SOURCE: 2 horse race between Dodgers and Astros

Carpe Diem

QUOTE (Carpe Diem @ Nov 30, 2016 -> 07:48 AM)
Only when I'm doing battle with White Sox fans who think Adam Eaton for Vlad Guererro Jr is a fair deal.

Or White Sox fans who won't cheer for the team because a soon to be popular former President is interested in being a minority owner.

You come on a message board boasting that you're Ken Rosenthal. What did you expect? Contrary to some reports, not everything on the internet is the truth.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 30, 2016 -> 07:00 AM)
I don't/never doubted you.

You got anything else for us though from your sources?

Nah I spoke with him a few days ago and was told "99% chance the show will start December 4th and unless the Rangers pony up Odor its still between Astros and Dodgers"

Edited by Carpe Diem

QUOTE (Carpe Diem @ Nov 30, 2016 -> 07:03 AM)
Nah I spoke with him a few days ago and was told "99% chance the show will start December 4th and unless the Rangers pony up Odor its still between Astros and Dodgers"

Have you heard what the Astros and Dodgers package of players will be? What about other Sox players?

QUOTE (Carpe Diem @ Nov 30, 2016 -> 06:39 AM)
I see a lot of talk about Carpe Diem not being tuthful because a lot of you guys are senstive over politics and don't like reality.....

Well well well well well

Astros about to sign ANOTHER power bat??? I WONDER WHY????

Keep doubting me though.

You ever give any thought to the fact that this board has been around for 12 years and you are the 9,000+ member and have 36 post.

That is where the skepticism comes from.

There once was a guy that sat in Reinsdorf's office and was one of three people that saw Frank Thomas contract........

I am not saying you are a troll but you appear to becoming a little fixated on making certain you get credit for being the guy.

Your information is cool but not everyone is going to buy it hook, line and sinker...welcome to life on the internet.

But hey you J4L talking White Sox baseball...

QUOTE (Carpe Diem @ Nov 30, 2016 -> 04:39 AM)
I see a lot of talk about Carpe Diem not being tuthful because a lot of you guys are senstive over politics and don't like reality.....

Well well well well well

Astros about to sign ANOTHER power bat??? I WONDER WHY????

Keep doubting me though.

Poop?

QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 30, 2016 -> 05:32 PM)
Signing Encarnacion today allows Houston to trade Singleton or Bregman in a deal for Sale or Quintana.

Singleton just cleared waivers and would be a throw-in in any trade with the Sox.

QUOTE (Carpe Diem @ Nov 30, 2016 -> 07:03 AM)

I'm confused why Odor would be a lynchpin with the Rangers. The dude hit 33 HR last year in his 3rd season, and was STILL worth only 2 WAR due to his horrible defense and inability to not swing at 4 pitches outside the zone. He will only be 23, so he's quite young obviously, but still only has 4 years of control left versus all the other big chips from other teams who have 6 years left.

Not saying you're right, just am not comfortable with him being the "compromise" from the Rangers.

That's the problem with the Rangers' deal.

They don't want to give up Odor because they need him for 2017, and Profar has fewer years of control as well. Then you run into the fact that they can't easily afford to part with Mazara, either. Too many pieces off the major league team, and not enough enticing minor league prospects at the lower levels.

Trading for Gallo is the equivalent of the LaPorta/Sabathia deal way back in the day. They not only need hitting, but players who can hit and field their position at an above average level simultaneously.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 1, 2016 -> 12:33 AM)
That's the problem with the Rangers' deal.

They don't want to give up Odor because they need him for 2017, and Profar has fewer years of control as well. Then you run into the fact that they can't easily afford to part with Mazara, either. Too many pieces off the major league team, and not enough enticing minor league prospects at the lower levels.

Trading for Gallo is the equivalent of the LaPorta/Sabathia deal way back in the day. They not only need hitting, but players who can hit and field their position at an above average level simultaneously.

Reason why I still think the Dodgers and Astros line up the best, Red Sox and Yankees would work too.