
This Cubs team has no weaknesses. They are a wrecking ball and have been all year. I hope I'm wrong, but I will be very surprised if the series even makes it back to Cleveland for a game 6.

This isn't basketball. Anything can happen.

I'll say Cubs in 6, but I'm not convinced this is a one sided affair.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Oct 22, 2016 -> 09:14 PM)
Maybe it's a plus for Cleveland that Arrieta starts 2 (possibly 3) games?

This will be the first time all postseason that the other teams' ace has matched up with Lester starts. Those games aren't certain wins when he's opposing a pitcher like Kluber.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Oct 22, 2016 -> 09:17 PM)
This will be the first time all postseason that the other teams' ace has matched up with Lester starts. Those games aren't certain wins when he's opposing a pitcher like Kluber.

That still puts the Cubs at an advantage, though. The rest of the Cubs staff is much better.

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Oct 23, 2016 -> 01:27 AM)
Why didn't the Dodgers pitch Kershaw in game 5 again? They really thought they were gonna come into Wrigley and completely shut down the Cubs bats for two straight games?

That's when I knew the series was over. Dodgers played it way too passively. You can't underestimate this Cubs team which they did and the Giants did. The Cubs roster is so much better than anybody else's this postseason. Dodgers conceded the series by holding Kershaw for Game Six. There was a slight chance he'd have won Game Five and made it 3-2 LA.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Oct 23, 2016 -> 02:38 AM)
Seriously, where have the last ten years gone?

I'd have never guessed we wouldn't make the playoffs once since our WS title. It's truly hard to believe.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Oct 22, 2016 -> 09:17 PM)

It's not gonna matter in my opinion. Lester is the best pitcher in baseball right now. Pretty much a guaranteed victory for the Cubs every time he steps on the bump.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 22, 2016 -> 09:19 PM)
I'd have never guessed we wouldn't make the playoffs once since our WS title. It's truly hard to believe.

That 06 team was special, too. After 07, I knew we were pretty much hosed. 08 was nice, but we won a silly coin flip in what probably should have been a road game.

Then nothing. I'm happy for the Cubs, but it makes me so much angrier at the White Sox.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 22, 2016 -> 09:19 PM)
That's when I knew the series was over. Dodgers played it way too passively. You can't underestimate this Cubs team which they did and the Giants did. The Cubs roster is so much better than anybody else's this postseason. Dodgers conceded the series by holding Kershaw for Game Six. There was a slight chance he'd have won Game Five and made it 3-2 LA.

They did, 2008.

So if you are an announcer on the Cubs radio or national TV here, how do you handle the final out??

I really hope they don't mention the Billy Goat or the curse.

So predict it, folks. The call of the final out: "Strike three. The curse is over. The Cubs are in the World Series!"

Or "What curse? The Cubs win the National League pennant!"

Finally ... "The Billy Goat curse has been put to rest! Cubs win the pennant!"

Or Billy Coat curse? Baaaaaaaaaa Humbug! Cubs win the NL pennant!"

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Oct 22, 2016 -> 09:20 PM)
I'm not sure it is if Arrieta continues to pitch like second half Jake

lol. Are you serious man? The Cubs starting four is lights years better than the Indians starting four. The Cubs have 3 legitimate aces in their rotation.