World Series: Indians vs. Cubs

LittleHurt05

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran into the guy who owns the building where i work this morning in the parking lot. He said go cubs! I said i am a Sox fan. He says, i can tell by that tone in your voice that you're a bitter Sox fan. I said my tone comes from bandwagon cubs fans that drive me up a wall 24/7 on the news, in person, and on the radio.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 25, 2016 -> 09:21 AM)
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...1025-story.html

Apocalypse.

Cub Hero Kyle Schwarber added to active roster.... Will likely DH tonight.

Makes Tomlin even more relevant.

I have a hard time imagining a guy that hasn't seen big league pitching in 6 months will be a big factor is this series. I'm more concerned with Rizzo and Bryant.

Cleveland beat toronto on a bullpen day.

If Salazar can give them 5 innings he will pitch in Wrigley where they may have to go to the pen anyway with the pitcher batting.

If Salazar and Carraso were healthy this series goes heavily to the Indians.

Miller neutralizes Rizzo and Schwarber as he will pitch at least one inning every game.

I have a hard time imagining a guy that hasn't seen big league pitching in 6 months will be a big factor is this series. I'm more concerned with Rizzo and Bryant.

I agree. Maybe I will be proven wrong, but placing Kyle in the DH position seems like setting him up to fail. He will be immediately put into the highest pressure of At bats without swinging a bat in 6 months.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 25, 2016 -> 10:19 AM)
Cleveland beat toronto on a bullpen day.

If Salazar can give them 5 innings he will pitch in Wrigley where they may have to go to the pen anyway with the pitcher batting.

If Salazar and Carraso were healthy this series goes heavily to the Indians.

Miller neutralizes everyone as he will pitch at least one inning every game.

Fixed.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 25, 2016 -> 09:07 AM)
I ran into the guy who owns the building where i work this morning in the parking lot. He said go cubs! I said i am a Sox fan. He says, i can tell by that tone in your voice that you're a bitter Sox fan. I said my tone comes from bandwagon cubs fans that drive me up a wall 24/7 on the news, in person, and on the radio.

yeah but those of us who grew up in Chicago have family members and loved ones that have been long suffering true Cubs fans. I dont want to see them heartbroken.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 25, 2016 -> 10:26 AM)
yeah but those of us who grew up in Chicago have family members and loved ones that have been long suffering true Cubs fans. I dont want to see them heartbroken.

I agree with you. Just i don't care for the people who bought jerseys two weeks ago and just joined the party.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 25, 2016 -> 10:28 AM)
I agree with you. Just i don't care for the people who bought jerseys two weeks ago and just joined the party.

Yeah but we had those too, and the Hawks have a s***load of them. Bad fans suck for everyone, the Cubs just happen to have a HUGE amount of them because of WGN and their stadium.

Is there any type of precedent for what Schwarber is doing? I have seen a lot of people say that they don't think he'll be able to hit with such a long layoff but I'm in the who the hell knows camp. I could easily see him being just fine or being completely awful because I have nothing to go off of.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 25, 2016 -> 08:43 AM)
Is there any type of precedent for what Schwarber is going? I have seen a lot of people say that they don't think he'll be able to hit with such a long layoff but I'm in the who the hell knows camp. I could easily see him being just fine or being completely awful because I have nothing to go off of.

Here's to hoping he's rusty as heck and K's every time. :cheers

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 25, 2016 -> 10:30 AM)
Yeah but we had those too, and the Hawks have a s***load of them. Bad fans suck for everyone, the Cubs just happen to have a HUGE amount of them because of WGN and their stadium.

You can say that again. I bet at least 60-65% of their fan base is bandwagon/post 2010 fans.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 25, 2016 -> 11:14 AM)
Whoever is going to win, I just want it to be put away in 4 games or ASAP (hopefully an Indians sweep brings the off-season on Sunday).

I'm not losing any sleep over this series, but if the Cubs happen to win, I'd rather they do it in 6--in Cleveland.

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 25, 2016 -> 11:29 AM)
I'm not losing any sleep over this series, but if the Cubs happen to win, I'd rather they do it in 6--in Cleveland.

The city is going to be crazy either way. If you happen to live in Wrigleyville, I wouldn't imagine it being different than this past Saturday if they win on the road.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 25, 2016 -> 11:33 AM)
Amen. I can't take a 7 game series. I am over it.

There is no way that this Series is going 7 games. The Tribe does not have the starting pitching to hang with this Cubs team. Everything is going the Cubs way this year and that will continue with a series clinching victory at Wrigley in game 4 or 5.