President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't think of a better symbol of the death of an empire than the stupid wall

To Pay for Wall, Trump Would Cut Proven Border Security Measures

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration would cut or delay funding for border surveillance, radar technology, patrol boats and customs agents in its upcoming spending plan to curb illegal immigration — all proven security measures that officials and experts have said are more effective than building a wall along the Mexican border.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 8, 2018 -> 07:48 PM)
Forgetting the words to the national anthem to own the libs

Not difficult to imagine the outrage if Obama was caught doing this.

Also, isn't this a bigger deal than kneeling during the anthem? I think so.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Jan 9, 2018 -> 12:24 PM)
Did you guys hear boos, cheering or a mixture of both. It sounded pretty mixed with the cheering maybe a bit a louder?

I haven't heard the recording, but I'm willing to bet it was the same as every other situation for every modern President - a mix of cheering and boos. Anyone taking a "side" on this is just showing how partisan and shallow they are.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 9, 2018 -> 10:36 AM)
Anyone taking a "side" on this is just showing how partisan and shallow they are.

GMAFB. Maybe a player or coach caught on camera not knowing the national anthem isn't a big deal but he's the President of the United States. He knows the camera is on him. How could he not know the words? Especially after ranting and raving about respect for the anthem for months on end.

Feinstein releases testimony of Glenn Simpson, whose research firm Fusion GPS was behind Trump dossier

After numerous selective leaks and allegedly dishonest attacks on Fusion GPS coming from the GOP, Democrats and the founders of Fusion GPS had called on Republicans to release the full transcripts from congressional testimony. The GOP stonewalled this, so now Democrats have released it unilaterally.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 9, 2018 -> 12:39 PM)
GMAFB. Maybe a player or coach caught on camera not knowing the national anthem isn't a big deal but he's the President of the United States. He knows the camera is on him. How could he not know the words? Especially after ranting and raving about respect for the anthem for months on end.

um... what are you talking about? I was talking about booing versus cheering. What are you referring to? Did he sing the National Anthem?!

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 9, 2018 -> 01:03 PM)
um... what are you talking about? I was talking about booing versus cheering. What are you referring to? Did he sing the National Anthem?!

He...attempted to sing along at the game last night. But he either did not know the words to some parts or just randomly started and stopped. This came only a few hours after yet another rant about NFL players and RESPECTING THE FLAG AND ANTHEM!

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 9, 2018 -> 12:41 PM)
Feinstein releases testimony of Glenn Simpson, whose research firm Fusion GPS was behind Trump dossier

After numerous selective leaks and allegedly dishonest attacks on Fusion GPS coming from the GOP, Democrats and the founders of Fusion GPS had called on Republicans to release the full transcripts from congressional testimony. The GOP stonewalled this, so now Democrats have released it unilaterally.

Big revelation so far appears to be that Steele talked to the FBI and then reported back to Fusion GPS that the FBI thought he was credible as they already had other information, including from a source inside the Trump campaign.

DTHrPCNVwAAdxyC.jpg

For some very mysterious reason, the GOP Senators who are busy attacking the FBI and falsely claiming the whole thing is a witch hunt started by the dossier really didn't want this transcript released.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Jan 9, 2018 -> 12:24 PM)
Did you guys hear boos, cheering or a mixture of both. It sounded pretty mixed with the cheering maybe a bit a louder?

Definitely. Alabama being there helped him a ton.

If it was a USC vs. Syracuse final, I doubt he would have gone.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 9, 2018 -> 11:03 AM)

My bad. The bigger story circulating was him not knowing the words to the anthem. For some reason, I thought you were commenting on that.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 8, 2018 -> 11:11 AM)
Early Nov. - Trump removes protections for 2,500 Nicaraguans in U.S. for decades

Late Nov. - Trump removes protections for 60,000 Haitians

Now - Trump orders nearly 200,000 Salvadorans out.

Is this board truly reflective of the country's opinion of Trump? I was in Dallas area over the weekend and I asked two rich oil people (one man, one woman) what they thought of Trump. One immediately declared: "I like him," adding that he says some dumb things on Twitter but aside from that she liked him. Then the other person said the economy actually was improving and he also liked Trump.

Then I hear he gets half cheers/half boos as the national title game. You'd think it would be 90 percent boos if you read this board and listen to the pundits and Hollywood types bash him daily. I know Hollywood tore into Trump at the Golden Globes, but Hollywood should be more humble and silent right now with the scandal going on.

I'm just saying ... has Trump had some accomplishments that are making 50 percent of Americans think he's OK to good?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 9, 2018 -> 03:55 PM)
Is this board truly reflective of the country's opinion of Trump? I was in Dallas area over the weekend and I asked two rich oil people (one man, one woman) what they thought of Trump. One immediately declared: "I like him," adding that he says some dumb things on Twitter but aside from that she liked him. Then the other person said the economy actually was improving and he also liked Trump.

Then I hear he gets half cheers/half boos as the national title game. You'd think it would be 90 percent boos if you read this board and listen to the pundits and Hollywood types bash him daily. I know Hollywood tore into Trump at the Golden Globes, but Hollywood should be more humble and silent right now with the scandal going on.

I'm just saying ... has Trump had some accomplishments that are making 50 percent of Americans think he's OK to good?

Its all just opinion.

Itd be like asking if you were happy after the last play of the National Championship game last night. Georgia fans will answer much differently than Alabama fans.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 9, 2018 -> 11:01 PM)
Its all just opinion.

Itd be like asking if you were happy after the last play of the National Championship game last night. Georgia fans will answer much differently than Alabama fans.

True. I just have been influenced so much by Hollywood and the daily barrage of anti-Trump articles that I assumed everybody in the USA despised him. I remain a bit worried about the North Korea situation. Trump is definitely capable of a first strike on NK and that would not be good. In fact it might be the end of us all. He orders a strike and next thing you know we hear they've sent a few nukes our way and our defense system has no idea how to knock those nukes out of the sky.