Chapman back to Yankees

ChiliIrishHammock24

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 11:39 PM)
Robertson's value just continues to climb with every massive RP deal signed.

Not sure if this is a popular opinion, but if the Sox subsidize a Robertson trade w/ money in 2017, theoretically they could maximize their talent return.

Payroll is gonna be in the tank anyways so why not.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 11:43 PM)
So are the Yankees going to try and compete this year or what?

Hard telling given the length of the deal. I doubt they push too hard for 2017, but Q makes a lot of sense as a long term asset. They might be interested in Nate Jones to setup Chapman as well.

QUOTE (daggins @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 08:38 PM)
Cash is consistently one of the smartest GMs in the game.

This also means they will be looking to win sooner than 2019/2020. Rick, hit em up.

I agree...Cash is a good GM. That said, this is a ton for a closer, but Yanks can obviously afford it.

Best thing that could happen for us is if Jensen signs somewhere other then LAD. Would make a package of Robertson / Frazier more likely and I think in their case a package deal probably maximizes the value we get back. Marlins would be another good option for Robertson and we should be in a position where we actually throw cash along too (given the savings we've had) to maximize talent back (and Fish would be the type of team more then willing to contribute along those lines).

Marlins system isn't great, but I'm sure they have the pieces to get Robertson.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 10:36 PM)
Wow, so the Yankees loaned Chapman to the Cubs for a couple months for Gleyber Torres, Billy McKinney, Rashad Crawford, and Adam Warren, and then got him right back. Mastery by Cashman.

More like good deal for both teams since Cubs got a World Series ring out of it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 11:49 PM)
Best thing that could happen for us is if Jensen signs somewhere other then LAD. Would make a package of Robertson / Frazier more likely and I think in their case a package deal probably maximizes the value we get back. Marlins would be another good option for Robertson and we should be in a position where we actually throw cash along too (given the savings we've had) to maximize talent back (and Fish would be the type of team more then willing to contribute along those lines).

I think if LA misses out on Jensen, they will pony up for Turner. Robertson makes a lot of sense though.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 10:49 PM)

Only interesting guys are pitchers.