2017 Democratic Thread

bmags

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Dec 6, 2017 -> 12:47 PM)
He should been ousted weeks ago. Of course he'll stay and fight it most likely proving once again politicians are hypocrites.

He's going to resign, as he should, and as he should've at the beginning.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Dec 6, 2017 -> 12:56 PM)
Good riddance. The guy always had that holier than thou attitude and got taken down to the ground, hard.

What a creep.

I've never gotten the holier than thou attitude from him. It's one of the reasons I liked him as a 2020 candidate.

Al Green being a fool and introducing articles of impeachment today in the House. Getting Dems on the record either for or against impeachment can only backfire and hurt Democrats. It's such terrible politics. The far-left wing of the party frustrates me so much. They have absolutely no concept for strategy or long game or the bigger picture.

Edited by Reddy

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 6, 2017 -> 01:07 PM)
OTOH the centrist wing has horrible policies

leftists or even left-liberals are hilariously bad at politics though

I'd rather accomplish *better* policies through good politics than have Trump because of bad politics. But yes, you're right.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Dec 6, 2017 -> 12:06 PM)
Al Green being a fool and introducing articles of impeachment today in the House. Getting Dems on the record either for or against impeachment can only backfire and hurt Democrats. It's such terrible politics. I hate the far left wing of this party. They have absolutely no concept for strategy or long game or the bigger picture.

Lmao.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 6, 2017 -> 01:37 PM)
I just thought it was kinda funny because there really is no "far left" wing of the Democratic Party.

I'm not interested in your semantics. Within the context of the American political system and the American Democratic Party, there are two factions - one that is more centrist and one that is further left. Stahp.

Reddy you get triggered so easily man but you easily set yourself up with abrasive comments.

Franken always rubbed me the wrong way, so the holier than thou quip probably wasn't the right choice of words. I just remember that hearing they had for Devos were he was talking around her in circles trying to make her look bad instead of just coming at her with the facts. That just came across smug and arrogant.

Why would he have been an ideal candidate for 2020? Because he's a democrat?

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Dec 6, 2017 -> 02:09 PM)
Reddy you get triggered so easily man but you easily set yourself up with abrasive comments.

Franken always rubbed me the wrong way, so the holier than thou quip probably wasn't the right choice of words. I just remember that hearing they had for Devos were he was talking around her in circles trying to make her look bad instead of just coming at her with the facts. That just came across smug and arrogant.

Why would he have been an ideal candidate for 2020? Because he's a democrat?

Bud, facts don't matter. You of all people should understand that. And it takes an awful lot to "trigger" me hahaha. (Also related to our earlier exchange, I think that's such a silly phrase)

QUOTE (Reddy @ Dec 6, 2017 -> 01:11 PM)
Bud, facts don't matter. You of all people should understand that. And it takes an awful lot to "trigger" me hahaha. (Also related to our earlier exchange, I think that's such a silly phrase)

I don't know how you define triggered but if anyone brings up Bernie, his policies or his talking points, you pounce like a wild beast. That's your prerogative but it's becoming cliche.

@SenSanders

Sen. Franken has said that he will be making an announcement about his political future tomorrow. The right thing is for him to resign.

The replies to this tweet are pretty awful. Mostly liberals yelling at Sanders for saying this.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Dec 6, 2017 -> 12:38 PM)
I'm not interested in your semantics. Within the context of the American political system and the American Democratic Party, there are two factions - one that is more centrist and one that is further left. Stahp.

Compare to Henry Wallace in the 1940’s or WJ Bryan.

It just seems left wing, because someone has to be to the left of a party that has been increasingly centrist since the DLC days of the late 1980’s. The health care policies were passed into law by Obama were to the right of Mitt Romney or Jack Kemp.

For a long time, it (the left) was basically Maxine Waters. Now you have a ton of progressives involved in local and especially state issues, like the nurses’ association in California.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 7, 2017 -> 11:56 AM)
Farenthold still in the House, of course, and Moore will soon be seated by the GOP Senate that is now fully backing him.

And Donald J. Trump still in the White House and backed by the GOP.

The Democrats can claim the moral high ground, but the Republicans don't believe in hills.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 4, 2017 -> 11:14 AM)
Another solid piece by Rick Perlstein:

The Elephants in the Resistance:

Don’t Trust the Anti-Trump Republicans

Sen. Jeff Flake and his ilk aren’t the heroes we’re looking for.

Trump is a symptom, not a disease.

What many people don't realize is that the reason this group is against Trump is that in most cases he is not conservative enough for them. If people don't like what Trump is trying to do, They will really go nuts if this group takes control.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 7, 2017 -> 01:06 PM)
Keith Ellison should get his senate seat. Then we one step closer to President Keith Ellison.
Link

If Sen. Al Franken (D-MN) heeds the advice of more than 30 of his colleagues and resigns on Thursday after weeks of facing allegations of sexual misconduct, Minnesota’s governor will likely tap his female lieutenant governor to replace Franken in the Senate, according to reports in Politico and the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

According to people familiar with the matter, Democratic Gov. Mark Dayton is expected to appoint Lt. Gov. Tina Smith if Franken steps down. Sources told Politico and the Star Tribune that Smith is a close ally of the governor who would have no interest in running for Congress in a 2018 special election, which would make way for a open Democratic primary next year.