May 14th Game Thread: White Sox vs. San Diego

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Frazier, but he's been terrible. It's not so much complaining, but stating the obvious.

Anyway, nice comeback. Let's see if the road warriors continue to play well.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ May 14, 2017 -> 10:15 PM)
So because it's early in the year and knows how to run hard, we shouldn't criticize?

I would tell you to look beyond stats and learn to appreciate the game of baseball and how hard it is to succeed everyday. Understand its complexities. I don't have time to listen to people criticize all the time. It's as if folks think players struggle because they want to fail

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 14, 2017 -> 03:30 PM)
I would tell you to look beyond stats and learn his to appreciate the game of baseball and how hard it is to succeed everyday. Understand its complexities. I don't have time to listen to people criticize all the time. It's as if folks think players struggle because they want to fail

Lol - STOP!!

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 14, 2017 -> 05:30 PM)
I would tell you to look beyond stats and learn to appreciate the game of baseball and how hard it is to succeed everyday. Understand its complexities. I don't have time to listen to people criticize all the time. It's as if folks think players struggle because they want to fail

You have a point here. I just went out and played baseball with some people today and yesterday...first time playing in a few years. I forgot how hard it was to throw a ball accurately consistently and to hit a well-thrown pitch well. I'm gonna be so sore just from running, swinging a bat and throwing a ball....after 2 days. These guys do it every day. Amazing.

That being said, I think Frazier would be an amazing coach/manager some day. If not for an MLB team, certainly a hs team or even little league.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 14, 2017 -> 04:30 PM)

You're right. Todd, keep trying hard. That's all I want. Effort. If you suck but at least you tried, I'm happy.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 14, 2017 -> 03:11 PM)
And it's early in the season. The guy hustles all the time and is a team leader.

I understand your point but it's not quite so early in the season anymore. We're six weeks in, Memorial Day is coming up fast and Todd struggled in a major way last year save for home runs.

Interesting stat for today though.

Jose Quintana finished with his 60th no-decision since '12, ranking No. 1 in the Majors in this dubious category.

He has received two runs or less of support in six of his eight starts this season.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 14, 2017 -> 10:30 PM)

Somebody should do a study on guys who try to hit a home run every time up and their value, versus what their value would be if they learned how to bunt and simply hit a single every time via bunt. To beat the shift.

Now if you are any power hitter today, you are basically trying to hit a home run every time to the plate. That's maybe 30 bombs a year if you are a success. Because of the shift, you hit about .215 if you are lucky with 30 homers and 80-100 RBI if your homers are productive ones. Let's say you bunted or took a half swing every time to beat the shift.

Which would make you more valuable? I'm of the opinion a guy like Frazier is basically worthless because of the shift.