White Sox @ Angels 9:07 CT

Kyyle23

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2017 -> 09:26 PM)
Holland's peripherals are not good. Velocity already down a bit from April

When I looked last night, he was in the back end of the Top 30 for WHIP and BAA (MLB)...I'm pretty sure both those categories. Maybe not super advanced stats, but there's at least something to back up the claim he's been pretty good besides ERA.

Obviously he has a ton of UER's on his record, so there's that.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 18, 2017 -> 04:29 AM)
When I looked last night, he was in the back end of the Top 30 for WHIP and BAA (MLB)...I'm pretty sure both those categories.

Obviously he has a ton of UER's on his record, so there's that.

Has a low BABIP so far. Also throwing less grounders than ever, which won't be fun at a warm Guaranteed Rate Field

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 17, 2017 -> 09:13 PM)
Not saying you thought we would, but no way we were getting anything for Gonzalez for gosh sakes. He's just another guy. Ditto Holland. Ditto Frazier. Ditto Melky. These guys are worth little to nothing. Nate Jones as well. He aint bringing anything useful folks.

Unfortunately, you are right. Hopefully, Jones comes back.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2017 -> 10:30 PM)
Has a low BABIP so far. Also throwing less grounders than ever, which won't be fun at a warm Guaranteed Rate Field

Well.. people want these vets to not rush the prospects in the system and eat up innings.. perfect for a rebuilding team who needs a top 3 pick next season.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 17, 2017 -> 09:39 PM)
Well.. people want these vets to not rush the prospects in the system and eat up innings.. perfect for a rebuilding team who needs a top 3 pick next season.

Unless Moncada doesn't play the second half for the Sox, I have a feeling the White Sox will end up drafting 6th-10th.

Trading Robertson, Cabrera and Frazier definitely won't kill their record.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 18, 2017 -> 04:39 AM)

Yeah I have no problem with Holland on the roster. Would have been nice for him to have high trade value, but that was never likely.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 17, 2017 -> 10:44 PM)
Trading Robertson, Cabrera and Frazier definitely won't kill their record.

Quintana will definitely have an effect. We'll see about the other bullpen pieces as well.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 17, 2017 -> 10:20 PM)
Sox will acquire Maybin when he's 33 and he'll have a Melky like career with the Sox luck.

Meanwhile, players like Aaron Hicks go to the Yankees and become All-Stars.

This day/night has been a total disaster.

Moncada on the DL. Fulmer blasted. Swarzak's luck runs out (ERA still a miniscule 1.37). Of course, it's hard to get TOO upset when it's Mike Trout doing the damage. He's pretty good.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 17, 2017 -> 10:22 PM)
I applaud you for that tremendous jinx.

Well, I'm officially all about having the worst possible record now. With the Indians struggling and the Twins in first, some part of me as a Sox baseball fan was trying to convince myself they could make a race of it at least into June/July, but this series and then the next two in Seattle and Arizona will probably wipe out any remaining illusions of grandeur.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 17, 2017 -> 11:23 PM)
Meanwhile, players like Aaron Hicks go to the Yankees and become All-Stars.

This day/night has been a total disaster.

Moncada on the DL. Fulmer blasted. Swarzak's luck runs out (ERA still a miniscule 1.37). Of course, it's hard to get TOO upset when it's Mike Trout doing the damage. He's pretty good.

Well, Adam Eaton took a massive step forward with the Sox... and that's about it as far as position players go.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ May 18, 2017 -> 05:24 AM)
I love that Renteria gave Swarzak a pep talk while taking him out. He needs to be our manager for a good long while.

Also, can we just not pitch to Trout, like, ever?

When did Renteria become this managerial god? Hawk was gushing about him earlier, and while I think he's a huge improvement from Ventura, he doesn't come across as a very good in-game coach.