NLCS: Cubs vs Dodgers

Panerista

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Oct 22, 2016 -> 09:34 PM)
Did you take the Indians to win the pennant? I did. I also took them to win the World Series back in August. Have texts to prove it, not that you would believe me anyway.

Can't wait for Andrew Miller to make this Cubs lineup look like a bunch of little leaguers. It's going to be delightful.

Lol. Andrew Miller is just one guy and this isn't basketball. The tribe have no chance.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 23, 2016 -> 03:39 AM)
Truly think it means very little if they don't win it all

Fathom. It can't be stopped. They are going to beat Cleveland. And just making the WS is huge in the history of sports. All those years ... Cubs finally in WS.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Oct 22, 2016 -> 09:41 PM)
Yeah you really paid a lot of attention to the AL and that side of the playoffs.

I've watched every Cleveland playoff game but one and they have impressed me more than the Cubs have this postseason to be honest. Whether or not they can sustain that level of play is obviously the big question, but if they do they will give the Cubs all they can ask for.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Oct 22, 2016 -> 09:46 PM)
I've watched every Cleveland playoff game but one and they have impressed me more than the Cubs have this postseason to be honest. Whether or not they can sustain that level of play is obviously the big question, but if they do they will give the Cubs all they can ask for.

Me too. Both because I expected less from them and the fact that they lost ONE GAME

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Oct 23, 2016 -> 03:46 AM)

Indians offense kinda struggled though against Toronto. Naquin swinging an invisible bat.

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 23, 2016 -> 03:51 AM)
Can't say they didn't deserve it. Built the right way. Now finish it.

If they have to win it, rather it be a year where they are easily the best team and not some fluke. Also you could see this coming from day one this season, so it was easier to prepare for than out of nowhere like last season.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Oct 22, 2016 -> 07:54 PM)
That's how he acts all the time. I'm surprised he hasn't been banned from this site yet.

I usually ignore him (didn't he claim to be a woman a few weeks ago?), but I didn't care for the way he responded to your post.

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 22, 2016 -> 07:56 PM)
I just can't get too mad or upset by it, honestly. They did it exactly how you're supposed to. This isn't luck or anything.

I don't think many Sox fans are mad or upset about the Cubs play or their organization right now. If anything, most of us are envious of their competent leadership.

It's just the fan stuff that gets under peoples' skin.

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 23, 2016 -> 03:53 AM)
Surprised the Sox twitter mentioned the Cubs. Not sure the upside of that.

Sox are irrelevant. Doesn't matter what they tweet as long as it's not, "f*** the Cubs." Or "We Won One First." That'd be sour grapes. Other than that, we are irrelevant baby.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 23, 2016 -> 03:58 AM)
I don't think many Sox fans are mad or upset about the Cubs play or their organization right now. If anything, most of us are envious of their competent leadership.

It's just the fan stuff that gets under peoples' skin.

I'm upset. Because our organization did nothing but stupid s*** as the Cubs were pathetic and rebuilding the right way. The Cub rebuild finally ended at a time the Sox suck.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 22, 2016 -> 09:59 PM)
I'm upset. Because our organization did nothing but stupid s*** as the Cubs were pathetic and rebuilding the right way. The Cub rebuild finally ended at a time the Sox suck.

EXACTLY. I am so mad at the Sox organization right now.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 22, 2016 -> 09:58 PM)
Sox are irrelevant. Doesn't matter what they tweet as long as it's not, "f*** the Cubs." Or "We Won One First." That'd be sour grapes. Other than that, we are irrelevant baby.

"Yeah, congrats to the Cubs! You just won the next generation of baseball fans in Chicago, thus cementing our relative irrelevance for the next century!" -Sox Twitter

Oh well, they did it the right way. I'm happy for my Cubs friends and family, still very disappointed that my Sox didn't dump KW to the curb and try to hire Theo when they had the chance. Theo likely would have chosen the Cubs anyway, but I could have dealt with a burnt KW bridge for at least the effort to sign a free agent Theo.

Edited by South Sider

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 22, 2016 -> 07:59 PM)

Greg, as much as I love you bud, you don't really fall into what I consider a reasonable fan, which is who I was thinking about with that post.