Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 4/12/2017

Greg Hibbard

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 08:02 PM)
Fifth infielder? What games have you been watching pray tell

I fully agree. Even if/when Moncada comes up, Saladino needs to be playing close to every day. He's a really good player. Love his approach at the plate and his glove in the field.

I've long said I'm OK with the Sox tendering Frazier a qualifying offer this offseason, but he's not going to be around, so if they were to trade him and get less than the value of a 2nd round pick - we're talking a 40-45 FV player, someone you expect to essentially be a fringe starting player or bullpen arm - then that is fine. I actually haven't been this excited about the Sox in a long, long time.

Also, I didn't see the game tonight, but a general "duh" observation - Tim Anderson's footwork on his throws needs to improve tremendously.

Saladino made great plays at second last season and he just made another today...possibly a game saver. Moncada was not impressive at second base in Spring Training. Why mess with Saladino if he is excelling as a second basemen?

Moncada's build reminds me more of Mike Trout - solid, muscle bound, with good straight line speed. If only Moncada could put on a center fielder's glove he could really fill in a huge hole in the outfield between Melky and Avi and, at the same time, add a left hand bat with pop in the line-up.

Matt Davidson has been fun to watch at the plate, but unlike Avi, he has not missed too many meals. I don't understand how he got that big. The extra weight could really limit his usefulness. On the other hand, if he can get in better shape, he could be a force. Avi Garcia is a case in point. He runs like a gazelle this year compared to years past.

Saladino is flat out a good ball player. No, he is not a great player, but he is a guy that plays winning baseball. Period. I've been saying it for two years. Great fundamentals and a really good defensive player, with an offensive game that keep getting better. He'll never be a great hitter, but when you consider the plus defense and his versatility (plus good base running, etc) and you really should appreciate him.

I hope we'll see that his results / performance doesn't sag with extensive playing time this year.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 10:14 PM)
Saladino made great plays at second last season and he just made another today...possibly a game saver. Moncada was not impressive at second base in Spring Training. Why mess with Saladino if he is excelling as a second basemen?

Moncada's build reminds me more of Mike Trout - solid, muscle bound, with good straight line speed. If only Moncada could put on a center fielder's glove he could really fill in a huge hole in the outfield between Melky and Avi and, at the same time, add a left hand bat with pop in the line-up.

Matt Davidson has been fun to watch at the plate, but unlike Avi, he has not missed too many meals. I don't understand how he got that big. The extra weight could really limit his usefulness. On the other hand, if he can get in better shape, he could be a force. Avi Garcia is a case in point. He runs like a gazelle this year compared to years past.

They are not moving Moncada to centerfield so Saladino can play second. Just stop