Updated teams interested in Q

harfman77

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 08:49 AM)
What about Frazier, Adams, Florial and Andujar (who seems like a guy who is blocked currently)?

Either Frazier/Adams/Mateo/Florial or Frazier/Adams/Andujar/Florial would be very interesting packages.

The Yankees have the pieces to make a trade work, but so far have not yet shown the willingness to move prospects. That might change soon. Best case for us would be a bidding war between contenders for Quintana.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 07:02 AM)
Either Frazier/Adams/Mateo/Florial or Frazier/Adams/Andujar/Florial would be very interesting packages.

The Yankees have the pieces to make a trade work, but so far have not yet shown the willingness to move prospects. That might change soon. Best case for us would be a bidding war between contenders for Quintana.

Best case for us is for Quintana to start pitching like Quintana again.

BTW, just a side thought, but I'm pretty convinced the ball is freaking juiced this year.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 08:59 AM)
I'll take anyone with a plus plus tool like that as the third piece of the deal.

Mateo is very very fast, no doubt. Scouts seem uncertain what position he will play, as his defense at SS has been described as "erratic". Some suggest he will need to move to 2B or CF.

I'm concerned about the high strikeout rate and the .668 OPS in high A ball. Given his speed his BABIP should help buoy a better batting average than .234, which makes me feel like he is not making quality contact. I would be worried the bat just is not good enough to hold down a starting job in the majors.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 08:05 AM)
Best case for us is for Quintana to start pitching like Quintana again.

BTW, just a side thought, but I'm pretty convinced the ball is freaking juiced this year.

Been saying the same thing to my buddies ^. So many random players out of nowhere developing massive power. Home runs up like 50% compared to 2014.

Honestly though, I feel like the game is in a good place. Feels exciting again.

QUOTE (Username @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 09:15 AM)
Been saying the same thing to my buddies ^. So many random players out of nowhere developing massive power. Home runs up like 50% compared to 2014.

Honestly though, I feel like the game is in a good place. Feels exciting again.

Ben Lindbergh did a nice summary:

https://theringer.com/2017-mlb-home-run-spi...al-155cd21108bc

He also does a good job of showing that behavior can change too from a juiced ball that could exaggerate the effects.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 09:21 AM)
Ben Lindbergh did a nice summary:

https://theringer.com/2017-mlb-home-run-spi...al-155cd21108bc

He also does a good job of showing that behavior can change too from a juiced ball that could exaggerate the effects.

Wow thanks for sending, this is awesome. Definitely makes sense that it could be a few factors playing off each other.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 09:26 AM)
He is very overrated as a prospect, no doubt. Was never a fan of his.

To date he is, but Adams would be underrated in rankings. I think people know the risk mateo carries but I still think it's a chance I'd take. There is not much happening for us in high-A/AA for short stop that we couldn't afford to let Mateo keep trying. But if we don't I also don't care that much.

QUOTE (Username @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 09:43 AM)
Wow thanks for sending, this is awesome. Definitely makes sense that it could be a few factors playing off each other.

I am 30 and did not know that there had been many instances of sudden equipment issues causing big changes in production aside from the mound raising and lowering. Pretty interesting stuff.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 09:54 AM)
To date he is, but Adams would be underrated in rankings.

I wasn't a fan of his last offseason when Yankee rumors were surfacing with my post history here. I have personal favorite spects in different systems (including ours). I didn't like him then either. Reminds me alot of Ruddy Yan and I know my old prospect heads here remember him back in the day (and I don't even think he's as good).

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 09:56 AM)
I wasn't a fan of his last offseason when Yankee rumors were surfacing with my post history here. I have personal favorite spects in different systems (including ours). I didn't like him then either.

You don't like Chance Adams? I really like him. The idea of him,, at least, have never seen him pitch. Sudden velocity increase and was a reliever so didn't have big inning load, I think with experience he can really get to play around with his velocities and be a solid 3 starter and he's close.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 10:00 AM)
You don't like Chance Adams? I really like him.

No, I was responding to the "to date he is" post about Mateo. My mistake on the confusion there.

Funny thing is, I thought you were talking about Spencer Adams as far as being underrated on lists, not Chance. :lol:

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 10:00 AM)
You don't like Chance Adams? I really like him. The idea of him,, at least, have never seen him pitch. Sudden velocity increase and was a reliever so didn't have big inning load, I think with experience he can really get to play around with his velocities and be a solid 3 starter and he's close.

Frazier + Adams + Andujar + Florial would be a strong and deep return for Jose Quintana. Arguably too strong, although the Sox do not need to move him unless the offer is worthwhile.

Torres would likely be untouchable, meaning either Frazier and/or Rutherford would have to be coming to the Sox, along with Adams. Not sure they would be willing to part with Andujar and Florial as well though.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 18, 2017 -> 01:53 PM)
But for a guy like Albies?

You address the Sanchez part of the argument here, but not really the Albies part.

That's all I'm saying -- that the presence of Sanchez should not affect our ask on trades at all.

I see that we are back to Q to the Yankees chatter. I remember back when these talks were going on in the Winter and people were saying how Aaron Judge wouldn't cut it as a headliner in any deal for Q. Oh my how things have changed...

I don't see Cashman trading away his prospects. The Yanks are ahead of schedule. They will just buy pitching in the offseason.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 10:08 AM)
No, I was responding to the "to date he is" post about Mateo. My mistake on the confusion there.

Funny thing is, I thought you were talking about Spencer Adams as far as being underrated on lists, not Chance. :lol:

Oh, yeah, I agree. I don't like mateo valued as a top 60 prospect by any means, but as a third piece where we are buying low? I am okay with. But it's more that I could easily justify white sox asking to include him in a deal, not that I would be disappointed if he wasn't.

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 10:22 AM)
I see that we are back to Q to the Yankees chatter. I remember back when these talks were going on in the Winter and people were saying how Aaron Judge wouldn't cut it as a headliner in any deal for Q. Oh my how things have changed...

I don't see Cashman trading away his prospects. The Yanks are ahead of schedule. They will just buy pitching in the offseason.

Ha, yeah we talked a while back about this I think around the draft on who soxtalk overvalues/undervalues. Pretty sure there was a Severino/Judge/Mateo or something proposal that would have been trashed at the time but would have been one of the best trades in history. Was just a fan idea not a real one.

I could see them buying a rental without having to give up their top prospects.

In fairness, nobody, including myself, saw Judge performing at this level.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 10:26 AM)
In fairness, nobody, including myself, saw Judge performing at this level.

Yeah most people including the guys who analyze players/prospects for a living really just had him penciled in as a low batting average, high power, lots of Ks type of player. He could ultimately just end up being that over his career, though.

Edited by soxfan2014

I'd be down for something like this

Frazier or Rutherford

Sheffield

Adams or Fowler or Andjuar

Florial

Id prefer Rutherford over Frazier and Fowler or Andjuar over Adams to be fair though

QUOTE (beautox @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 10:49 AM)
I'd be down for something like this

Frazier or Rutherford

Sheffield

Adams or Fowler or Andjuar

Florial

Id prefer Rutherford over Frazier and Fowler or Andjuar over Adams to be fair though

That would be a great structure to a deal for the White Sox, though i get the feeling the return will be significantly lighter.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 10:27 AM)
Yeah most people including the guys who analyze players/prospects for a living really just had him penciled in as a low batting average, high power, lots of Ks type of player. He could ultimately just end up being that over his career, though.

Judge always had the potential to turn into an absolute monster. He has become that monster and I don't think it is a fluke.

My main point was that things can change fast in baseball. Q should have been traded last Winter when his value was at its highest. I don't see the Sox matching up well with anyone at the deadline. It seems like mostly rental pitchers will be dealt. Have a feeling Q will be around all year and this thread will just keep chugging along..

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 10:52 AM)
This is going to be one of those things where I had no idea who Florial was 2 days ago and now I'm going to be demanding he included in any deal!

Yep...you see a name, do some research and look at his stats/age/scouting reports and you just want him. That's happened too much with me over the past year lol