Boopa1219

In the next two months, we can expect/have to look forward to:

2017 Draft

The returns of Rodon and Tilson

Moncada being called up

Guys like Fulmer, coming back to the bigs

A decision from Luis Robert

July 2nd

And if you want to stretch a little further, the trade market taking shape and deadline.

Its going to be a fun stretch for the Sox. This is a really crucial moment for the rebuild and its prospects.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 8, 2017 -> 12:34 PM)
Starting out with 28 of their first 44 on the road is amazingly tough.

Yeah I enjoy seeing the wins so far, but I'd like to see them be aggressive in using pieces like Goldberg, Danish, Minaya and eventually Luebke to make sure we don't burn through Kahnle/Swarzak when they could bring back something nice.

I'd like to keep Kahnle to be honest, but Swarzak is the perfect flip candidate at this age. At minimum I'd expect a Tilson like deal.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 8, 2017 -> 12:39 PM)
Yeah I enjoy seeing the wins so far, but I'd like to see them be aggressive in using pieces like Goldberg, Danish, Minaya and eventually Luebke to make sure we don't burn through Kahnle/Swarzak when they could bring back something nice.

I'd like to keep Kahnle to be honest, but Swarzak is the perfect flip candidate at this age. At minimum I'd expect a Tilson like deal.

I'll think they should and will keep the young inexpensive players.

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 8, 2017 -> 12:52 PM)
I'll think they should and will keep the young inexpensive players.

Kahnle isn't too young, but I think if we trade out robertson it might not be a bad value idea to showcase Kahnle for a time in the closer role and see how he does.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ May 8, 2017 -> 11:29 AM)
In the next two months, we can expect/have to look forward to:

2017 Draft

The returns of Rodon and Tilson

Moncada being called up

Guys like Fulmer, coming back to the bigs

A decision from Luis Robert

July 2nd

And if you want to stretch a little further, the trade market taking shape and deadline.

Its going to be a fun stretch for the Sox. This is a really crucial moment for the rebuild and its prospects.

Just my own personal opinion on your remarks:

1. Draft will be interesting. Sox need to draft a hitter. To me it doesn't matter what position they play.

2. I wouldn't count on both Rodon and Tilson returning. One? Maybe, but to me even that's not a guarantee.

3. & 4. I don't think Moncada gets called up until Sept 1 and I think that will be the case for the other "top" prospects.

5. Robert would be a key addition but like with college basketball recruits you don't know until they sign on the dotted line.

6. I don't know the significance of July 2nd, can you please explain.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ May 8, 2017 -> 01:15 PM)

1. Draft will be interesting. Sox need to draft a hitter. To me it doesn't matter what position they play.

2. I wouldn't count on both Rodon and Tilson returning. One? Maybe, but to me even that's not a guarantee.

3. & 4. I don't think Moncada gets called up until Sept 1 and I think that will be the case for the other "top" prospects.

5. Robert would be a key addition but like with college basketball recruits you don't know until they sign on the dotted line.

July 2nd is the start of the new International Signing period, and the first under the new CBA.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ May 8, 2017 -> 01:15 PM)

I think you're dead wrong on Moncada. If he continues to tear up AAA to the tune of a 1.000 OPS there really is no reason to keep him down. He's only a week away from getting the extra year out of him.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ May 8, 2017 -> 02:04 PM)
I think you're dead wrong on Moncada. If he continues to tear up AAA to the tune of a 1.000 OPS there really is no reason to keep him down. He's only a week away from getting the extra year out of him.

His K rate staying down is the big thing I want to see happen. Realistically that, and another year of control/Super 2 status are the biggest reasons to keep him down. A recent study found about $10 million reasons to try to push the guy past the Super 2 deadline.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 8, 2017 -> 02:37 PM)
His K rate staying down is the big thing I want to see happen. Realistically that, and another year of control/Super 2 status are the biggest reasons to keep him down. A recent study found about $10 million reasons to try to push the guy past the Super 2 deadline.

When is his super 2 cut off?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 8, 2017 -> 02:49 PM)
Usually that is in the middle of June sometime, but you also have to add 31 days of service on to that date as he was up last year.

Yah, I suppose I wouldn't be blown away to see them wait until late June. But I still expect him up sooner.