Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 12:39 PM)
Is there any chatter about Colorado or are we just speculating they'd be a good match?

Some chatter on the Rockies boards about it being a good fit, but nothing concrete from any official capacity (and sports radio out here isn't interested in anything that isn't the Broncos at the moment). The majority of the Rockies chatter has them trying to move Blackmon for starter and chasing Trumbo.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 12:34 PM)
Some chatter on the Rockies boards about it being a good fit, but nothing concrete from any official capacity (and sports radio out here isn't interested in anything that isn't the Broncos at the moment). The majority of the Rockies chatter has them trying to move Blackmon for starter and chasing Trumbo.

If that's the case, 3 team deal sounds good for this type of deal.

Q goes to Rockies

Blackmon to team that needs CF

Sox get prospects from Rockies and other team.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 01:05 PM)
If that's the case, 3 team deal sounds good for this type of deal.

Q goes to Rockies

Blackmon to team that needs CF

Sox get prospects from Rockies and other team.

I don't feel we need to be in that. We like the Rockies prospects now, if they want to use Blackmon to replenish after Q they can do that without us.

. The Rays want “massive returns” for their on-the-block starting pitchers – which, in Chris Archer‘s case, could mean more than the White Sox received from Boston for Chris Sale – reports Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times. Archer, 28, hasn’t been as effective as Sale, though he does come with five controllable years at a combined $38.5MM (Sale has three years of control at $38MM). Given their asking price, odds are that the Rays won’t trade Archer, writes Topkin, who adds that fellow right-hander Jake Odorizzi is also unlikely to go anywhere. Tampa Bay isn’t as attached to Drew Smyly, Alex Cobb or Erasmo Ramirez, meaning any of the three could end up on the move in the right deal.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/12/trad...p;post-id=80312

Can only help the Sox in negotiations for Q.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 12:32 PM)
I know people like outside media:

http://www.purplerow.com/2016/12/11/139088...icago-white-sox

Pretty reasonable!!

Amazing to me was fans main objections were to trading pitchers (not Rodgers) And who could blame them with their history and stadium, but package 3 I find entirely reasonable. Go Rockies trade.

I'm sure the reason this hasn't been done yet is because the White Sox are requiring at least Rodgers, one of Hoffman or Pint, and either Tapia or McMahon.

Rockies are probably pushing a non-Rodgers package, and I bet it's more along the lines of Pint/Marquez/McMahon.

I don't think Hahn will do it without Rodgers.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 02:45 PM)
I'm sure the reason this hasn't been done yet is because the White Sox are requiring at least Rodgers, one of Hoffman or Pint, and either Tapia or McMahon.

Rockies are probably pushing a non-Rodgers package, and I bet it's more along the lines of Pint/Marquez/McMahon.

I don't think Hahn will do it without Rodgers.

Pint is way too far from the majors and too risky to centerpiece a Quintana deal.

I could see a rodgers, tapia plus one more package making sense though

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 12:52 PM)
Pint is way too far from the majors and too risky to centerpiece a Quintana deal.

I could see a rodgers, tapia plus one more package making sense though

I just think the Q deal would get done fairly quickly if the Rox were open on moving Rodgers and Hoffman or Pint and another solid piece or the Astros were willing to move Martes and Tucker plus.

I think both teams read the blowback on the first two moves, particularly the Eaton deal, and think they are right to offer two elite prospects.

The great thing is Hahn has absolutely no need to move Quintana until one of them caves. As much as it sucks for fans, I think Q will bring that sort of return in July more easily than it does right now.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 02:32 PM)

Pretty reasonable!!

Amazing to me was fans main objections were to trading pitchers (not Rodgers) And who could blame them with their history and stadium, but package 3 I find entirely reasonable. Go Rockies trade.

I think aside from maybe trade #3, we could get all those deals 2 years from now for Q.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 03:02 PM)
I think aside from maybe trade #3, we could get all those deals 2 years from now for Q.

I think Rodgers/Pint/Tapia makes the most sense for a number of reasons. Rodgers isn't going to be ready till late '19 at his earliest and Story isn't going anywhere and Nolan Arenado will be around for the majority of Q's time in Colorado additionally they have McMahon as his heir apparent. Pint if he takes a level a year (unlikely in the sox system but still) '21 on a normal path late '19 on a "sox" path. Tapia doesn't have a spot in the outfield even if they trade blackmon, Tapia has a Kevin Pillar / Devon White ceiling. That package is has enough potential tier 1 talent to entice the sox while also being far enough away that the rox don't have to worry about coming back to bite them during their window, while replacing future wins with present. Lastly getting Quintana and moving blackmon likely gets them an additional starter while getting the ability to sign a 1B and move Desmond to the OF and they still maintain their near major league depth in Hoffman, Marquez and Freeland.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 02:32 PM)

Pretty reasonable!!

Rodgers as a centerpiece makes sense to me. Trevor Story had a .900 OPS last year, and DJ Lamaheiu had an all-star season at 2B. So Rodgers is an expendable piece, and an elite piece for the Sox to get back. Rodgers + Tapia is a really good start to a package for me. I think that's a reasonable starting point. Don't have that much preference on the third piece. The Rockies are going for it and desperately need a TOR starter. Go Rockies trade.

QUOTE (Tony @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 01:29 PM)
Honestly, with what Hahn has said publicly, and some info we've gotten from sources, I'll be very surprised if Q isn't moved this offseason.

Well, let's say both Houston and Colorado (and others) refuse to move off of where they're currently at for the remainder of the offseason...I don't think Hahn will change his asking price just to move Q ahead of the start of the season.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 03:53 PM)
Well, let's say both Houston and Colorado (and others) refuse to move off of where they're currently at for the remainder of the offseason...I don't think Hahn will change his asking price just to move Q ahead of the start of the season.

That's fair. Hahn said he'll remain patient until he gets what he wants. On the ESPN podcast he said they decided to rebuild at the trade deadline but simply didn't receive offers at their prices on our big pieces.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 03:58 PM)
I, for one, don't particularly love Tapia. I would much prefer McMahon or even Wall over Tapia.

The package I really want from the Rockies is probably Rodgers/McMahon/Wall/intriguing arm.

If that arm is Almonte, sign me up!

#BringAlmonteHome