World Series: Indians vs. Cubs

LittleHurt05

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 25, 2016 -> 07:43 PM)
I'm still a bit shocked they added him to the roster let alone started him 5th in the line up for game 1 of the world series.

edit: lots of internet whining from Cubs fans on the strike zone already, lol

um that's corey kluber an al cy young pitcher... that's what happens when you face s***ty nl pitching

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Oct 25, 2016 -> 07:13 PM)
I just don't get how any Sox fan could want the Cubs to win here. The long-term impact of the Cubs winning multiple championships could be catastrophic for our franchise, but apparently that's ok for some as long as one of their loved ones gets to end their "suffering". I just don't get that logic and I say that as someone who is married to a diehard Cubs fan. Sucks I have to root against her "well-being", but this is f***ing sports, not something important like her health. I don't like this participation trophy attitude our country has developed and watching good Sox fans on this site actively cheer on a direct & dangerous rival is really a sign of the times.

I love your Sox passion.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 25, 2016 -> 09:21 PM)
I get people hoping the Cubs win because their friends or family members are Cubs fans. IMO, however, I don't care. When they play the White Sox I am not happy for they when they win. My Cubs fan friends and family have made it through life just fine without a WS title, I am sure they will be fine if they don't win this year. Who knows, maybe winning would be bad for them.

A neighbor really let me have it after she said go Cubs to me and I responded enthusiastically with an ehh...

I know of no Cubs fans who were happy in October of 2005.

I love your passion. You are right about Cub fans in 2005, too.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 25, 2016 -> 09:33 PM)
She is several years older than me. She told me I was being childish and I should be happy for Chicago.

I told her as a White Sox fan, Cleveland winning isn't exactly ideal either, but she was definitely miffed.

That's awesome you pissed her off. I like this thread.

p.s. Wow, I'm watching this game and it's cool to finally see a Cub opponent play with passion. Indians are into it! Hmmm, they've got a great manager, like Maddon. Maybe managers do matter a little bit. I still like the Cubs, but they are gonna have to play ball to win in four or five.