Rumor: Obama will be part owner within 3 years

Carpe Diem

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a Sox fan for over 60 years, however it would be very difficult for me to root for them, if they were owned by Obama.

I'm afraid that I just couldn't subordinate my political ideology to that degree. As someone who reveres America's founding principles of liberty and limited government, that would be awfully hard to accept. Where did you see this story?

QUOTE (Jimmy3Putt @ Nov 27, 2016 -> 06:07 PM)
How can he possibly have enough money for majority shares of a MLB team?

He has a ton of connections. While I am skeptical whether this is true, I have no doubt he could put a group together that could fund about anything. I think he wants part of an NBA team.

Edited by Dick Allen

I hate to burst any bubbles, but if you don't think the White Sox are in trouble going forward you are an idiot.

Look at how much attendance has slipped and continutes to do so. The product has been garbage since 2005 and the Cubs have FINALLY taken a stranglehold on the Chicago market ...in large part by HIRING A SMART FRONT OFFICE AND SPENDING MONEY.

Obama would give the White Sox NEEDED exposure and stability.

Edited by Carpe Diem

QUOTE (Carpe Diem @ Nov 27, 2016 -> 04:18 PM)
I hate to burst any bubbles, but if you don't think the White Sox are in trouble going forward you are an idiot.

Look at how much attendance has slipped and continutes to do so. The product has been garbage since 2005 and the Cubs have FINALLY taken a stranglehold on the Chicago market ...in large part by HIRING A SMART FRONT OFFICE AND SPENDING MONEY.

Obama would give the White Sox NEEDED exposure and stability.

So... uh... how about them links?

QUOTE (Lillian @ Nov 27, 2016 -> 06:29 PM)
So Chicago would be a "Sanctuary City", which violates the Second Amendment and my favorite team would be owned by Barak Obama. So, exactly why would I be a Sox fan? Oh, never mind, I wouldn't be.

If this is your reasoning for abandoning the Sox, then trust me, you won't be misssd.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 27, 2016 -> 06:41 PM)
Out of curiosity, would this be with the current ownership group, or a new one? And where in the world would Barack Obama be coming up with the majority of a billion-ish dollars from?

I was guessing "majority" may mean chairman, like the Michael Jordan led charlotte team. No way he gets 500 million out of a book deal.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 27, 2016 -> 06:43 PM)
I was guessing "majority" may mean chairman, like the Michael Jordan led charlotte team. No way he gets 500 million out of a book deal.

Chairman of the Board and/or President of the team makes sense. Majority owner means cash and tons of it.