Rumor: Obama will be part owner within 3 years

Carpe Diem

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not forget George W. Bush's ownership of the Rangers.

While not being ex-presidents, there are numerous Big 4 sports owners with obvious ties to politics, starting with Mark Cuban. Trump owned the New Jersey Generals USFL team.

Also, look no further than the Ricketts Family donations to the GOP and/or Trump campaign (at the end, after first crossing him) this past election cycle.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Nov 27, 2016 -> 06:02 PM)
I've been a Sox fan for over 60 years, however it would be very difficult for me to root for them, if they were owned by Obama.

I'm afraid that I just couldn't subordinate my political ideology to that degree. As someone who reveres America's founding principles of liberty and limited government, that would be awfully hard to accept. Where did you see this story?

Once again I agree with you.

QUOTE (Carpe Diem @ Nov 27, 2016 -> 07:23 PM)
Anyone who carries political views into sports is a dumbf*** in my opinion.

I'm part of the Angry Middle so take my word for what you want, but who the hell cares what side of the isle they are if they can help the team win.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Nov 27, 2016 -> 09:24 PM)
Well at least we know he likes to spend recklessly. That could be good for our ability to sign top FA's.

The downward arrow on the ballpark would be so appropriate for an Obama owned team.

Guys, we already gave a warning, take these comments to the filibuster. No political comments will be allowed here.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 27, 2016 -> 09:31 PM)
Guys, we already gave a warning, take these comments to the filibuster. No political comments will be allowed here.

Then lock or move the thread already. The rumor was pulled out of some random poster's ass anyway. Doesn't merit a serious response.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Nov 27, 2016 -> 09:32 PM)
Then lock or move the thread already. The rumor was pulled out of some random poster's ass anyway. Doesn't merit a serious response.

Move on from this thread, if you can't participate according to our rules then just move on to other threads, no need to come in here and snipe.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 27, 2016 -> 09:35 PM)
Move on from this thread, if you can't participate according to our rules then just move on to other threads, no need to come in here and snipe.

You must not spend a lot of time in the pale hose forum if you call me a "sniper". Do your job Russ, lock the thread.

Edited by soxforlife05

I'll give the OP this, he acts like he has sources according to some of his post history. He started that 2 team race thread and if I recall correctly no one questioned him then.

Edit: AND the owner of the site spoke with him like he was a credible source... I'd be curious to see the responses of some Administrators of the forum. :D

Edited by South Sider

Works for me. I figured he'd try to get part of the Bulls at some point. I don't agree with everything he's done politically but jesus christ people. You wouldn't be a Sox fan anymore? Really? Jerry f***ing Reinsdorf is the current owner. Go read "The Game" with all the inside info from the owners' perspectives during the strike and late 90's and get back to me about how terrible it'd be. How could you root for them? You guys are as whiny as Cubs fans were when "they had to root for Chapman". Get over it, or don't and leave the fanbase. Either works for me.